NBC Sports Edge Forums

Travis Fulgham 2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

i hope for his sake that the 8 targets for Rodgers goes to goedert, and the Hightower targets go to Reagor.

Eagles will be throwing 40 times a game I think.

4-6 for rbs

10-12 for tight ends

leaves 15-20 targets for receivers. Fulgham with 8-10 targets is still a wr2- he also looks like a nice RedZone weapon. I can’t imagine Alshon usurping fulgham- his play is inspiring as a walk on and probably motivates the team 

Yea Fulgham is single handedly saving Wentz...dont see CW forgettin his main dude...

• Like 1
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is about all you need. He's a stud. If this coaching staff is not as dumb as a brick, this guy is their #1 WR, cut jeffrey, cut Jackson. They are wastes of time.    

22 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

i hope for his sake that the 8 targets for Rodgers goes to goedert, and the Hightower targets go to Reagor.

Eagles will be throwing 40 times a game I think.

4-6 for rbs

10-12 for tight ends

leaves 15-20 targets for receivers. Fulgham with 8-10 targets is still a wr2- he also looks like a nice RedZone weapon. I can’t imagine Alshon usurping fulgham- his play is inspiring as a walk on and probably motivates the team 

^^This^^ 

You almost hit the mark....Fulgham was drafted in the 6th by the Lions in 2019 so he wasn’t a walk on. He was basically treated like a walk on from day 1 it seems but has found a great landing spot with the Eagles, sometimes that means the world of difference being in the right spot at the right time coupled with hard work and dedication, Fulgham fits that bill. I believe with Goedert and Reagor back safeties will have their hands full with those 2 and should open more big plays for Fulgham and seeing a lot of underneath stuff available, I think this could benefit Fulgham. Without Reagor and Goedert the defense can basically double Fulgham if they wanted and still be matched up well.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CooL said:

I think it's pretty easy to deduce that with Reagor and Goedert both being active that this is going to reduce his target share.  Or hopefully it takes away some attention from him and he's still able to get more value out of the reduced targets.

how many targets were they both getting? Taking the attention off of him is nice just hoping it's not taking too many targets away

Edited by Guwop

I hear the term "League Winner" bandied about an awful lot. That said - it might be true in his case. This kid is an absolute monster. He can play inside or outside. Has soft hands. Can accumulate YAC. Can high-point jump balls. Has sideline awareness. Also? The Eagles schedule the second-half of the year is a cakewalk. He's going to catapult people into the playoffs. 

And ya know what? Good for him. 

• Like 3

With Reagor back and getting more involved, Fulgham still led the Eagles WRs in snaps (55), routes run (35), targets (7), and of course FF pts. 

Coming out of the bye he has one of the best schedules to finish out the year, with 5 of his 7 matchups coming against teams in the top 15 for FF pts given up to WRs, and 3 against the one of the top 6. 

WK10: @NYG (11th)

WK11: @CLE (2nd)

WK12: SEA (1st)

WK13: @GB (22nd)

WK14: NO (13th)

WK15: @AZ (16th)

WK16: @DAL (6th.. hellooo Eagles players on Championship Sunday)

Do we have a solid WR2, with consistent WR1 upside on our hands here?

• Like 4
7 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Yes, he is the only Eagle worth starting for the foreseeable future

Sanders should be fine after the bye. Key word should be.

Fulgham is averaging a Hopkins like 17 points per game in all active games lol. Insanity- what an improbable run for an ex 6th-rounder. He looks spectacular out there and you can see that Wentz truly appreciates the connection.

Wentz was god awful last night, yet Fulgham overcame it and caught 6 of 7 targets. Remarkable efficiency. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Sanders should be fine after the bye. Key word should be.

Fulgham is averaging a Hopkins like 17 points per game in all active games lol. Insanity- what an improbable run for an ex 6th-rounder. He looks spectacular out there and you can see that Wentz truly appreciates the connection.

Wentz was god awful last night, yet Fulgham overcame it and caught 6 of 7 targets. Remarkable efficiency. 

Really the only time Wentz looked decent throwing the ball was when he was throwing to Fulgham, especially his passes medium to deep down the field near the boundary. 

Part of me wants to believe Wentz sees that watching film and starts to zero in even more on to Fulgham

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, activeobserver said:

Averaging 18pts in PPR league and still doesnt get any respect, when will people finally start respecting him?

Those people don’t know when to hold em or know when to Fulgham. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, activeobserver said:

Averaging 18pts in PPR league and still doesnt get any respect, when will people finally start respecting him?

What Fulgham owners really have to worry about is Alshon Jeffrey coming back.  Alshon is more than capable of giving Fulgham tendinitis, just by standing around on the sidelines with him. 

• Haha 5
8 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

How are we feeling with Fulgham against NYG???

Hoping targets aren't syphoned off this week...

My fear is that I don't really know how this offense looks like with a healthier Reagor and Goedert. I don't think Jeffery is anything to worry about- I expect 3 WR sets of possibly Jeffery Reagor on the outside and Fulgham in the Slot, or Jeffery coming in on 3 WR sets with Jeffery or Fulgham in the slot. Don't see Reagor being a huge threat too...he's way behind the 8 ball and I'm playing the narrative that Fulgham has bailed out Wentz time and time again...that connection should continue. 

I do also think that the 2 TE sets might be reduced as the Eagles have a good amount of talent on the outside. I think Goedert is in trouble TBH since Wentz certainly prefers throwing down the field and outside the numbers when his receivers are fully healthy. I also don't know if Wentz can improve enough to sustain all these guys...

All in all, part of me is inclined to bench him for another WR2/3 type and see how it shakes out. The floor is decent but he had 11 targets vs Giants a few weeks ago with basically no one helping him out.

The inverse is also true- the other weapons can allow Fulgham to truly dominate and ascend to every week WR1 status...odds are low but hey it can happen. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

"I do also think that the 2 TE sets might be reduced as the Eagles have a good amount of talent on the outside. I think Goedert is in trouble TBH since Wentz certainly prefers throwing down the field and outside the numbers when his receivers are fully healthy. I also don't know if Wentz can improve enough to sustain all these guys..."

I agree with the Goedert sentiment.  I like Goedert but with the injuries on the OL, they are going to need him to block and that should keep his targets lower than normal ...   Last game Reagor got a TD and 6 targets w/ Wentz trumpeting his return pregame because he would help open up the offense.  Last week Fulghum had 7 targets, which was a steep dropoff compared to the games before Reagor / Goedert's return.  I still like Fulghum (own in multiple leagues) but liked him a lot better when he was the last man standing...    This could be a bit of a Dolphins' Davante Parker situation -- his splits with and without Preston Williams are huge. 

Anyone have the stats from a few games ago in regards to Bradberry covering Fulgham?  Not sure the percentage but TF was just mediocre a few weeks back when these team played.  Phi now has more options and I'm trying to see if that will help/hurt him here.