NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gabriel Davis 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Think it's a safe assumption if he's just being plugged into JB's role which that's what it seems to be so far with the Rams and Titans games. JA wants to throw the ball vertical, and Davis is probably the only other guy the defense will take seriously as a deep threat. 

It looked like he was running the full route tree, had targets underneath and across the middle.  Not a safe assumption he will only play when Brown is out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looked like he was running the full route tree, had targets underneath and across the middle.  Not a safe assumption he will only play when Brown is out.

He is a really interesting player, with some explosive traits. He has already earned a part of the offense, but just saw the practice video of Smokey Brown limping badly and Cole B is a bit bange

It is remarkably similar in CBS with a 9%-2% own/start...I am playing him in one of my semi-finals...but it is simply due to decimation in my WR room [...] ...i think he is a decent lotto ticket play,

Posted Images

18 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

So he's a good flex if Brown's out on Monday. I have them both and am considering it if Brown's out.  

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

In line for major snaps this weekend vs the Jets with Smokey out - could be a sneaky good play if you are in deeper leagues.

Yeah I am cautiously optimistic here.

Just depends on what Allen shows up, the last 2 weeks he deep accuracy completely disappeared...but the Jets are prob a great elixir!

8 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

In line for major snaps this weekend vs the Jets with Smokey out - could be a sneaky good play if you are in deeper leagues.

5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I am cautiously optimistic here.

Just depends on what Allen shows up, the last 2 weeks he deep accuracy completely disappeared...but the Jets are prob a great elixir!

I'm thinking about playing him in my flex(as a WR4) I'm just concerned the Bills won't have to throw much.

• 1 month later...

Not calling him a league winner due to the schedule, but whenever this guy is on the field full time, he does pretty well...

Could be a reason they release John Brown next year...

Anyone picking him up and starting as a WR3?

Starting to think Beasley benefits from John Brown...Beasley is nothing special and Brown clears the field. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

I'm rolling him out over guys like Mike Williams, Perriman, ect. WR3 in high powered throwing offense. He always going to have the worst CB on him with every team he plays the rest of the way. 

Davis and Diggs actually don't have good matchups at all on the perimeter against the SF cornerbacks.

The guy with the best matchup is Beasley. 

I'm staying away. Had considered Davis, but going with Mims.

42 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

I'm rolling him out over guys like Mike Williams, Perriman, ect. WR3 in high powered throwing offense. He always going to have the worst CB on him with every team he plays the rest of the way. 

oof...good luck. Josh Allen isn’t the same without John brown and the 49ers are back to a top 10-15 defense. Couple that with extremely limited target share on insane efficiency and it’s an easy fade.

perriman is a much safer start in a projected game script and he’s been playing well, and the raiders are truly horrific 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

oof...good luck. Josh Allen isn’t the same without John brown and the 49ers are back to a top 10-15 defense. Couple that with extremely limited target share on insane efficiency and it’s an easy fade.

perriman is a much safer start in a projected game script and he’s been playing well, and the raiders are truly horrific 

Yeah, I get it.. not a great look on paper but someone has to catch the ball/put points up. I trust John Allen more than I do Sam Darnold and that crappy offense. (Even though Perriman has been putting up solid numbers) 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Thoughts on his dynasty value?

Good Dynasty prospect if room.  His strength is ball tracking.  He will probably force defenses to be honest, so unless a deficiency or better options, he might get a fairshare of playing time but not that many targets.  My guess for his upside:  Might develop into a 2 to 5 targets a game with a high yards per catch average who could get 8 to 10 TDs a season with Josh Allen and hos explosive the Bills offense is becoming.  Ceiling would be a WR2 in PPR and borderline WR1 in standard. If he was able to play more of a route tree, he could be one of the top WR in any format.  Floor is being a nothing. 

Edited by nine9s
  • Like 1

Continues to produce. Primetime matchup against a banged up Pitt defense that may not have Joe Haden due to a concussion. Looks like a potential shootout, with them going to have to put the focus on Diggs.

I like Davis a lot as a boom bust flex play this week in round 1 💪🏽

Just now, Breesus said:

Continues to produce. Primetime matchup against a banged up Pitt defense that may not have Joe Haden due to a concussion. Looks like a potential shootout, with them going to have to put the focus on Diggs.

I like Davis a lot as a boom bust flex play this week in round 1 💪🏽

Yeah why not. He's talented and never seems to leave the field--and we know BUF is a pass first, 3WR base team.

• Like 1