NBC Sports Edge Forums

Randy Arozarena 2021 Outlook

On 12/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, Hellgrammite said:

I think Grisham would be the guy to draft above him, just because of an elite offensive team and he is pretty much the only CF they have on their roster. Otherwise from a fantasy perspective their profiles are very similar, with both likely 20/20 type of players with a mediocre average (Grisham slightly lower BA in exchange for more walks.)

One thing I do like about Randy is the more he seemed to play, the better he got at adjusting to see the ball.  Regular season he would smash fastballs only, but during the post-season, he started mashing everything and could spot offspeed and breaking balls much better.

His hands are lightening quick which also help make up for being fooled on both the fastball and off speed. In 2022 Randy will be drafted as a top 10 outfielder. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BET YOU WONT SEE LIBERATORE OUTRACING HORSES, WILL YOU CARDINALS

Fantrax is projecting him for .303/33/82/86/20.  That just seems absurd to me. 

HOPE LIBERATORE IS WORTH IT CARDINALS

On 12/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, Hellgrammite said:

I think Grisham would be the guy to draft above him, just because of an elite offensive team and he is pretty much the only CF they have on their roster. Otherwise from a fantasy perspective their profiles are very similar, with both likely 20/20 type of players with a mediocre average (Grisham slightly lower BA in exchange for more walks.)

I disagree. I'll take Arozarena. I like his minor league and MLB numbers much better. I think Arozarena has a much higher upside. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm not going to draft Grisham in any league. Too many other players I like better.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, street sharks said:

Is this forum dead now? I was expecting to see a lot more discussion on arozarena lol

Sure seems that way. There's just as much discussion on the football forum as the baseball...in March. First time I've ever seen it this dead in here. 

As for Arozarena, I personally believe he's being overvalued and overdrafted. I like him and own him in a keeper league, but in a redraft or a start-up, I think he's going too high. The fact is no one has a good idea about what his production is going to look like. He could be a .280-25-20 guy, or he could end up not reaching 20 HR or SB with a .260 BA. 

• Like 2

In re: this forum being dead, yeah, I've noticed it, too.

Could be a general lack of interest in fantasy baseball given the problems in the world, could be economic hard times are (rightfully) distracting people.

Edited by Overlord

I honestly don't know what to make of him, we got a smallest of sample sizes in an already small sample year. The only thing that makes me think he might be for real it's how insanely productive he was in the minors in 2019 as well. He very well could have "figured it out".

I play auction, so it is really difficult to value him. You are not going to grab him unless you pay $20+, that's a step gamble, but the ceiling is sky high. I'm really struggling with valuing him. I think he'll end up going for $25-$30 when it is all said and done, you only need 2 owners that really want him to push the price.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, damana said:

Fantrax is projecting him for .303/33/82/86/20.  That just seems absurd to me. 

It is absurd. Every other outlet/platform is far more skeptical and expect a ~.265 avg 25/20

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It is absurd. Every other outlet/platform is far more skeptical and expect a ~.265 avg 25/20

CBS is pretty absurd, too...270-102-33-86-12.

• Like 1

His hit tool is very good, and he demonstrated both a fast swing and good pitch recognition last year, particularly in the playoffs.  His speed is also pretty solid.

.300 AVG seems unlikely, but .270 I can see with his makeup.

7 minutes ago, Hellgrammite said:

His hit tool is very good, and he demonstrated both a fast swing and good pitch recognition last year, particularly in the playoffs.  His speed is also pretty solid.

.300 AVG seems unlikely, but .270 I can see with his makeup.

He outran a horse. Solid Shmolid. I kid I kid. But seriously, for those who never saw it:

On 3/17/2021 at 3:43 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

Reminds me of Aquino, but also of Story.   

Or even Tatis after his 2019 season? Similar skills and high K rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why he was faded so hard.

In all of my leagues, he was cheap.  Went for around 15-17 in auction, well below his avg draft price.  Went late at drafts.

Is this the foolishness of the majority or is this guy just too overrated due to playoffs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Don't know why he was faded so hard.

In all of my leagues, he was cheap.  Went for around 15-17 in auction, well below his avg draft price.  Went late at drafts.

Is this the foolishness of the majority or is this guy just too overrated due to playoffs.

People are so caught up on his playoff performance being a fluke, that they completely ignored everything else he's done up until then. Good thing for those who really wanted him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jspeco9 said:

People are so caught up on his playoff performance being a fluke, that they completely ignored everything else he's done up until then. Good thing for those who really wanted him. 

I kinda thought it might be somewhat of a fluke until I went back and watched the playoff highlights. The video is 5 fuggin minutes long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, jspeco9 said:

Or maybe people know that his playoff performance could be just fluke.
Great example is Desmond Jennings. After his call up he looked like a surefire first round pick for ages. And his Minors stats backed it up. Look what happened. This is Arozarena's floor.
People spend their money on safer picks for that price. He was ranked 51 on Yahoo, now is 40. Too high for that much uncertainty.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot believe Kevin Cash actually took out A-Roz for Margot at the end of that Yanks game. Had a 1 run lead and he takes out their best hitter for a defensive replacement, which is unnecessary because he’s actually damn good out there.  TB could have really used his bat in those extra innings. 

53 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

Cannot believe Kevin Cash actually took out A-Roz for Margot at the end of that Yanks game. Had a 1 run lead and he takes out their best hitter for a defensive replacement, which is unnecessary because he’s actually damn good out there.  TB could have really used his bat in those extra innings. 

He started his studs.