NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gus Edwards 2020 Outlook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no thread yet for this cat? 18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per.  frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

Big fan of hype buses, trains and various automobiles...with faces...bravo!

Outlook for next week against Indy?

Need to pickup a RB for next week with many of my guys on injuries/byes... curious if Gus can provide low end RB2 numbers again. I just worry with no passing game role, he’s very TD dependent.

Thoughts?

So Gus and Dobbins both had a pretty standout game with Ingram out. I would expect Ingram to move to the third guy once healthy. Do we think Gus has a chance at becoming a decent flex/RB2 play with 15 touches a game + goal line? Or was Dobbins just too good in his outing?

2 minutes ago, harck said:

So Gus and Dobbins both had a pretty standout game with Ingram out. I would expect Ingram to move to the third guy once healthy. Do we think Gus has a chance at becoming a decent flex/RB2 play with 15 touches a game + goal line? Or was Dobbins just too good in his outing?

His upside is limited because he doesnt get used in passing game. He is too reliant on TDs which LJax and Dobbins have a chance to steal as well.

12 minutes ago, harck said:

Dobbins was way more explosive and also poses to be a weapon in the passing game. I’d imagine his floor is much safer especially in PPR but Gus seems to be the more trusted  of the 2 with the goaline work. If he doesn’t score it will be hard to start him since he doesn’t catch at all and seems less likely to break a long run like Dobbins can

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

His upside is limited because he doesnt get used in passing game. He is too reliant on TDs which LJax and Dobbins have a chance to steal as well.

Dobbins definitely has more upside but he's not getting more than 2 catches a game anyways, if that.

I'm seeing this guy surprisingly as the highest ranked RB on some waiver articles.  Even though Dobbins is the preferred add, especially in PPR.  It's just that Dobbins is likely not available.

He had a great game Sunday and landed in the end zone.  But if he doesn't?  He's not involved in the passing game at all.  Could be a very average 5-8 PPR points without the TD.  

Also very little on whether or not his knee is fine.  

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Theoneupper said:

Depending on your options. He’s probably going to be in the 15-20 range imo with some people putting him even higher. 

Monty, Gallman, James White. I’d say he should be in the top 15. He should get a large amount of carries, the matchup doesn’t worry me much Pittsburgh has been getting gashed lately. 

With Lamar's positive COVID test, how are folks feeling about Gus?  Let's presume he is the lone RB for Sunday (and the game actually happens).

I own Gus and I have no clue what to think here.  Volume should go up...but game flow could go south in a hurry.  I'm 50/50 at the moment if I go with an alternative.

5 minutes ago, rschroeder1 said:

With Lamar's positive COVID test, how are folks feeling about Gus?  Let's presume he is the lone RB for Sunday (and the game actually happens).

I own Gus and I have no clue what to think here.  Volume should go up...but game flow could go south in a hurry.  I'm 50/50 at the moment if I go with an alternative.

Ravens are gonna get slaughtered by the Steelers without Lamar.  Gus isn't very involved in the passing game.  Not feeling great about it, but may start him out of necessity.  If he's the only RB available for the Cowboys game though, then giddy up!

4 minutes ago, Blats said:

Let’s say the game is played. How do you feel?

Pretty good actually, Steelers are gonna be missing Tuitt and another on the dline so Gus should do decent on the ground. RG3 is actually a much better passer and much more accurate than Lamar so Pitt will need to respect that part. If Gus can get involved in the passing game and get 3-4 receptions we could be looking nice.