Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giovani Bernard 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I've got both Gio and Mixon clogging my bench up at least one has to go and maybe both. I don't see Mixon coming back and if you're forced to start Gio then you're desperate at this point.

 

How would you rank him ROS? top 30 RB in PPR? top 40 in standard? thats prob where id clock in i think, but curious what you are thinking as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I've got both Gio and Mixon clogging my bench up at least one has to go and maybe both. I don't see Mixon coming back and if you're forced to start Gio then you're desperate at this point.

 

So I am not sure how this works with the teams, but if I were a franchise owner and I am paying a ton of salary for a top player, wouldn't I want him to return and make him work for his money? I do also understand that this can be see as an investment but if he isn't playing its just money lost on the table. As an owner, I would at least want him to return for a few games and earn his contract rather then let him sit. This is of course if he is healthy enough to play for a few games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

 

So I am not sure how this works with the teams, but if I were a franchise owner and I am paying a ton of salary for a top player, wouldn't I want him to return and make him work for his money? I do also understand that this can be see as an investment but if he isn't playing its just money lost on the table. As an owner, I would at least want him to return for a few games and earn his contract rather then let him sit. This is of course if he is healthy enough to play for a few games.

 

All risk no reward for the organization

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Touches aren't decreasing so thats not really a factor, still the main RB for this squad, hasnt done much on the ground with the carries he gets tho no doubt

 

His value ROS i think comes from the passing game and dump offs, more useful in PPR than standard but id be hesitant to drop a clear cut starting RB on any team (i think Mixon is done ROS, no reason to bring him back, paid him already, Burrow out so lost season, foot injuries are sketchy for RB's)

He went from 13 carries week 7, 15 carries week 8. To now 8, 9, 8 carries the past 3 games. I would say that’s decreasing. Definitely not trending up. Gore is also the main RB for his squad and gets the majority of the work. Again it’s your team I would rather start gore over him 100% for those that are in serious need of starting a RB. I’m dropping because I could never see myself starting him. I’d start gore James white etc over him at this point.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He went from 13 carries week 7, 15 carries week 8. To now 8, 9, 8 carries the past 3 games. I would say that’s decreasing. Definitely not trending up. Gore is also the main RB for his squad and gets the majority of the work. Again it’s your team I would rather start gore over him 100% for those that are in serious need of starting a RB. I’m dropping because I could never see myself starting him. I’d start gore James white etc over him at this point.

 

The carries are more of the team being down over him losing "touches"

when I hear touches are decreasing in fantasy football, that means someone is taking those touches, but in this case, its merely game script so just wanted to clarify

 

Gore for example is only available because he and Perine were splitting very recently, so the fact that gore being the main guy is your reasoning to prefer him, heres Gio being the main guy as well, both terrible teams, Gio more passing work, so id easily take Gio PPR and probably Gore in standard if i had to pick out of the RB dumpster hah Gio White is prob same tier for me in PPR so i get that parallel 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The game was competitive throughout so it's discouraging to only see a combined 10 totes from the RB group. You would think the passing game would take a backseat when you're starting a god awful practice squad QB but Zac Taylor does not appear to be a very good head coach. The positive is Perine and Williams received a combined 1 carry. So while his touches are decreasing he still has a firm grasp on his starting job. I have a lot of doubts Mixon returns this year and Gio has a week 14 matchup against Dal and week 16 against Hou. Those are matchups worth holding for if you're able. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

The carries are more of the team being down over him losing "touches"

 

Well it was 10-10 at half - both offenses were brutal - so the lack of rush attempts is somewhat baffling considering Gio was at last reeling off 4 ypc. Not great but respectable enough when you're trotting out Brandon ******* Allen at QB. I think it's more of a product of bad coaching which unfortunately is also a concern for Gio's outlook. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the playoff push I'm forced to drop Gio in a 12 team standard league. I picked him up during his Week 9 bye in hopes that he would be a fringe RB1 while Mixon was out, especially with those 2 nice performances the weeks before, but unfortunately it didn't work out! Maybe in PPR if he was getting some dump offs but he's not even getting that... 

Peace ✌️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

@Sternes😄😄 league winner right ? hasn't broke 8+ in half ppr since week 8 

 

Never did I say he was a league winner.

I said Mixon wouldn't be back.

I saw your post last time you tried to call me out littered with profanity and it was deleted before I could reply.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he's been bad recently, but is anyone feeling confident rolling him out next week against Dallas after watching the Ravens gash them for 300 yards on the ground, along with them being dead last on the year against the run?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I know he's been bad recently, but is anyone feeling confident rolling him out next week against Dallas after watching the Ravens gash them for 300 yards on the ground, along with them being dead last on the year against the run?

I'm still not confident and likely won't start. I can see the argument for starting though. If you're not going to start him this game you might as well drop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I'm still not confident and likely won't start. I can see the argument for starting though. If you're not going to start him this game you might as well drop.

Agree with this. In no way am I confident in starting him, but I might roll him out there anyway. The Dallas run D is so bad, but so is the Bengals offense. I just don't know which is going to win out here. But yeah, if you're not starting him in this matchup, you'll never do it, time to cut bait. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not starting with confidence, but there are worse dart throws than him. He is going to get 10-15 touches vs a bad defense. I am guessing he sucks, but maybe he will score a TD and serve his purpose for our teams in the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this week against possibly the worst rush defense of the decade in the Cowboys at home? He's still carrying the ball the most by far for Cincy, even though they have almost 0 passing game. Bernard is also somehow averaging 4 catches a game since Mixon went down too. I would think they run and run and run this game and hope for the best. Thoughts? I mean with Gibson going down, Swift coming back from a horrible concussion apparently, Miles Sanders being worthless and having a terrible matchup to boot.......just thinking aloud here...

Of course, they could get down early and that kills his value too in a sweet matchup....

Edited by MrPositive
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...