NBC Sports Edge Forums

Randy Arozarena 2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, StartYourStuds said:

Cannot believe Kevin Cash actually took out A-Roz for Margot at the end of that Yanks game. Had a 1 run lead and he takes out their best hitter for a defensive replacement, which is unnecessary because he’s actually damn good out there.  TB could have really used his bat in those extra innings. 

And maybe Arozarena wouldn’t have horribly misplayed that ball like Margot did. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BET YOU WONT SEE LIBERATORE OUTRACING HORSES, WILL YOU CARDINALS

Fantrax is projecting him for .303/33/82/86/20.  That just seems absurd to me. 

He only wasn't a superstar because steals are disproportionately valued in standard fantasy.  After that crazy postseason, he was still an afterthought in fantasy drafts the following year.  What did

• 2 weeks later...

Not hitting the ball in the air much so far and striking out way too much. Obviously very early but slightly concerned for those reasons and he doesn't have a long track record of quality production.

I like him but think there's a chance he's more of a no4 OF in fantasy. I imagine teams clearly are pitching him differently this year so he needs to find a way to elevate again and stop hitting grounders and stop chasing. Anyone worried?

43 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Not hitting the ball in the air much so far and striking out way too much. Obviously very early but slightly concerned for those reasons and he doesn't have a long track record of quality production.

I like him but think there's a chance he's more of a no4 OF in fantasy. I imagine teams clearly are pitching him differently this year so he needs to find a way to elevate again and stop hitting grounders and stop chasing. Anyone worried?

I’m not really that worried. I’ve watched a ton of his at bats this year and he doesn’t look lost at the plate and not swinging at bad pitches or anything, he is simply just missing the ball. He’s getting beat with velocity and pitches up in the zone for the most part and you can see the frustration in his face after he swings right through a high fastball.  He takes hellacious hacks so maybe he needs to tone those down a little bit to get to the ball a little quicker. Whatever the case, I think he will make the necessary adjustments and will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, StartYourStuds said:

I’m not really that worried. I’ve watched a ton of his at bats this year and he doesn’t look lost at the plate and not swinging at bad pitches or anything, he is simply just missing the ball. He’s getting beat with velocity and pitches up in the zone for the most part and you can see the frustration in his face after he swings right through a high fastball.  He takes hellacious hacks so maybe he needs to tone those down a little bit to get to the ball a little quicker. Whatever the case, I think he will make the necessary adjustments and will be fine. 

I don't know how you know he will make the adjustments needed, this year at least. He's swinging through so many pitches and has never been disciplined so this might be just who he is. It shows the risk of drafting someone based on one massive hot stretch during the playoffs- he's never shown a glimpse of that kind of power before. I think he'll still be decent but put up more like top 150 player value than the top 75 he was drafted as. Lets wait and see, plus the Rays jerking guys in and out of the lineup never helps, I can see him having more days off soon if he doesn't find his stroke.

4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

I don't know how you know he will make the adjustments needed, this year at least. He's swinging through so many pitches and has never been disciplined so this might be just who he is. It shows the risk of drafting someone based on one massive hot stretch during the playoffs- he's never shown a glimpse of that kind of power before. I think he'll still be decent but put up more like top 150 player value than the top 75 he was drafted as. Lets wait and see, plus the Rays jerking guys in and out of the lineup never helps, I can see him having more days off soon if he doesn't find his stroke.

Never said “i know” he will make the adjustments, but I do “think” he will judging by a number of factors, mainly his competitiveness. He plays hard, works hard, is passionate, and extremely athletic - I think the odds are in his favor to figure it out. It’s still so extremely early in the season and there are too many top players to count that are struggling that typically are knocking the cover off the ball. I still believe once he gets hot he’s going to take off and not look back. I’d be trying to buy low if I already didn’t own him on almost all my teams.

He's a hitting a ton of hard hit grounders like the Marlins versions of Yelich used to do. Unlike Yelich, he seems to have a real big problem with elevated fastballs.

His whiff rate on fastballs last year was also high. The only difference between this and last year is launch angle. A worm killing randy is going to struggle to reach 20 HRs no matter how exit velo looks. Especially with this new ball.

Marlins Yelich with about 30 points lower BA is what he's looking like without a major adjustment. Of course that also means he has Brewers Yelich upside with 20-30 points lower BA if he does make said adjustment.

11 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Ugh..what do you guys think about his ROS projections.  Nice start to the season but hasn't been anything to write home about the past few weeks.

The forecast is fail…epic fail

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Ugh..what do you guys think about his ROS projections.  Nice start to the season but hasn't been anything to write home about the past few weeks.

I think we're seeing his floor. We know what his ceiling looks like. Its only been 5 weeks and he's not the only one struggling on the Rays. Hoping he figures it out soon.

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Glad I traded him away, no more drama for me. I was tired of watching him flailing at FBs in the zone

It’s only been 5 weeks Dude