NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mixon for Metcalf/Jefferson PPR

10 team my team:

Qb: Mahomes, Newton

RB: Henry, Mixon, Robinson, Taylor, Johnson, Jackson

WR: Golladay, Aj Brown, D Johnson, Shanault

TE: Smith, Hurst, Hockenson

Player 2 has offered me my Mixon for Metcalf and either J Jefferson or Higgins. Do I take the deal? He also has Diggs

2 minutes ago, Dustin3434 said:

You’re getting the same value I feel dk-Golladay and Jefferson’s great but Mixon value is too strong you can get way better wrs for him maybe like cooper or another target hog for PPR

Thats why I was hoping onto Jefferson because I like the upside, the Cooper owner does not want to sell him. Any other guys I should target?

1 minute ago, Dustin3434 said:

Maybe like a Ridley since he had a “bad game” but he’s the guy in Atlanta ... maybe a Lockett too 

Lol I tried those moves actually this week and no one is willing to sell their top guys, the guy who has DK has Diggs, Metcalf, Robby anderson and godwin with no RBs. So i can ask for more from him

7 minutes ago, Texansfan said:

I’d do it.  Get a piece of Seattle passing game!  Sell Mixon high!  You have the RB depth.

But thats the problem, is this a sell high? Mixon could be a boom going forward but he has more risk to be a bust and I want to get the best return in case he does hold a top 7 RB value

Stand pat. I really like Metcalf but he’s going to be volatile since his output has been reliant on scoring every game and long plays. Doesn’t have great volume. D Johnson will outperform him on ppg output.

Also, it’s been an injury wasteland at RB. Don’t wanna be caught with pants down by trading depth 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Stand pat. I really like Metcalf but he’s going to be volatile since his output has been reliant on scoring every game and long plays. Doesn’t have great volume. D Johnson will outperform him on ppg output.

Also, it’s been an injury wasteland at RB. Don’t wanna be caught with pants down by trading depth 

Yeah I understand that but that solidifies my WR core and strengthens my team overall. Im having to sit one of Henry, Mixon, Robinson or Taylor every week. I like Aj Brown as a talent but not sure if he makes it back to what he was, and I know Metcalf is a primary deep target to the best deep thrower in football

I'd do it. Mixon is not going to have a 40 point game every week, you have good depth at RB, and Metcalf is probably a top 6-7 receiver this year with that Seattle offense. I don't think you lose much going from Mixon to Jrob or JT, but you gain much more plugging in DK to your depleted WR corps. Jefferson is also probably on pace for a really really good year. Two games of 100+ yards as a rookie and defenses still have to respect Thielen. 

For a low end RB1, you're getting a high end set and forget WR1 + a WR2 with some rest of season upside.

Edited by harck
  • Thanks 1

I have Metcalf, Jefferson, and Higgins in full PPR. They are beasts. As incredible as Seattle’s offense is, their defense is equally terrible- Metcalf has a great shot at maintaining his current output. Jefferson and Higgins seem like the type of guys that Help win the league in those last weeks. Mixon’s line is just not good enough to deliver top-5 RB, I think he’s going to wind up more in the 10-20 range with the occasional blowup game like he had last week  

I think it’s a good trade considering, but if you have any doubts, honestly, you could counter for all three in return, give yourself more trade pieces to work with at a later date.  Give him Shenault back if need be. 

Just now, SnapDamnDog said:

I have Metcalf, Jefferson, and Higgins in full PPR. They are beasts. As incredible as Seattle’s offense is, their defense is equally terrible- Metcalf has a great shot at maintaining his current output. Jefferson and Higgins seem like the type of guys that Help win the league in those last weeks. Mixon’s line is just not good enough to deliver top-5 RB, I think he’s going to wind up more in the 10-20 range with the occasional blowup game like he had last week  

I think it’s a good trade considering, but if you have any doubts, honestly, you could counter for all three in return, give yourself more trade pieces to work with at a later date.  Give him Shenault back if need be. 

Someone above suggested Diggs and Anderson, but I do like Metcalf going forward. What other counters would you suggest? He has Kittle at TE with Diggs, Anderson, Godwin, Woods as other WRs

2 minutes ago, acn1315 said:

With your depth at RB, I like this deal. I like Jefferson a bit more than Higgins as the second piece, but volatility is always an issue with Captain Kirk. But I really think Jefferson is filling the old Diggs role in Minny.

The first offer was Diggs and Higgins or Metcalf and Jefferson and that is the same thought process I had. I like Jefferson more than Higgins, thanks! 

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Someone above suggested Diggs and Anderson, but I do like Metcalf going forward. What other counters would you suggest? He has Kittle at TE with Diggs, Anderson, Godwin, Woods as other WRs

Hmmm, you could try Mixon/Smith/Shenault for Kittle/Metcalf/Anderson (or Jefferson or Higgins)... you’ll have to see if he’s even willing to bring Kittle into it though 

Just now, SnapDamnDog said:

Hmmm, you could try Mixon/Smith/Shenault for Kittle/Metcalf/Anderson (or Jefferson or Higgins)... you’ll have to see if he’s even willing to bring Kittle into it though 

That's a high asking price imo. Kittle Metcalf and Anderson are basically all WR1s

I like the trade. I love Mixon but tough schedule and poor line will limit him. Metcalf will come back to earth a little but hopefully volume goes up. Rus is basically the most efficient QB ever so number might hold.

take Jefferson and hope he keeps turning in big games. I think Golladay is a WR1 moving forward and AJ brown is your wildcard.

thanks for mine!

• Like 1

I like this trade for you, to a degree.  You have the RB depth to do this and DK is a solid WR2 with WR1 upside.  I don't like Jackson so I would counter offer for a more secure RB if possible along with DK.  BUT if he refuses I think I would still do this.  

39 minutes ago, croikee said:

I like this trade for you, to a degree.  You have the RB depth to do this and DK is a solid WR2 with WR1 upside.  I don't like Jackson so I would counter offer for a more secure RB if possible along with DK.  BUT if he refuses I think I would still do this.  

Jackson?