NBC Sports Edge Forums

Feeling Kaepernicked!! Collusion??? WHIR

I accepted a trade Wednesday to Get: David Montgomery and Give: Joshua Kelley. Good, bad, neutral..time will tell...I am not upset about the trade just the timing of its approval. 

So trade rules in my league are for a 2 day "review period" unless a player plays in a game which moves the trade to the following Tuesday. Standard, right?

So my trade partner benched Monty yesterday. Leaving him starting Duke Johnson over Monty?? The trade was processed by the commissioner after the game @11:45PM instead of it processing next Tuesday. This allows my trade partner to use Kelley (now in his starting lineup), but I am unable to use Monty since he is locked after playing TNF.

Thoughts? This seem shady to anyone else??  Both parties had to be involved for this to happen right because if my trade partner had Monty in his starting lineup Monty would have been locked until Tuesday. Who do I talk to about this? Normally I would reach out to the commish, but I feel he had a hand in getting this done. Thanks.

I doubt it's collusion but that commish has no idea what he's doing. You have to uphold the trade before ALL of the week 5 games are played or after ALL are played. I'd follow up with this and demand that you get Kelley back for this week and the trade gets upheld after the week 5 games, since the week has already begun. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

I doubt it's collusion but that commish has no idea what he's doing. You have to uphold the trade before ALL of the week 5 games are played or after ALL are played. I'd follow up with this and demand that you get Kelley back for this week and the trade gets upheld after the week 5 games, since the week has already begun. 

@afl5013 Chat with commissioner privately or have a discussion in the league chat room?

23 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Fair deal for both sides 

Not questioning the deal (Kelley for Monty) just the fact the the commish pushed the trade through after Monty played last night, making him unplayable in fantasy for me this week, but since Kelley hasn't played, he is available to be used in fantasy this week. Seems a bit unfair that my trade partner gets to use the player I traded him this week,  whereas I do not get to use the player I received. Simply put I have been denied 1 game of eligibility in this transaction. 

Nearly had a similar issue in one of my leagues - waivers were supposed to be 48hrs so we concluded a trade Tuesday morning, then it said it would only update on the Friday morning when waivers cleared. In that case the commish(es) put it through because they'd told us all it was 48hrs and not "the next waiver after 48hrs".

Which is the salient point - if that's the rules in your league then they should have stuck to it. You only change the rules if every manager agrees (and it makes sense). It's pretty simple and I would definitely speak to the commish - you can't just change the rules to screw over one team...which sounds like the case here.

Help with mine?

Edited by leffe186
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

What website is this? Yahoo wont let this trade go thru if one team player is played. 

I have the same question. The default trade approval setting should be this. 

3 hours ago, DeadlyKickers said:

@afl5013 Chat with commissioner privately or have a discussion in the league chat room?

I would honestly do it in the chat room so all of the owners are aware. I feel like ones not involved will certainly agree with your side. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I have the same question. The default trade approval setting should be this. 

1 hour ago, Jay85 said:

What website is this? Yahoo wont let this trade go thru if one team player is played. 

Apparently only applied to public leagues, not private leagues.

14 minutes ago, DeadlyKickers said:

It looks like the commissioner had to override the default setting to push this through.

Then it needs to be reversed. You can randomly pick and choose when / if you want to pick a trade through faster. The review / processing period should be the same for every trade. 

24 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Then it needs to be reversed. You can randomly pick and choose when / if you want to pick a trade through faster. The review / processing period should be the same for every trade. 

Absolutely. I mean, there could be an argument for it if you both agreed to the trade being pushed through, but even then other owners might have good reason to object.

1. It's against current rules.

2. It screws over one player to the benefit of the other.

3. You didn't agree to it beforehand.

4. The entire league didn't agree to it beforehand.

The more you dig into it the more it stinks.