NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gabriel Davis 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Jmiller21kg said:

8 targets against PIT and another TD. Anyone rolling him out as their FLEX this week if Brown is out? I’m deciding between him and Patrick. 

I don't see Brown making it in this week but who really knows right now.  And the CBS guys were saying unfortunately, the Bills don't have to give any injury designations on Brown during the week bc he's coming off IR.  For me its between him and Agholor and the clock is ticking...for what its worth, DEN is super thin at secondary right now and I think Buffalo will pounce.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looked like he was running the full route tree, had targets underneath and across the middle.  Not a safe assumption he will only play when Brown is out.

He is a really interesting player, with some explosive traits. He has already earned a part of the offense, but just saw the practice video of Smokey Brown limping badly and Cole B is a bit bange

It is remarkably similar in CBS with a 9%-2% own/start...I am playing him in one of my semi-finals...but it is simply due to decimation in my WR room [...] ...i think he is a decent lotto ticket play,

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I don't see Brown making it in this week but who really knows right now.  And the CBS guys were saying unfortunately, the Bills don't have to give any injury designations on Brown during the week bc he's coming off IR.  For me its between him and Agholor and the clock is ticking...for what its worth, DEN is super thin at secondary right now and I think Buffalo will pounce.

The good thing is, besides the Thurs game, this is the earliest game on the docket since they play Sat at 3:30. Gives Davis owners the flexibility to pivot another direction if Brown is active. 

Although I went back and looked at the 3 games prior to Browns absence to get a sense of the snap counts:

Davis: 35/60%, 32/47%, 37/51%
Brown: 47/81%, 53/78%, 54/74%

Davis’ targets those games were 2/5/3 to Browns 2/11/8. Davis has really come on in Browns absence and he’s probably earned a few more targets. But I think it’s fair to say that if Brown is back, it’s really hard to trust starting Davis in a playoff week. 

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

9% ownership, 3% start, says Yahoo.

image.png.5bdcbc4f163156bf5c97353bc3e417f9.png

It is remarkably similar in CBS with a 9%-2% own/start...I am playing him in one of my semi-finals...but it is simply due to decimation in my WR room [...] ...i think he is a decent lotto ticket play, or at least I hope.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It is remarkably similar in CBS with a 9%-2% own/start...I am playing him in one of my semi-finals...but it is simply due to decimation in my WR room [...]...i think he is a decent lotto ticket play, or at least I hope.

Same. My other options are Crowder, Jeudy, and Meyers. Gabriel has scored a TD in each of the last 3 games without Brown. He has a clear role in this offense at the moment. There's much worse options this week.

• Like 1