NBC Sports Edge Forums

This trade should be vetoed IMO...what do you guys think?

2 keeper league where your keepers are used as you 1st and 2nd round picks. So essentially a 3rd round pick is your first pick.

Alshon Jeffery and 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks for next year for

Cooper Kupp and Mark Ingram and 13th, 14th, 15th round picks

The kid traded his top 3 picks for next year and he didn't even get a stud back. Also, the guy who traded for picks will be keeping CMC. First year of being able to trade for picks and have keepers and the Commish himself is throwing in the towel. Already made another trade for a 4th round pick. There's my rant let me know if I'm acting crazy before I go bezerk on the group chat.

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Sounds like you should have traded with that dope first. 

just leave next year or vote to kick that guy

No chance I would've even thought about asking for his top 3 picks, but yeah you're probably right.

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Try throwing him some lowballs, see what you get 

Think I made too much of a stink about the trade to go ahead and trade rape the kid right after lmao. Also I'm content with the squad...just put up 190.

IMO that's a bad deal for the team getting Kupp/Ingram but there's many variables.  The real question is, do both teams know what they are doing?  Is one team going to leave the league after this year since he gave up those picks?  That's kinda like giving up on next year for Kupp and Ingram, which is not worth it.  Maybe if you were getting Kupp + J Taylor or something, but it seems way lopsided.  I imagine the guy is gonna quit next year or doesn't know what he's doing.

I think the difficult part is that it's only a two player keeper league. So, I don't know the size of the league but lets just say its 16.  32 players get kept there. I don't think Cooper Kupp is a top 32 keeper and Ingram certainly isn't. I could see it if you are moving the picks for a building block but I would imagine Kupp is type of player who is on the cusp of being kept in this sort of league. 

15 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think the difficult part is that it's only a two player keeper league. So, I don't know the size of the league but lets just say its 16.  32 players get kept there. I don't think Cooper Kupp is a top 32 keeper and Ingram certainly isn't. I could see it if you are moving the picks for a building block but I would imagine Kupp is type of player who is on the cusp of being kept in this sort of league. 

It's only 12 teams. 

Kupp was drafted in the 5th round and Ingram in the 6th round. How the hell could they be worth a 3rd, 4th, and 5th next year?

12 minutes ago, JJRules said:

The only rationale I see for making this trade is if the guy getting Kupp and Ingram thinks or expects to be getting 2018/2019 versions of the players, and also thinks he's competitive.

My friend has called him our leagues Taco. Trading a 3rd round pick for a 6th round pick because 6 is his lucky number.

21 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

IMO that's a bad deal for the team getting Kupp/Ingram but there's many variables.  The real question is, do both teams know what they are doing?  Is one team going to leave the league after this year since he gave up those picks?  That's kinda like giving up on next year for Kupp and Ingram, which is not worth it.  Maybe if you were getting Kupp + J Taylor or something, but it seems way lopsided.  I imagine the guy is gonna quit next year or doesn't know what he's doing.

I think he will quit once he realizes the best RB available when he makes his first pick will probably be Mark Ingram lol.

Currently at 5 vetoes and 4 upholds. 7 vetoes needed. We shall see.

12 minutes ago, collucho said:

It's only 12 teams. 

Kupp was drafted in the 5th round and Ingram in the 6th round. How the hell could they be worth a 3rd, 4th, and 5th next year?

My friend has called him our leagues Taco. Trading a 3rd round pick for a 6th round pick because 6 is his lucky number.

I think he will quit once he realizes the best RB available when he makes his first pick will probably be Mark Ingram lol.

Currently at 5 vetoes and 4 upholds. 7 vetoes needed. We shall see.

i think the biggest problem with this trade is IF the team with no 1-3 rd picks next year quits, you won't be able to fill that spot in the league and you have to figure out what you'd do.