NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giovani Bernard 2020 Outlook

14 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Nah, u must haven’t seen his upcoming schedule, I suggest u take a look. After wk 10 Mixon has one of the easiest schedules ROS in the league. Wk 10 and wk 15 are the only tough matchups. Glad I drafted Mixon I also got Gio for insurance. Rest up Mix we gonna need u for the stretch.

I am a Mixon owner and for someone to say they are glad they drafted Mixon(assuming you got him in the 1st or 2nd) is a case of an owner having blinders about their mistake.  Dude is averaging 3.6 YPC and 0.5 TDs in the games he's played on an offense that is clicking.  I'm not saying it's all his fault, the O-Line is terrible, I get it, but to say that you can be happy with having Mixon this year is hilarious...and again I own him too. 

Would love to see your draft results, I'm sure I can pick out at least 10 people that went after him that you would be happier with. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Cinci with four offensive lineman out today. Ugh.

Hoping wind isshes and OL issues = short dump offs.

this was the news I needed to go Bell over Gio today. Just feels like even with the dump offs he/they won’t be able to get much going and will be facing 25+ carries from Henry and a complete lack of time of possession. 

4 hours ago, rizon said:

this was the news I needed to go Bell over Gio today. Just feels like even with the dump offs he/they won’t be able to get much going and will be facing 25+ carries from Henry and a complete lack of time of possession. 

giphy.gif

Riding this "PPR flex" to 16 last week and 19 this week in standard. Gio is a fringe RB1 with Mixon out

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
30 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

giphy.gif

Riding this "PPR flex" to 16 last week and 19 this week in standard. Gio is a fringe RB1 with Mixon out

perfect reaction to my own stupidity. Thanks for the laugh. Was dead wrong on Bell who looked like a** and has completely deflated CEH

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, rizon said:

perfect reaction to my own stupidity. Thanks for the laugh. Was dead wrong on Bell who looked like a** and has completely deflated CEH

I started Bell too in one league, there was some hype on the revenge game.

6 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

Hol up.....he is only 28? Thought he was like 32

Like Randall Cobb being only 30... feels like they've been in the league since 2008

Edit: Apparently Jordan Howard is 25

Edited by ilikepieman
33 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

How long is Mixon out?

Speaking as someone who has them both in a league, hopefully until 2021.  The offense seems to hum better with Gio out there.  (This is said tongue-in-cheek... sort of.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Speaking as someone who has them both in a league, hopefully until 2021.  The offense seems to hum better with Gio out there.  (This is said tongue-in-cheek... sort of.)

I have both in my league but i beg to differ. If they gave the same type of plays to mixon. mixon would out produce him. It’s just the coaching staff loves Gio he’s been there longer. They genuinely love using him. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

I have both in my league but i beg to differ. If they gave the same type of plays to mixon. mixon would out produce him. It’s just the coaching staff loves Gio he’s been there longer. They genuinely love using him. 

It’s because he’s good.  Not that Mixon isn’t, but when you have two good backs, you want to use both.  

If Gio was hurt, Mixon would get this treatment.

• Like 1

Mixon is a much better real life RB but the ways Cinnci uses them when they are the starter Gio somehow ends up being the better fantasy play. I seem to have a share in one of these backs every year and every year I have Mixon I'm disappointed and every year I pick up Gio I'm happy with the couple of games he gives me. 

Edited by TuesdaymorningQB
  • Like 1

I'm glad Gio has come in and saved the day for us Mixon owners (or otherwise) but I mean... I still don't think Gio is that great of a RB. He's always been a good receiving back. Nobody was going to argue that. He's gotten into the endzone which has been more so the story and the reason for his fantasy success. Mixon is still night and day the better RB. 

12 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Drop or keep is a tough decision IMO.

Simply have to keep him imo. Even in a 10 teamer where I do not own Mixon and have incredible RB depth, I will not drop him.

Just too much uncertainty around the Mixon injury and how the staff will not disclose any sort of detail about it, or his timeline etc.

I came here for thoughts on this exact dilemma. At first I thought (as many of you too) he would be a fine couple week rental and an easy drop once the bye week hit if you didn't own Mixon. But we still have no idea on the severity of Mixon's foot injury. There's a good chance he's back next week, but I also don't want to be the idiot in my league who drops Gio only to find out Mixon is still out longer. I think unless you really have to make room, you find a way to hold him until we know for sure what's going on...I just wish they were being more transparent with this whole thing.