NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Randy Arozarena 2021 Outlook

B&F

Still on pace for a 20-20 season with 100 runs and 80 RBI and is hitting .251 so far. Definitely not worth the draft price but certainly not a total bust either. He’s been getting moved around in the order a lot lately (he’s batted 5th, 4th, 2nd and 1st in his last 4 starts) and I see that continuing with both Franco and Brujan up now. I actually prefer him in the 2 spot (with Wander batting 3rd) but he should drive in more runs if he’s down in the 4 or 5 spot. Should be interesting to see what he does in the second half.

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hes another Justin Upton

Streaky, lots of K's, but will always tease that 25-25 upside might hit it one year but usually disappoints if we all remember what owning Jup was like lol

Young Justin Upton (Arizona days) is actually a pretty good comp for current Arozarena.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Still on pace for a 20-20 season with 100 runs and 80 RBI and is hitting .251 so far. Definitely not worth the draft price but certainly not a total bust either. He’s been getting moved around in the order a lot lately (he’s batted 5th, 4th, 2nd and 1st in his last 4 starts) and I see that continuing with both Franco and Brujan up now. I actually prefer him in the 2 spot (with Wander batting 3rd) but he should drive in more runs if he’s down in the 4 or 5 spot. Should be interesting to see what he does in the second half.

Well, on pace for .251-94-18-74-20, but a hot streak out of the break could put him on a pace for 105-25-90-25 quickly. I don’t see it happening, but it could. 

1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

this dude is pure garbage.  He needs to see a sports psychologist and get this head in order, mentally.

Your take is what's pure garbage. What exactly do you know about his mental state? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

Your take is what's pure garbage. What exactly do you know about his mental state? 

stay triggered.  He's trash and you know it.  His mental approach at the plate is damaged.  He needs a sports psychologist.

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

stay triggered.  He's trash and you know it.  His mental approach at the plate is damaged.  He needs a sports psychologist.

You just used "triggered" on a fantasy baseball forum. Whats next, you going to call someone a snowflake?

And as expected, you couldn't even come up with one single shred of evidence supporting your ridiculous claim about Arozarena needing a sports psychologist. The fact is, you know absolutely nothing about him personally and certainly nothing about his mental state

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cs3 said:

You just used "triggered" on a fantasy baseball forum. Whats next, you going to call someone a snowflake?

And as expected, you couldn't even come up with one single shred of evidence supporting your ridiculous claim about Arozarena needing a sports psychologist. The fact is, you know absolutely nothing about him personally and certainly nothing about his mental state

Being overly triggered is also a state of needing psychiatric help.

24 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Heating up… 🔥🔥🔥

If you review the timestamps of me posting that he is heating up you will see that they all coincide with RANDY facing the Orioles. Its a shame he can't face them every day. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, summersoff7 said:

Thanks for the reverse jinx assistance ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, collucho said:

If you review the timestamps of me posting that he is heating up you will see that they all coincide with RANDY facing the Orioles. Its a shame he can't face them every day. 

with 0 games against the Orioles it equates to 299 AB's

43 Runs 6 HR 29 RBI 11 SB with a 230 BA

Def getting helped by facing BALT, having 7(!!) CS this season sucks too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

with 0 games against the Orioles it equates to 299 AB's

43 Runs 6 HR 29 RBI 11 SB with a 230 BA

Def getting helped by facing BALT, having 7(!!) CS this season sucks too

Don’t most players get helped by facing the Orioles?

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, collucho said:

My guy was about to hit 5 homeruns this series against the Orioles and now he's out for at least 7 days because some other clown got Covid. 😡

Hopefully he's back in a day or 2 just like Jazz earlier this week

• 1 month later...