NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Diggs for a 2nd?

Alright need a think tank right now. In my main league I am 0-3, been dealing with injuries and bad luck in playing a top 3 scoring team the first 2 weeks and injuries killing me in week 3. Here is my roster:

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Joe Mixon, Mostert, Akers, Gore, Hyde, (Leveon Bell and Damien Harris on IR)
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown, Darius Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Laviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Randall Cobb
TE - Jimmy Graham

Starting lineup positions are QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R, W/R/T, DST, K

This is a keeper league where you keep the player in the round you draft them. And we allow draft pick trading.

I was just offered a 2nd round pick for Stefon Diggs. I drafted Diggs in the 6th. I am trying to decide if I should take the offer.

Diggs has been great, but I may be able to still turn things around with my current roster if Jackson can get back to last years form. It is only 3 weeks in and I don't give up this early, but I think my team can take that hit and pick up a 2nd round pick for next year and still compete for a playoff spot. I think if I wait, I may not get this good of an offer especially if I lose again this week.

Thoughts?

I've never participated in these kinds of trades before but I get how it's enticing.  If you trade Diggs, I'd say you're just throwing in the towel cause I don't think your team would be very competitive at that point.  Personally I wouldn't do it unless I'm in a bunch of leagues cause to just not care about fantasy for the rest of the season (before week 4) really sucks and takes the fun out of it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mgp2675 said:

I've never participated in these kinds of trades before but I get how it's enticing.  If you trade Diggs, I'd say you're just throwing in the towel cause I don't think your team would be very competitive at that point.  Personally I wouldn't do it unless I'm in a bunch of leagues cause to just not care about fantasy for the rest of the season (before week 4) really sucks and takes the fun out of it.

I'm in 7 leagues (yes I am a degenerate)...If Julio, Brown, Johnson, Mostert, Akers, and Bell are healthy I think my team could still stay competitive and make a run without Diggs. But they still deal with injuries and continue to miss more time, I don't think Diggs will be able to make this team competitive. I have never tanked or given up on a season, especially in week 4, so this is a tough decision.