NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyron Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never seen him play but someone in this thread said he’s Randy Moss so I’m starting him 

We are degenerate gamblers. The thrill of the chase is half the fun. Maybe more.

Seriously thinking about starting this cat in all 3 of my semifinals. This Raiders secondary is in shambles. I think Herbert will be slinging it all night long without any resistance. Please reserve m

I am considering him this week (yes, dire straights in my WR room)...just depends on BMW and Allen's availability.

Little background on this guy that I did not see in this thread:

Was a 5 recruit outta HS and #3 WR in 2015 class cycle that signed on with LSU and was rated #6 most impactful frosh in the nation, drawing many ODB comps...then transferred to Ok St. to be in a more uptempo offensive scheme. Piled up some really good numbers at Ok St, and declared early after his Junior season. Was snubbed from combine but put up solid pro day scores--including a 4.40 forty time where several scouts had him hand timed in the 4.3 range too. I think he just got lost in the shuffle with the overwhelmingly good WR class and went undrafted. He has worked his way up the ladder in LA and could be making himself a large part of the future there with Herbert. Great end of roster dynasty stash and possible solid contributor this week, again.

• Like 2

I’d like to see Allen or Williams out for me to start him, just like last week. He passes the eye test for sure, I just think it’s too risky in the final game to play him if Allen & Williams both suit up.

Edited by Breesus

If Keenan Allen sits, Tyron Johnson is worth playing.  I watched the last game (started Keenan Allen to my disappointment) and Johnson sure looked good.  Plus during camp, he was on the 2nd team with the other WR Guyton and so was the now starting QB Herbert.  He's got the chemistry part already with the QB.

"Los Angeles Chargers Tyron Johnson averaged 0.35 fantasy points per snap over the last eight weeks. He ranks fifth among wide receivers in that time." according to PFF. 

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, DConny1 said:

Any Chargers fans in here? Should we expect Johnson, Williams and Guyton to all see a lot of snaps? If Allen and Henry are out that means lots of 3 WR sets with those guys?

Can't say I'm  a chargers fan but latest reports now indicating Allen has shot to play..... hopefully we get more news before 1 PM