NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Keeper/Dynasty Targets

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He has 9 targets in 31 career games. Even if you think he's really good, then you think he's a really good thumper.  

Correct.  He doesn't catch a lot of passes, but has averaged 5.4 yds per carry in his short career.  Then again, we don't really know what kind of pass catcher he could be.  He's only had 9 catches on 9 targets.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson easy 

Most of the examples, in this thread, should already be on Dynasty teams unless you have very small benches. 

Darnell Mooney  Anthony McFarland  Gabriel Davis  Andy Isabella  DeeJay Dallas

31 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

You might be the right, but if you are playing for 2021 do we really care? If he blows up at all say see you later.

well, no matter for what i play i want to pay the cheapest price, right :)

it’s a gamble of corse and if i lose, all praise to you who bough early.

3 hours ago, Phatpanda said:

The guys I am trying to target in my keepers leagues are, in no particular order

-Jefferson (his stock is high now, but I picked him up off waivers before he went off)

- Jeudy (might be on waivers, he will be better when Lock gets back)

- Reager

- Hardman

- Pittman

- Chase Edmonds

- JK Dobbins
- Swift

- McFarland 

The title of this thread is Dynasty targets, but I guess Dynasty/Keeper could overlap.  I like this list in keeper leagues.  In dynasty, I don't think there's any way you could pry Jefferson or Jeudy from their owner right now.  But in a keeper league, a 4-0 team might have Jefferson on his bench and is looking for a WR stud to win now.  I play in one league where we can only hold a player for two years.  Teams that are 0-4 and looking already towards next year may be willing to move non-keeper eligible studs like Mahomes or Kamara to acquire young talent.  Is it a little too early at week 5 to be packing it in?  I guess only you know your league and can assess what the rosters look like.

I'll add:

Tee Higgins.  He will most certainly be the #2 next year.  Burrow has said that he has the most chemistry with Tee.  And the 9 to 85 connection has always been special.

Parris Campbell.  I haven't given up.  He's probably free right now on waivers.

Laviska Shenault.  I think this is just the beginning for him.  Big.  Strong.  Fast.  A better Cordarelle Patterson.

These are all marginal players that likely aren't winning teams championships this year as their roles still need to grow.  But 2021 could be looking up for them.  

• Like 1

I’m struggling with figuring out how much to offer for Chase Edmonds in my leagues. On one hand there’s a scenario where he’s the lead back on the Cards next year... another situation is that they sign/draft one of the many FA or RBs in the upcoming draft leaving Edmonds as second fiddle or in a RBBC. Drake is almost 100% gone next year and I want whichever RB is in this O. I just don’t know if they see Edmonds as a horse. I know the coaches talk him up as starter capable and he’s stepped up when asked to but I’m doubting his long term appeal 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
12 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I’m struggling with figuring out how much to offer for Chase Edmonds in my leagues. On one hand there’s a scenario where he’s the lead back on the Cards next year... another situation is that they sign/draft one of the many FA or RBs in the upcoming draft leaving Edmonds as second fiddle or in a RBBC. Drake is almost 100% gone next year and I want whichever RB is in this O. I just don’t know if they see Edmonds as a horse. I know the coaches talk him up as starter capable and he’s stepped up when asked to but I’m doubting his long term appeal 

As someone who owns Edmonds in my dynasty, I don't see any way that they don't bring someone else in next year.  Doesn't mean that Chase won't have the 1A role, but I don't see him being "The Guy."  

I've held onto him to see how it shakes out and because I haven't got any offers that I like yet, but if the right one came long I would probably move him myself.  If Drake gets hurt or Chase takes the lead role then I will probably shop him aggressively. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CooL said:

.Laviska Shenault.  I think this is just the beginning for him.  Big.  Strong.  Fast.  A better Cordarelle Patterson.

Yes this!  I said this to my buddies about 4 times watching The Bears game. Of course they all were dogging me cause I dropped Edmonds for Laviska last week but I have mad depth at RB and need WR help.

• 1 month later...

As we're heading towards the end of the season, a lot of us play in keeper leagues so I wanted to take a little peak towards next season.  Most leagues have rosters lock at certain points, so if you want a chance to add some potential lottery type keepers to your bench, you might have to do it in the next few weeks.

Most names are probably owned in dynasty, but for keeper type leagues, here's a few names I'll be looking to add to my bench before end of season that might be on your waiver wire:

AJ Dillon, RB, GB - Jones and Williams set to be FAs this off-season.  Dillon could be lead RB next season.

Cam Akers, RB, LA Rams - Henderson still under contact through 2023, but Brown is an FA this year.  We saw Henderson take a year to get meaningful time for McVay, maybe the same for Akers?

Laviska Shenault, WR, JAX - Flashed this year - Conley, Cole and Westbrook all FAs this off-season.

Bryan Edwards, WR, LV - injuries held him back this year but a high upside prospect.

Henry Ruggs, WR, LV - High upside here as well - 1st round pick - will be given every chance to be the guy.

Please feel free to add names that didn't do much this year, but things could break their way in 2021.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheBridge2011 said:

He’s probably owned in most leagues, but curious if people are targeting Edmonds. With Drake in a 1-year contract and likely drafting him late, could he be a good keeper for next year? Or unlikely he’s a starter next year?

I think they bring in another RB but you never know. 

I thought there was already a thread for this? Not that there's anything wrong with another! A few names:

-Josh Reynolds UFA next year and could move onto a better situation with more targets

-Gerald Everett also UFA next year and could be among the best options on the market, Rams can't afford either guy imo

-Jonnu Smith, UFA but might get tagged?

-Blake Jarwin, easy to forget but signed an extension and Dak was making a lesser talent like Schultz a top 10 play and sounds like Dak will be back.

9 hours ago, TheBridge2011 said:

He’s probably owned in most leagues, but curious if people are targeting Edmonds. With Drake in a 1-year contract and likely drafting him late, could he be a good keeper for next year? Or unlikely he’s a starter next year?

Not owning a Cards RB because Kyler takes all the rushing TDs. No thanks. 

Probably all owned, but Higgins, Reagor, and Pittman will all be the #1 on their teams. Pittman might be the easiest to obtain. 

AB. The price is right for next year. Although it would probably take a lot to acquire him.

I like AJ Dillon but I don’t see a scenario where they let both Jones and Williams walk. 

9 hours ago, 33legend said:

If the Packers don't re-sign Williams, is he a possible workhorse in a new location?

Don't know about "workhorse", but he could certainly be a starter somewhere. The problem is there are a lot of good FA RBs this year. 

Aaron Jones

Jamaal Williams

Kenyan Drake

James Conner

Todd Gurley

Chris Carson

Phillip Lindsay

Gus Edwards

Malcolm Brown

Leo Fournette

Lev Bell

Marlon Mack