NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giovani Bernard 2020 Outlook

First off who cares about the o line unless you are playing standard?? Who in here plays in standard leagues with this fella??? 

He is ppr gold as long as mixon is out, fire him up...

Hold him through the bye and see if mixon comes back or not

• Like 1
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Mixon is day-to-day and there’s half the season left. Give it a rest.

If he’s day to day why was he ruled out today and not a GTD?

The only thing that needs a rest is his Lis Franc injury

• Like 1

gio is a top handcuff imo, he should be owned in all 12+ team leagues even if mixon is healthy. how many handcuffs would you trust more than you trust gio this week? edmonds, murray, mattison, and maybe pollard are the only ones i can think of who automatically become must-starts with the #1 out. (edit: probably also snell)

people talk about him as a ppr rb, but he still got 13 carries and scored 15 for me in standard. he just seems criminally undervalued. i thought about selling to the mixon owner, but i don’t think anyone is offering much for him—i would rather just hold and have a top-15 rb whenever mixon is out.

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

people talk about him as a ppr rb, but he still got 13 carries and scored 15 for me in standard. he just seems criminally undervalued. i thought about selling to the mixon owner, but i don’t think anyone is offering much for him—i would rather just hold and have a top-15 rb whenever mixon is out.

If I hadn't left him on my bench he would have gotten me 21pts (league rewards TDs--12 pts for his 3 yd receiving TD). 

11 hours ago, kencav said:

If he’s day to day why was he ruled out today and not a GTD?

The only thing that needs a rest is his Lis Franc injury

It’s “Lisfranc” and find a source confirming he has that specific injury or stop spreading misinformation

36 minutes ago, smeeze said:

It’s “Lisfranc” and find a source confirming he has that specific injury or stop spreading misinformation

Tell the Athletic to stop spreading “misinformation” and I will as well.

What do you see on Joe Mixon playing this week (and beyond)? – Jamie S.

Joe Mixon has been ruled out for Week 7, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he also misses Week 8. It looks like he is dealing with a mid foot (or Lisfranc) sprain, and these can be slow to heal. Mixon did return to the game last Sunday after getting injured but didn’t look like himself. Now he is going to miss at least one game after not practicing all week. The Bengals have a Week 9 bye, so he could have a full month to get that foot healthy before playing in Week 10, if he misses next week as well. 

A mid foot sprain is tough to play through because the ligaments in the arch of the foot can be damaged. Any time you go to take a step or push off it is aggravated. Because of this he needs multiple weeks for it to heal. If he returns too soon it’s going to hurt his performance and will leave him in that High Injury Risk category. A mild foot sprain would come with a 2 week Optimal Recovery Time, but a more serious sprain could need 5+ weeks. 

Are you Mixons agent by any chance?....do you not agree that he probably has a foot sprain....do you know that a Lis Frank injury IS a foot sprain?

Just wondering 

ten def per game avg this year to all rbs they have played(goodish rbs they have played dj, conner, j rob, gordon)

2.8 rec

20 rec yd

no rb with over 30 rec yds

as someone whos value is tied to rec more than rushing are we just over looking that and hoping the burrow affect will make gio a good option this week?

most teams are starting gio with byes inj ect but if you have other decent options how are we feeling about gio.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ten def per game avg this year to all rbs they have played(goodish rbs they have played dj, conner, j rob, gordon)

2.8 rec

20 rec yd

no rb with over 30 rec yds

as someone whos value is tied to rec more than rushing are we just over looking that and hoping the burrow affect will make gio a good option this week?

most teams are starting gio with byes inj ect but if you have other decent options how are we feeling about gio.

Thanks for pointing this out. Jayon Brown is a speedster at inside LB and excels at covering backs. This is no gimme for Gio but the volume is tough to pass up on. Another concern is the titans just man handle the bengals and control the TOP with the run game and CIN never really gets into any rhythm offensively

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, kencav said:

Tell the Athletic to stop spreading “misinformation” and I will as well.

What do you see on Joe Mixon playing this week (and beyond)? – Jamie S.

Joe Mixon has been ruled out for Week 7, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he also misses Week 8. It looks like he is dealing with a mid foot (or Lisfranc) sprain, and these can be slow to heal. Mixon did return to the game last Sunday after getting injured but didn’t look like himself. Now he is going to miss at least one game after not practicing all week. The Bengals have a Week 9 bye, so he could have a full month to get that foot healthy before playing in Week 10, if he misses next week as well. 

A mid foot sprain is tough to play through because the ligaments in the arch of the foot can be damaged. Any time you go to take a step or push off it is aggravated. Because of this he needs multiple weeks for it to heal. If he returns too soon it’s going to hurt his performance and will leave him in that High Injury Risk category. A mild foot sprain would come with a 2 week Optimal Recovery Time, but a more serious sprain could need 5+ weeks. 

Are you Mixons agent by any chance?....do you not agree that he probably has a foot sprain....do you know that a Lis Frank injury IS a foot sprain?

Just wondering 

Didn’t know the Athletic employed Bengals team doctors.

I know what a LISFRANC fracture is, I don’t have any idea what his injury is because the coaches/team hasn’t told us anything. Might be a lisfranc fracture/mid-foot sprain. Could be plantar fasciitis. Could be turf toe. Could be frostbite on his pinky toe. We literally have no idea.

You passing along speculation from one of the Bengals’ team of incompetent beat writers as fact helps nobody.

• Like 1

@kencav

I’m sure you’re fired up about your Gio waiver wire pickup but there’s no indication whatsoever Mixon is out beyond the bye. You don’t think the Bengals would put him on the new 3 week IR if they knew he’d be out for an extended period?

FWIW I own both Gio & Mixon, it definitely benefits me personally when 1 of them doesn’t play.

31 minutes ago, smeeze said:

@kencav

I’m sure you’re fired up about your Gio waiver wire pickup but there’s no indication whatsoever Mixon is out beyond the bye. You don’t think the Bengals would put him on the new 3 week IR if they knew he’d be out for an extended period?

FWIW I own both Gio & Mixon, it definitely benefits me personally when 1 of them doesn’t play.

Actually.....I’m more fired up to have not taken Mixon as my 1st round selection.

Smeeze is “en fuego”!

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Didn’t know the Athletic employed Bengals team doctors.

I know what a LISFRANC fracture is, I don’t have any idea what his injury is because the coaches/team hasn’t told us anything. Might be a lisfranc fracture/mid-foot sprain. Could be plantar fasciitis. Could be turf toe. Could be frostbite on his pinky toe. We literally have no idea.

You passing along speculation from one of the Bengals’ team of incompetent beat writers as fact helps nobody.

12695FF3-AAA5-4984-B475-64CA6AFB9AA7.jpeg

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, kencav said:

Actually.....I’m more fired up to have not taken Mixon as my 1st round selection.

Smeeze is “en fuego”!

Nah, u must haven’t seen his upcoming schedule, I suggest u take a look. After wk 10 Mixon has one of the easiest schedules ROS in the league. Wk 10 and wk 15 are the only tough matchups. Glad I drafted Mixon I also got Gio for insurance. Rest up Mix we gonna need u for the stretch.

• Thanks 1

@smeeze is right, while sources such as dr jesse morse and the athletic may have reported that they believe it to be a lisfranc or midfoot sprain;  it is purely speculation. speculating on an injury is one thing, but stating speculation as fact without concrete evidence is irresponsible. hopefully the team gives us some information over the bye week, but mixon avoiding an IR stint tells me that there's a it is a mild injury and he has a strong possibility that he plays after the bye. holding gio through week 9 is a good idea until we get more information. 

• Thanks 1

Even if Mixon is out a bit longer than expected, they play the Steelers and WFT coming out of the bye. I can't imagine Mixon missing more than that unless he's going to miss the rest of the season. This is realistically Gio's last hurrah.