NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who to start at TE this week - Alie-Cox or Hurst?

ZMan17

1 hour ago, ZMan17 said:

League is 1/2 pt PPR. I keep wanting to believe Hurst will start raking in receptions, but maybe I'm just fooling myself...

I would play Hurst and it’s not that close. I love Gigantaur but there’s no guarantee that he’s going to be running a bunch of routes and be the main passing TE. Until that soon to be 3 TE situation figured itself out I wouldn’t start any of them unless I had to.

Hurst has given you something every week with a really nice week 2. Now they have to go score to keep up with GB in a 57 point over/under game. 

play Hurst for guaranteed snaps and routes and hope Gigantaur separates himself from the other two TE in Indy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aapox said:

I would play Hurst and it’s not that close. I love Gigantaur but there’s no guarantee that he’s going to be running a bunch of routes and be the main passing TE. Until that soon to be 3 TE situation figured itself out I wouldn’t start any of them unless I had to.

Hurst has given you something every week with a really nice week 2. Now they have to go score to keep up with GB in a 57 point over/under game. 

play Hurst for guaranteed snaps and routes and hope Gigantaur separates himself from the other two TE in Indy. 

I couldn’t have said it better. I think Doyle ran 12 routes to Mo’s 8. If I’m wrong I’m not far off. I’d start Hurst all day and wouldn’t mind having him as a weekly starter. I believe in him. He’s not Kelce but he’s also not been terrible 

• Thanks 1

can we believe that hurst is going to get the snaps?, Mo Allie-Cox isnt getting that many targets as well but he is making everything he can from them. I do believe that this is the last game to use Gigantor because Burton is now off of IR and they loved him in the offseason. I personally have hurst as well and he continually under performs and i cant move him in a trade. I picked up Schultz and will use him now as my primary TE moving forward. 

i cant trust hurst even in plus matchups every week 

4 hours ago, springtexas1983 said:

can we believe that hurst is going to get the snaps?, Mo Allie-Cox isnt getting that many targets as well but he is making everything he can from them. I do believe that this is the last game to use Gigantor because Burton is now off of IR and they loved him in the offseason. I personally have hurst as well and he continually under performs and i cant move him in a trade. I picked up Schultz and will use him now as my primary TE moving forward. 

i cant trust hurst even in plus matchups every week 

It's been 3 weeks man. He's had one game with bad usage. This is not enough of a sample size to bail on. You know what game 3 was, right? it was game script. When the Falcons were winning last year, Hooper did not get many targets. When they were trailing, he got tons. I wouldn't bet anything no matter the odds that they will not be chasing points in GB.

He is far and away their best TE. There are three guys worth getting snaps in Indy. I LOVE GIGANTAUR. But this isn't close.