NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gabriel Davis 2020 Outlook

Magoo

23 minutes ago, Magoo said:

No thread? He looked soooooo good Sunday and PT will not be a problem moving forward. Give him 6 targets or so next game and he’ll go bananas. 

Coaches LOVE him too.

John Brown was back at practice today and unless he reaggravates his injury, Davis will go back to being irrelevant.

23 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

John Brown was back at practice today and unless he reaggravates his injury, Davis will go back to being irrelevant.

Probably true but here is the interesting thing about this guy (and I haven't seen him play) but he's caught every target this year. Its not a lot but its worth monitoring if he starts becoming more of a factor. Appreciate these heads-up threads. This might not be a thing for this week but if you have a deep league, injuries, extra spot burning a hole in your roster, dynasty etc. then this guy might be a longer term dart throw.

I love Diggs but he hasn't always been a pillar of health either... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Davis snap share per game: 1) 49% 2)36% 3)74%

Obviously the spike was correlated with Brown getting hurt but imo with performance comes more opportunity.  And he didn't have a de minimis snap share before that.  

Just something to monitor.

I think he drew the PI call that got them the win fwiw.

Gabriel Davis was a monster in college.  Bread and butter was murdering guys on deep routes.  He isn't much of a make guys miss and pick up yards after catch type, but he can run for daylight and might beat them to the endzone.  If you throw a jump ball he is going to give you good odds of coming down with it.  A lot of knocking on speed but he managed to get open often and behind guys in college.  Has great hands and rarely had drops.  Reminds me a bit of Brandon Marshall who also went to UCF.  A guy who looked good out of school but they knocked his speed, even though it was wasn't bad, it just wasn't special.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Gabriel Davis was a monster in college.  Bread and butter was murdering guys on deep routes.  He isn't much of a make guys miss and pick up yards after catch type, but he can run for daylight and might beat them to the endzone.  If you throw a jump ball he is going to give you good odds of coming down with it.  A lot of knocking on speed but he managed to get open often and behind guys in college.  Has great hands and rarely had drops.  Reminds me a bit of Brandon Marshall who also went to UCF.  A guy who looked good out of school but they knocked his speed, even though it was wasn't bad, it just wasn't special.

Great comp. Yea it’s speculative but his style seems tailor made for the pros and a QB with so so accuracy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Sneaky pickup???

I think--mostly in 14/16 team leagues and/or ones with 3 WR spots. He had a TD called back Tues night on an absolute phantom flag. Brown is not the healthiest dude and feels like Beasly is always limping around...plus no real TE or RB (currently) receiving options and a defense that is reeling. Arrow ⬆️

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Rookie with no preseason or training camp.  Can't automatically assume Brown will have to miss games for him to be involved in the offense.

Think it's a safe assumption if he's just being plugged into JB's role which that's what it seems to be so far with the Rams and Titans games. JA wants to throw the ball vertical, and Davis is probably the only other guy the defense will take seriously as a deep threat.