• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Do everything you can to hold him. There’s a good chance Mixon is eased back in if he’s active week 10.

Yeah but who will confidently start him if Mixon does indeed suit up. That's a dangerous game

Deep league/benches sure by all means, no harm in holding him through the bye.

Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.

Fairly confident that we see Joe in Week 10. But it's 2020 who knows really lol

Edited by RunCMC

Gio been way better than Mixon.  A lot of that is the byproduct of Burrow and the Bengals being better but as has been said ad nauseum in the Mixon thread, they use Gio in the manner which they should use Mixon.   Picking him up could be a league winner if Mixon's foot is worse than let on

As a Mixon/Gio owner, I have no interest in Mixon at 80%.  People want to hate on Gio but all he does is produce like an RB1 when he gets full-time snaps.  His game is very PPR friendly and he seems to have a nose for the endzone this year.

My most immediate concern is how the Bengals are playing coy with his foot injury and refusing to give additional details.  He is getting paid like a superstar yet they are keeping the details under wraps for no particular reason.  I mean, Calvin Ridley looked to have a very similar injury last Thursday and they knew the extent of his injury within 24 hours.

Easy hold until after their bye because literally no one knows how bad that foot is outside of the organization.

Edited by ludawg23

Curious what Gio owners (who don't own Mixon) are doing with him?

I've got a short bench so holding is tough through the bye and it seems like the odds Mixon come back next week are good.

Need a lousy kicker and Gio is a prime target to drop I'm afraid to say.

And of course, no news on Mixon at all.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

I've got a short bench so holding is tough through the bye and it seems like the odds Mixon come back next week are good.

I own Gio in a few leagues without Mixon, and in one league where I also own Mixon.

In the same situation as you - in the leagues where I need a DST/Kicker and don't own Mixon, Gio is my drop this week. Ended up dropping him in the league I do own Mixon, since someone dropped Bell.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

And of course, no news on Mixon 

Edited by Tomei7
8 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I own Gio in a few leagues without Mixon, and in one league where I also own Mixon.

In the same situation as you - in the leagues where I need a DST/Kicker and don't own Mixon, Gio is my drop this week. Ended up dropping him in the league I do own Mixon, since someone dropped Bell.

Yeah, think I'm heading that way.

Wish there was more info on Mixon.

I might hold onto him indefinitely as a Mixon owner. There are only so many backups/handcuffs out there that can instantly inserted into fantasy lineups and be at least a RB2. It will be nice to know you have this backfield locked down. 

• Like 2

I think if you own Mixon, you hold onto Gio no matter what. If you don't, then I would try to hold if possible to see what happens next week if you can make it one more week. If Mixon is good to go for week 10 then I'm dropping Gio. If you really need someone this week, I wouldn't see the problem dropping him because the odds are that Mixon will play next week so it's not worth risking your lineup this week to make that sacrifice.

6 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

6 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

I’m in the same boat. Currently I’m not playing a defense and am holding on to Gio. Some of my streaming defenses I’ve really busted on, so I’ve only gotten like 3 or 4 points from them anyway. Might decide to take a zero at defense, or at least wait until I see how the early games play out and then see who is available. I feel I’d more reliably get points from a kicker than a defense.

Given the bye, I’m not expecting to hear any news on Mixon’s status before Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Same boat. I dropped Goedert to get a kicker however. Cant let go of beautiful Gio after what he done last 2 weeks

This seems absolutely wild to me. Goedert has a very reasonable chance at being better than any TE outside the top tier. I'm pretty sure Gio has no value outside a handcuff after their bye this week. It's a bold, bold move.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

i'm going to have to drop due to bye weeks.  not a mixon owner, if they weren't playing the Steelers, then I would hold.  but even if i had to start Gio vs Pit, that matchup would scare me. 

That is exactly my logic as well. The PIT matchup is no good. I suppose Gio would be servicable, but you can probably find somebody else that would equal Gio's production.

Also, the week after @WASH D line isn't much better.

The only risk here: Mixon's injury is more severe and we're missing out on an RB2 the ROS. Seems unlikely considering Mixon was not put on IR. Z. Taylor would get an enormous amount of guff from the media if Mixon were suddenly IRd.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That is exactly my logic as well. The PIT matchup is no good. I suppose Gio would be servicable, but you can probably find somebody else that would equal Gio's production.

Also, the week after @WASH D line isn't much better.

The only risk here: Mixon's injury is more severe and we're missing out on an RB2 the ROS. Seems unlikely considering Mixon was not put on IR. Z. Taylor would get an enormous amount of guff from the media if Mixon were suddenly IRd.

exactly.   if Mixon were on IR, it would be a totally different story.  However, I look at the Michael Thomas situation.  They expected him back since week 5. It's what makes me so hesitant to drop him.  Plus if Mixon suffers a setback when he comes back, Gio's an instant RB2 ROS

1 minute ago, nk2333 said:

exactly.   if Mixon were on IR, it would be a totally different story.  However, I look at the Michael Thomas situation.  They expected him back since week 5. It's what makes me so hesitant to drop him.  Plus if Mixon suffers a setback when he comes back, Gio's an instant RB2 ROS

Actually dropping for J. Wilkins since there's a chance he passes Taylor on the depth chart.

Swap one sub potentially for another.

12 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

This seems absolutely wild to me. Goedert has a very reasonable chance at being better than any TE outside the top tier. I'm pretty sure Gio has no value outside a handcuff after their bye this week. It's a bold, bold move.

I have Fant too should have said. I'm doing what I can to hold Gio as I'm pressed at RB and am not convinced Mixon will come back anu time soon

On 11/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, kyoun1e said:

I'm trying to sell Gio by adding him to a multi player deal in my Keeper league. 

But if unsuccessful I'm holding through at least Mixons first game back because foot injuries can easily be re-aggravated.