NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Allen 2020 Outlook

In 2 QB leagues, you should consider rostering this guy. I did in my 2 QB league.

There's a good chance Kyle Allen is named the starting QB moving forward, starting next week. Actually a good chance he takes over mid-game today.

It'll be a miracle if Haskins survives this Ravens game.

Personally if you are trying to be proactive I think Smith is the guy. Allen isn't much of an improvement over Haskins. One poor half by Allen and he could easily be plugged in. 

With how bad the NFC East is they are still in the thick of a playoff race.

44 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

He was the QB for  14 games with the  Panthers last year. I think that should answer your question. 

Well, I don't think I watched a single snap of them last year. Hard to find data on who was targeted, but ESPN does have a spray chart of pass attempts, and it seems that Allen's passes came most frequently and most effectively around the LOS. If you're in a bind at RB this week in PPR, you might get something out of Washington RBs.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/kyle-allen/ALL543234/season

Edited by EaglesRocker97
12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, I don't think I watched a single snap of them last year. Hard to find data on who was targeted, but ESPN does have a spray chart of pass attempts, and it seems that Allen's passes came most frequently and most effectively around the LOS. If you're in a bind at RB this week in PPR, you might get something out of Washington RBs.

It’s hard to find data on who he targeted in his starts? Box scores?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He did so well for me last season in 2 QBs leagues. I’m glad he is getting another shot with Rivera. 

But expectations would and should be low here. I honestly think Alex Smith will be the QB to stash as Redskins keep hanging around in that lowly division where a 1-2-1 team is in the lead. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That would work, I just meant aggregate statistics on it. It'd take some time to comb through the box scores, but it'd probably be worthwhile.

I think the joke here that you might be missing is that he threw it to CMC 1-million times last year. So yes, yes he does target the RB.

• Thanks 3
4 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It’s not hard to find the data of who was targeted in each game. Google pro football reference.