NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Keeper/Dynasty Targets

15 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Hmm, that's a good name to discuss.  Rivers is a FA after the year, who knows if retires.  Colts shouldn't be in a position to draft one of the top guys this year you wouldn't think.  There is definitely some potential that he could be the guy next year.  Pittman Jr is there, not sure what Campbell's contract status is after the year. 

I'm going to have to do some more research on him, anyone know anything about his prospects? 

Big time arm strength and pretty good accuracy too... his knock is he’s a statue in the pocket 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson easy 

Most of the examples, in this thread, should already be on Dynasty teams unless you have very small benches. 

Darnell Mooney  Anthony McFarland  Gabriel Davis  Andy Isabella  DeeJay Dallas

55 minutes ago, 33legend said:

I know he is a huge asset, but where would you rank Justin Jefferson in Dynasty WR? Top 10, Top 5?  Thinking about offering multiple pieces to get him.

Gonna take an arm and a leg just based on ros... let alone the next 10

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

I know he is a huge asset, but where would you rank Justin Jefferson in Dynasty WR? Top 10, Top 5?  Thinking about offering multiple pieces to get him.

I think there are 10+ WR I would like to have over Jefferson. DK, AJ Brown, Hill, Thomas, Adams, Allen, Hopkins, Godwin, Lamb, Ridley, Moore, McLaurin.
Then he's in that Kenny G, Robinson and Diggs range, I think.

Let's say he is a top 15 dynasty WR. You pay extra for

- the hype

It's probably easier to get AJ Brown or McLaurin instead of JJ, just because of the hype.+

Edit: Claypool belongs right after JJ...so does Higgins.

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 2
On 11/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, Mr Rourke said:

I just mortgaged the farm for Jacobs in advance of the deadline at midnight tonight. 

10 team, full ppr dynasty, qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1flex, 1TE, 1DT. 

Received: Jacobs, Beasley

Sent: Evans, Conner 2020 rookie(7-10) and 2020 3rd. 

In a weird spot where I went from rebuild to likely getting the playoff bye, stacked at WR (Evans, diggs, Terry, lockett, claypool and some flyers) but only Conner and Robinson serviceable at RB with some flyers stashed (perine, gaskin, mattison, bell, penny, etc).

I've been historically above average at drafting/acquiring WRs but can not seem to hit on RBs. I've now got two bellcow RBs at 22 years of age and those remaining WRs to build upon and can still compete this year. 

Consensus FF wisdom is this is robbery, but I know my leaguemates well and young, stud RBs are untouchable without over-paying. 

I went out and got "my guy".  Now, we let the chips fall. 

Good luck, fellas. 

I actually like this a lot and don't feel you gave too much.  You got a stud RB and gave up 1) Evans -- who is great in his own right, but so many mouths to feed in TB, 2) Connor -- who has good games here and there, but tends to be injured quite a bit and has an unknown future in Pitt, 3) 2020 late rookie pick -- which is really a crapshoot.  Jacobs is a proven commodity and you got something for those guys before the bottom dropped out.  The others you will always be somewhat second guessing when setting your lineup, not so with Jacobs.

I did something similar with a big trade right before we began our draft this season.  I gave up Julio, Connor, and Sutton for the 1st overall, which I used on CEH.  Some thought I overpaid.  But I got the guy I wanted who is in a good situation (I have Mahomes and Tyreek as well).  My feeling was that this would be my best chance to get good value for those guys.  So far, I think it has worked out.  To top it off, I still had my 1st rounder and picked up Jeudy to replace Sutton.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2020 at 8:48 AM, Spyplane said:

Most of the recommendations in this thread would be more realistic in a  Keeper league, not a Dynasty. A lot of these guys have been long gone in dynasties.

Here are some realistic names still out there in Dynasty:

WR

Van Jefferson Jr. (1%) - Talented, in a good spot but needs some work to breakthrough.

RB

AJ Dillon (4%) - May be starting for Packers as soon as week one next year.

Rashad Penny (4%) - You could add him straight to IR so he's not eating a roster spot. Talented but infuriating like Run DMC when it comes to health.

Anthony McFarland Jr. (1%) - May be starting for Steelers as soon as week one next year.

RB/WR

Lynn Bowden Jr. (0%) - Immensely talented but troubled. If he gets his head right, look out. His dual eligibility makes him extra interesting.

TE

Harrison Bryant (1%) - Talented and perhaps the Browns make a move at QB to make their air game more reliable.

DB

Kamren Curl - Might be gone now. He flashed the last two weeks.

DL/LB

Terrell Lewis - His dual eligibility makes him extra interesting.

And this is why I love these threads.  First time I've seen these names pop up.  Thanks Spyplane, I'll have to do some research on these two.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, Spyplane said:

DB

That's a big one. Did not have him on the radar. He is currently taking advantage of the absence of Collins. How do you see the chances he is still relevant next year?

6 hours ago, thebadferret said:

That's a big one. Did not have him on the radar. He is currently taking advantage of the absence of Collins. How do you see the chances he is still relevant next year?

Well, Collins was a disappointment this year, then he tore his Achilles and you know what the NFL does with high priced, injured underachievers...

As per Sportstrac: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/landon-collins-16757/, he likely survives next season but a torn Achilles to me means possibly starting the season on IR and then not being the same player upon return.

I think its Kurl's spot now.

• Thanks 1

I'll toss in the name Bryce Love as well. Not sure he sticks in the league but the talent is real. Injuries derailed him. Best case WTF release him, he gets healthy and he lands in a situation where he can get some snaps.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I'll toss in the name Bryce Love as well. Not sure he sticks in the league but the talent is real. Injuries derailed him. Best case WTF release him, he gets healthy and he lands in a situation where he can get some snaps.

Not a bad call here.  The challenge for him though will be that the FA class is real deep. Even teams that will have openings have cracks at a lot of players to fill those holes.  I can't see any team giving Bryce Love a shot over pretty much any of the guys on the FA market. 

On 11/22/2020 at 8:48 AM, Spyplane said:

Most of the recommendations in this thread would be more realistic in a  Keeper league, not a Dynasty. A lot of these guys have been long gone in dynasties.

Here are some realistic names still out there in Dynasty:

WR

Van Jefferson Jr. (1%) - Talented, in a good spot but needs some work to breakthrough.

RB

AJ Dillon (4%) - May be starting for Packers as soon as week one next year.

Rashad Penny (4%) - You could add him straight to IR so he's not eating a roster spot. Talented but infuriating like Run DMC when it comes to health.

Anthony McFarland Jr. (1%) - May be starting for Steelers as soon as week one next year.

RB/WR

Lynn Bowden Jr. (0%) - Immensely talented but troubled. If he gets his head right, look out. His dual eligibility makes him extra interesting.

TE

Harrison Bryant (1%) - Talented and perhaps the Browns make a move at QB to make their air game more reliable.

DB

DL/LB

Terrell Lewis - His dual eligibility makes him extra interesting.

Just picked up Lynn Bowden Jr. off of this post.  Highly doubt I end up keeping him but I didn't drop anything significant for him.  This is the type of people I love in threads like this, I never would have heard of him before and in the odd odd chance that he does become something I got him for free.  If he doesn't then it didn't cost me anything. 

29 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Dynasty players: anyone thinking boyd is a candidate to trade for 2021 picks? regression next year with emergence of higgins, etc? 

Owning both Boyd and Higgins, I will be trying to move boyd this offseason. Unfortunetly with the injury to burrow his "shine" falls a little bit. Still will end as an top 15 WR in PPR.

My goal is to go out of next years trade with Lawrence, Pitts and whatever the 5th overall pick can give me. So I need another first rounder, probably mid. Hopefully i can use Boyd to make something happen.

To be honest I don't think his production will go down. Higgins will get what Green got and that leaves enoug for Boyd to feast over the middle of the field with the Bengals/Burrow being that pass happy.

What do you think is the value of Boyd in dynasty?

On 11/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Dynasty players: anyone thinking boyd is a candidate to trade for 2021 picks? regression next year with emergence of higgins, etc? 

He's worth shopping almost regardless of how the rest of your roster looks. He's a good player and still relatively young (26) so he can be useful to a competitor or a rebuilder. He's not an otherworldly talent or fantasy producer tho, so absolutely see if you can get anything worthwhile for him if it would help your build.

19 hours ago, JJRules said:

He's worth shopping almost regardless of how the rest of your roster looks. He's a good player and still relatively young (26) so he can be useful to a competitor or a rebuilder. He's not an otherworldly talent or fantasy producer tho, so absolutely see if you can get anything worthwhile for him if it would help your build.

Do you think a 1st round 2021 is worth it? I'm in a lottery so it would be at ceiling 6th pick and best 1st

52 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Do you think a 1st round 2021 is worth it? I'm in a lottery so it would be at ceiling 6th pick and best 1st

the issue with boyd is the severity of the burrow injury...if burrow misses all of next year, boyd maybe extremely limited. i'd actually wait to make a move in the offseason to understand the situation before getting him. if burrow is out and the bengals get a competent back, boyd maybe a decent wr2 as a flex...there's just a ton of variables and something i wouldn't risk trading a top pick for yet. 

11 hours ago, TroutFister said:

the issue with boyd is the severity of the burrow injury...if burrow misses all of next year, boyd maybe extremely limited. i'd actually wait to make a move in the offseason to understand the situation before getting him. if burrow is out and the bengals get a competent back, boyd maybe a decent wr2 as a flex...there's just a ton of variables and something i wouldn't risk trading a top pick for yet. 

Competent back??? Joe Mixon? Interesting you don't view him as competent back...I wouldn't give up a top 6 pick for Boyd but if someone offered one for him??? You jump all over it...

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Competent back??? Joe Mixon? Interesting you don't view him as competent back...I wouldn't give up a top 6 pick for Boyd but if someone offered one for him??? You jump all over it...

i meant competent quarterBACK. lol

Edited by TroutFister
  • tonycpsu changed the title to 2021 Keeper/Dynasty Targets