NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Keeper/Dynasty Targets

47 minutes ago, BrooklynGarbageMen said:

14 Months older ūüėú predraft they would make this a huge deal if they were the same class, which is laughable. Like handsize when they already show what them hands do LOL

He definitely has one of the highest floors, as well as one of the highest ceilings...I just expect him to much more often be nearer to that floor...whereas a Russ, Kyler, Hurts, Tua, or even Herbert...I expect them to much more frequently be in between their floors and ceilings, which is more reassuring for H2H...not that hardly anyone plays Roto in Football.

i'm a high floor fantasy player, there's so much randomness in FF that if i can secure a player that will never obliterate my week...i tend to favor that talent. Lamar is a glorified rb, but to me that's a cheat code in fantasy and because he's so young, you'd think he'd improve his passing game over course of the next few seasons. If he doesn't oh well, until the ravens kick him to the curb. Pocket passers IN fantasy will have lower floors in fantasy and unless they chuck for a ton of tds, their ceilings are limited...and there will always be a litany of these kind of qbs available which you can use with waiver pickups (see tannehill, cousins, etc) Lamar jackson can run for a 60 yard td in a single play and he would have outproduced russell wilson in 4 of the past 6 weeks. agree to disagree. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson easy 

Most of the examples, in this thread, should already be on Dynasty teams unless you have very small benches. 

Darnell Mooney  Anthony McFarland  Gabriel Davis  Andy Isabella  DeeJay Dallas

32 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I'll go herbert here because he is a pocket passer and a damn fine one... and those last longer than running qbs that aren't accurate 

22 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i'm a high floor fantasy player, there's so much randomness in FF that if i can secure a player that will never obliterate my week...i tend to favor that talent. Lamar is a glorified rb, but to me that's a cheat code in fantasy and because he's so young, you'd think he'd improve his passing game over course of the next few seasons. If he doesn't oh well, until the ravens kick him to the curb. Pocket passers IN fantasy will have lower floors in fantasy and unless they chuck for a ton of tds, their ceilings are limited...and there will always be a litany of these kind of qbs available which you can use with waiver pickups (see tannehill, cousins, etc) Lamar jackson can run for a 60 yard td in a single play and he would have outproduced russell wilson in 4 of the past 6 weeks. agree to disagree. 

It's fascinating that we even get to have these conversations, and it's an exciting reflection of the great infusion of QB talent into the league.

Lamar/Jalen/ "old man" Kyler vs pocket passers Herbert/Burrow/Tua (it seems).  All six of these QBs will be fine foundations for our fake fantasy team.  Not to mention of course Mahomes, Russ, Dak, Rodgers (still proving his worth).  That's 10 QBs right there.  It's a good reason why leagues should consider going 2 QB format.

I like the upside of the running QB who will always give you a great floor and also with a huge ceiling.  I don't play dynasty, only keeper, so I'd be fine with the running QBs who might be more injury prone as we only keep for one year.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's fascinating that we even get to have these conversations, and it's an exciting reflection of the great infusion of QB talent into the league.

Lamar/Jalen/ "old man" Kyler vs pocket passers Herbert/Burrow/Tua (it seems).  All six of these QBs will be fine foundations for our fake fantasy team.  Not to mention of course Mahomes, Russ, Dak, Rodgers (still proving his worth).  That's 10 QBs right there.  It's a good reason why leagues should consider going 2 QB format.

I like the upside of the running QB who will always give you a great floor and also with a huge ceiling.  I don't play dynasty, only keeper, so I'd be fine with the running QBs who might be more injury prone as we only keep for one year.  

I think this is a tough one to judge.  Until Herbert has played his second season, you really don't know how good he will be.  How many times have you seen rookies have great rookie seasons only to drop off?  Once there is film, you get to see which guys can elevate their game to truly be good.  Not to mention, will he be dealing with a new coaching staff and offensive scheme?  I think there is just as much risk with Herbert as there is with Jackson.  After Jackson's insane 2019 season, it should be no surprise that he regressed a little.  

I just made a trade for Jackson in my dynasty league.¬† It's a start 2QB league and now I get to pair him with Mahomes¬†ūüėĀ.¬† At this juncture, I'd take Jackson over Herbert due to what we've seen him do.¬† He can win a week for you all by himself.¬† But I wouldn't complain if I had Herbert.¬†¬†

19 minutes ago, KTRBS said:

I think this is a tough one to judge.  Until Herbert has played his second season, you really don't know how good he will be.  How many times have you seen rookies have great rookie seasons only to drop off?  Once there is film, you get to see which guys can elevate their game to truly be good.  Not to mention, will he be dealing with a new coaching staff and offensive scheme?  I think there is just as much risk with Herbert as there is with Jackson.  After Jackson's insane 2019 season, it should be no surprise that he regressed a little.  

I just made a trade for Jackson in my dynasty league.¬† It's a start 2QB league and now I get to pair him with Mahomes¬†ūüėĀ.¬† At this juncture, I'd take Jackson over Herbert due to what we've seen him do.¬† He can win a week for you all by himself.¬† But I wouldn't complain if I had Herbert.¬†¬†

You‚Äôve missed the bus on Herbert. If you were to build a QB you would mold him after his gifts. But guy gets knocked because he isn‚Äôt a leader of a locker room. Guy comes in after emergency without warning and leads his team. And has been nothing short of stellar. Odds on favorite for rookie of the year. ūüôā

If that isn‚Äôt a leader I am not sure what is. He‚Äôs a leader for the next ten years. And Charger fans have to be laughing all the way to the bank that they got him. ūüôā

Who would you guys prefer keeping among the following RB?

Dillon

McFarland 

Penny

Ahmed

We are required to trim down our dynasty rosters at end of the week.  I'd find most value in combo of upside and most likely to start at the beginning of 2021.

10 hours ago, KTRBS said:

How often have you seen a pocket passer have anything close to this kind of season and then bust? I can't think of any offhand. You see it with scrambling QBs who don't have an exceptional arm because defenses stay home, blitz hard and force them to beat them with their arm, which they then can't do in the short time they have to get it out. Herbert has an elite arm and he's very sharp. How are defenses taking away that? They couldn't do it to guys like Manning or Brady or Warner or Brees or any QBs who throw the ball on that level. Herbert is a much safer bet than any of the scrambling QBs who don't have exceptional arms (Russ, for example, as one who DOES). If he gets a significant lower body injury then long term, fine, where was he going anyway? For Jackson or Murray though? No, they'll look a lot more like RGIII if that happens to them. In particular, Murray would be out of the league quickly if he couldn't run anymore.

12 hours ago, 33legend said:

Who would you guys prefer keeping among the following RB?

Dillon

McFarland 

Penny

Ahmed

We are required to trim down our dynasty rosters at end of the week.  I'd find most value in combo of upside and most likely to start at the beginning of 2021.

Dillon for me....A.Jones and J.Williams are both free Agents.  In the event both of those guys leave Dillons value skyrockets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

How often have you seen a pocket passer have anything close to this kind of season and then bust? I can't think of any offhand. You see it with scrambling QBs who don't have an exceptional arm because defenses stay home, blitz hard and force them to beat them with their arm, which they then can't do in the short time they have to get it out. Herbert has an elite arm and he's very sharp. How are defenses taking away that? They couldn't do it to guys like Manning or Brady or Warner or Brees or any QBs who throw the ball on that level. Herbert is a much safer bet than any of the scrambling QBs who don't have exceptional arms (Russ, for example, as one who DOES). If he gets a significant lower body injury then long term, fine, where was he going anyway? For Jackson or Murray though? No, they'll look a lot more like RGIII if that happens to them. In particular, Murray would be out of the league quickly if he couldn't run anymore.

So you're saying that Jackson is a glorified RGIII and Murray would be out of the league?  That's quite the statement to make.  I don't think I'd go so far as to say that these guys would be out of the league if they couldn't run.  Heck, even RGIII is still in the league.

I believe Murray and Jackson have more passing prowess than many give them credit for, but I'm no NFL scout either. 

I've got nothing against Herbert.  Guy is great.  I'm just not going to anoint him as one of the best until I've seen him do it for a couple seasons.  All I was saying is that I'd prefer Jackson over Herbert at this point in time.

1 hour ago, KTRBS said:

So you're saying that Jackson is a glorified RGIII and Murray would be out of the league?  That's quite the statement to make.  I don't think I'd go so far as to say that these guys would be out of the league if they couldn't run.  Heck, even RGIII is still in the league.

I believe Murray and Jackson have more passing prowess than many give them credit for, but I'm no NFL scout either. 

I've got nothing against Herbert.  Guy is great.  I'm just not going to anoint him as one of the best until I've seen him do it for a couple seasons.  All I was saying is that I'd prefer Jackson over Herbert at this point in time.

No, that's your strawman. If you'd like I can leave you two alone and you can have at it. 

On 12/16/2020 at 11:09 PM, hard1 said:

Odell maybe on his way out of Cleveland and more nice this cant be said about donovan peoples jones 

Obj replacement dpj

Maybe its just bias bc i own him but im excited for DPJ next year..assuming odb us gone 

1 hour ago, KTRBS said:

No, they'll look a lot more like RGIII if that happens to them. In particular, Murray would be out of the league quickly if he couldn't run anymore.

That's your quote my man.  And if you want to take it literally, then yeah, safe to say anyone who couldn't run anymore would be out of the league.

1 hour ago, KTRBS said:

I agree.  I think Cleveland would be wise to move on from OBJ.

I think they do and promote peoples jones they'd be doing themselves a favor dude is legit...

Side note

Where we at on eno benjamin?

Hasn't been on the field yet and last year in college was ok. But prior too was thought to be legit prospect and early round pick...

18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I think they do and promote peoples jones they'd be doing themselves a favor dude is legit...

Side note

Where we at on eno benjamin?

Hasn't been on the field yet and last year in college was ok. But prior too was thought to be legit prospect and early round pick...

I had him stashed for awhile but dropped him for that Trautman.  I strongly believe the Cardinals sign one of the many RB FAs this off-seasn and when Drake was down Benjamin got 0 burn.  I'm not holding much of any hopes for him. 

1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I had him stashed for awhile but dropped him for that Trautman.  I strongly believe the Cardinals sign one of the many RB FAs this off-seasn and when Drake was down Benjamin got 0 burn.  I'm not holding much of any hopes for him. 

Yeah I side on your side of things cause how can he not even sniff the field on accident. I get special teams aspect they are trying to say but shocks me dude can't even run down the field to block or tackle someone???

What about Royce Freeman,  Lindsay is gone most likely and Gordon is on his last legs... freeman was amidst some trade rumors last year that never happened... his player profile still makes me drool... Steven Jackson 

Been decent in his limited time this year and actually kinda surprised with the other two not doing great he hasn't gotten more run

Edited by hard1

Deep deep dynasty league... I just picked up Devin Funchess. He's technically a FA at the end of the year, but was a Covid opt out on the Packers this season. If he resigns with the Pack, he could be a sleeper. MVS and Lazard didn't exactly prove they belong beside Adams this year. 

10 hours ago, 33legend said:

In a dynasty that has limits on how many can be kept.  Who would you drop out of:

Beckham 

Chark

Jeudy

OBJ by a wide margin, also how shallow is your league if you are considering dropping guys of this caliber

1 hour ago, 9amest said:

OBJ by a wide margin, also how shallow is your league if you are considering dropping guys of this caliber

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Wutt. You sure it’s not a Keeper league? 

10 team but it's a strange format in that we can keep people forever or as long as we want, but we are limited to 10 players to keep and a max of 5 at a position.  My other WR are AJ Brown, ARob, and DJ Moore.

Edited by 33legend
45 minutes ago, 33legend said:

10 team but it's a strange format in that we can keep people forever or as long as we want, but we are limited to 10 players to keep and a max of 5 at a position.  My other WR are AJ Brown, ARob, and DJ Moore.

I'd still keep OBJ over Juedy and Chark might be reallllly nice with Trevor Lawerence. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Deep deep dynasty league... I just picked up Devin Funchess. He's technically a FA at the end of the year, but was a Covid opt out on the Packers this season. If he resigns with the Pack, he could be a sleeper. MVS and Lazard didn't exactly prove they belong beside Adams this year. 

Not a bad stash here.  I'm not a Funchess fan, but you are 100% right that he could find his way into a WR3 play with Rogers

• Like 1