• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I don't love this development on an already bad O-line.

I’m not a football wizard but to me you gotta throw the ball and if your WR’s can’t run their routes you throw to the route that takes the shortest time to develop. Again I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

• Like 1
Just now, OdellBaconJr said:

lol when mixon is back he's going back to backup 

Why do you think I'm implying he has the job OVER Mixon?  He has the job because I think there WON'T BE any Mixon the rest of the year.

15 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Evidence is Bengals seem to know what they're doing nowadays, why risk anything not worth risking this year?

I wouldn’t call that evidence. If Mixon is healed up after the bye, there is zero reason to sit him. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Evidence is Bengals seem to know what they're doing nowadays, why risk anything not worth risking this year?

They’re going to save a RB for their possible SB run in 5 yrs? They should focus on winning 1 game at a time before they start thinking about saving bullets for when they might be competitive.

• Like 2

When has a team ever pulled a healthy player for half the season because their record is bad and they don't want to "risk anything"? Megatron would have been out at week 10 every year. This might be a thing in week 16 or 17 if they're coming off a serious injury and they're already out of the playoffs, but this is still the NFL. Of course he wants to win a super bowl at some point in his career, but that doesn't mean he isn't trying to compete every week just because his team isn't going to the postseason. I have Gio in two leagues, Mixon in one, I'm confidently starting Gio until Mixon comes back, but I don't expect Mixon to be out beyond the bye unless there's a setback.

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

When has a team ever pulled a healthy player for half the season because their record is bad and they don't want to "risk anything"? Megatron would have been out at week 10 every year. This might be a thing in week 16 or 17 if they're coming off a serious injury and they're already out of the playoffs, but this is still the NFL. Of course he wants to win a super bowl at some point in his career, but that doesn't mean he isn't trying to compete every week just because his team isn't going to the postseason. I have Gio in two leagues, Mixon in one, I'm confidently starting Gio until Mixon comes back, but I don't expect Mixon to be out beyond the bye unless there's a setback.

Agree. 

Was happy to get Gio to help fill my Mostert gap for a couple weeks.

Gio is Gio. As he has in the past, he fills in admirably for Mixon when he's out. Then he goes back to #2. I don't see why this would change. There is not a single data point for the other scenario.

Most likely, Mixon is back after the bye and I'm dumping Gio. Only way I wouldn't if there is some indication that this foot injury is super serious.

• Like 4

Any Gio owners have any luck trading for Mixon? I feel like this is a prime opportunity.

Cinci bye week is next week. That's potentially two more weeks Mixon owners don't have him. Maybe more since there is an unknown here in terms of injury severity. Mixon owners may be thinking Lisfranc, season ending injury, etc. and may want to get out now at any cost.

I'm thinking lessor RB (say a Perine type flex play) and a solid WR. Could be wishful thinking.

Any luck out there?

Arrow pointing way down for Mixon.  As long as Mixon is out, Gio is obviously a solid start in PPR leagues.

Even if Mixon returns, I believe Gio is a must-ache for the remainder of the season given Mixon's injury.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Agree. 

Was happy to get Gio to help fill my Mostert gap for a couple weeks.

Gio is Gio. As he has in the past, he fills in admirably for Mixon when he's out. Then he goes back to #2. I don't see why this would change. There is not a single data point for the other scenario.

Most likely, Mixon is back after the bye and I'm dumping Gio. Only way I wouldn't if there is some indication that this foot injury is super serious.

Fire him up

[NFL update] #Bengals declare RB Joe Mixon (foot) out again for Sunday, his second straight game missed. Gio Bernard will start vs. the #Titans .

Nothing scary about Tenn Fantasy outlook vs. Rb's...And if Clowney is out...even better

Edited by mar111kle

I'm starting to wonder if Gio might be usable for week 10 too? I think most of us assumed he would be a solid two-week rental and then dropping him since the consensus was that Mixon is likely just sitting out this week since they have their upcoming bye week. But it seems weird that after all this time there still isn't really any news on Mixon's actual injury...it could possibly be worse than everyone thought and there's a chance he doesn't come back week 10.

8 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Gio might be usable for week 10 too? I think most of us assumed he would be a solid two-week rental and then dropping him since the consensus was that Mixon is likely just sitting out this week since they have their upcoming bye week. But it seems weird that after all this time there still isn't really any news on Mixon's actual injury...it could possibly be worse than everyone thought and there's a chance he doesn't come back week 10.

Maybe .. but I wouldn't count on it.

You really want to hold Gio through the bye, only to drop him when Mixon is back. I know I don't

From my understanding Cincy is playing it safe and cautious with Joe & he should be back for Week 10.

But stranger things have happened. 

33 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Wont know full time week 10 usability of Gio until Mixon actually practices. I think he is worth the bye hold.

Edited by mar111kle

There was lots of excitement about Gio when he first came into the league. Then every year after, when the narrative was that he is just a third down back and can’t carry the load, he always proves his mettle when given the chance. A boring to hold but effective player when given opportunity.

• Like 3