NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who wins this trade? WHIR 100%

10 team 0.5 PPR league

I am thinking of making this offer

I will be sending (Joe Mixon + DJ Moore + Hayden Hurst) in exchange for (Kenyan Drake + Amari Cooper)

My logic for the trade is getting an upgrade at WR, getting off the Mixon train and hoping that Drake starts to regress to what is supposed to his mean. The other team needs a startable TE (I have both Jonnu Smith and Hayden Hurst) and I had some depth at WR2s (Juju Smith Schuster, Robert Woods and DJ Moore). I think Joe Mixon and Kenyan Drake are a wash at this point. They're both performing similar, the only difference with Drake is that he has already scored a TD during week 1.

Who do you think comes out on top? Is this a good trade for me and/or him?

Edited by jpark211
1 minute ago, jlisowski10 said:

I don’t like this trade for you. I’d rather have Moore and Mixon over drake and Cooper.

Interesting take. Im guessing you're not sold that Drake will get more TDs? and that Amari won't out produce Moore?

6 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Thanks for the help. Does he have any other WR's that he'd be willing to trade? I do like this trade for you given your roster. In a vacuum, tho, I prefer your 3 players. 

Apologies for not being so clear. Any thoughts given the below?

My team:
QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Josh Jacobs, Joe Mixon, James Robinson, Joshua Kelley, Cam Akers, Damien Harris
WR: Juju Smith Schuster, DJ Moore, Robert Woods, AJ Green, N'Keal Harry
TE: Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst

His team:
QB: Tom Brady 
RB: Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake, Leonard Fournette, Kerryon Johnson
WR: Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Boyd, DJ Chark
TE: Austin Hooper

1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

10 team 0.5 PPR league

I am thinking of making this offer

I will be sending (Joe Mixon + DJ Moore + Hayden Hurst) in exchange for (Kenyan Drake + Amari Cooper)

My logic for the trade is getting an upgrade at WR, getting off the Mixon train and hoping that Drake starts to regress to what is supposed to his mean. The other team needs a startable TE (I have both Jonnu Smith and Hayden Hurst) and I had some depth at WR2s (Juju Smith Schuster, Robert Woods and DJ Moore). I think Joe Mixon and Kenyan Drake are a wash at this point. They're both performing similar, the only difference with Drake is that he has already scored a TD during week 1.

Who do you think comes out on top? Is this a good trade for me and/or him?

I think Mixon & Drake are close. I know Mixon hasn't done much, but neither has Drake, although ARI offense is better than CIN.

I thought Moore would put up consistent numbers with Teddy, but so far, only 1 good week. Cooper is doing well & should continue, since their Def is struggling. I would take a chance on this trade, then pick up a back up TE, if any available.

I think, like last year, Mixon will have a stronger second half, whereas I've never really been sold on Drake, so if you can do a DJ Moore/Hurst --> Cooper trade, I'd do that (I wouldn't do JuJu, though).  I think Drake will be capped in his production because of who his QB is and what he is becoming.

Help with mine?

I also own Mixon and Hurst (thanks for the reply to my Mixon trade post). I thought Hurst would've had a much bigger role but he seems to be forgotten in ATL, even with Julio out. Drake has more potential than Mixon at this point. Coop will have his duds and that Cowboys offense is loaded with weapons. I'm really on the fence with this one. But I think I would hold onto your players and not do this deal. 

I'd do it pretty easily Drake=Mixon but Cooper is wayyyyy over DJ Moore right now. I love DJ Moore and it wasn't that way draft season but it is now. Unless Robby Anderson goes away DJ Moore is more of a back end WR2 to me. He's still good but Cooper much more bankable and both players you get are in better offenses.

I like this trade a lot. Sure Drake has been disappointing to start the season, but no where as disappointing as Mixon IMO. Amari Cooper is a wr1 IMO and is a better weekly play than DJ moore. Jonnu smith is legit so you're find at the TE spot. 

return the favor?

12 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I'd do it pretty easily Drake=Mixon but Cooper is wayyyyy over DJ Moore right now. I love DJ Moore and it wasn't that way draft season but it is now. Unless Robby Anderson goes away DJ Moore is more of a back end WR2 to me. He's still good but Cooper much more bankable and both players you get are in better offenses.

Thanks for this take.

What do you think if I paired Juju instead of DJ Moore. Ive been looking at a ton of stats and it seems like the volume and air yardage for Moore is there. Its only a matter of time before he lives up to his ADP. However, I think Juju may already be overvalued given most of his points have come from TDs which are harder to predict. 

I think I will keep Mixon for now but definitely would like Cooper. So if you were me, would you give up Juju + Hurst for Cooper? He also has A Rob which may be a better bet.