NBC Sports Edge Forums

Travis Fulgham 2020 Outlook

Some info/opinion from BleedingGreenNation. It has some detailed breakdowns of specific plays

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/10/14/21515441/travis-fulgham-pittsburgh-steelers-philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz-future-wide-receiver

Travis Fulgham had 10 catches and 150 yards last week. What happens next?

The Eagles stumbled onto one of the best WR performances of their last decade. Was it just a flash in the pan, or do they finally have a young talent at the position?

Where Is This Going?

The Eagles gave Fulgham the whole kit and caboodle in Week 5, and he delivered on every opportunity. Even as the Eagles look to onboard currently injured pass-catchers in DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, Jalen Reagor, and Dallas Goedert, Fulgham will undoubtedly continue to be active and have a role in the offense. What will that role look like?

Fulgham’s full grasp of the route tree in the Eagles’ book is extremely encouraging. This allows the Eagles to continue working his vertical game, which they featured against the Steelers, while grooming his short game as well. As more players return to the fold, the Eagles can keep him on those routes that will keep him on smooth paths, like the deep comeback, deep out, and nine route, so as to limit the exposure of his average acceleration and change of direction.

Fulgham isn’t in line for any more 13 target games, but he will continue to be a great option on intermediate routes and Wentz’s favorite target on late downs given his reliable hands and ability to win through contact. For Fulgham to nail down a long-term role with the Eagles, he’ll need to spend the next few weeks proving that he is so reliable, he still commands a role on a wide receiver room that prioritizes speed. Given how much the Eagles and Wentz already trust him, I’m confident that he will.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is about all you need. He's a stud. If this coaching staff is not as dumb as a brick, this guy is their #1 WR, cut jeffrey, cut Jackson. They are wastes of time.    

Some more from BGN      ,,,,,,,

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/10/14/21515944/philadelphia-eagles-doug-pederson-travis-fulgham-earned-snaps-offense-injury-updates-desean-jackson

Doug Pederson talks about how the Eagles will handle the wide receiver position moving forward

Hear from the head coach..........

Pederson said again that they’ll have to see how both DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery practice and feel this week, before deciding whether they’ll play Sunday. The head coach was also asked how getting them back will affect the game-planning and for guys like Travis Fulgham and John Hightower.

It’s a difficult thing. One, we’ve got to make sure that the player in question is healthy, right? And that’s just why we practice during the week, we let them practice today and we see how they feel tomorrow on Thursday and then we see how they feel on Friday and then we can make a decision for game day.

But at the same time, it is hard to say ‘Hey, okay Travis, we’re going to push you to the side because here comes a couple of [veteran] guys.’ We’ve got to get all our guys integrated back into practice this week. And at the end of the day, we’ve got to select the four or five guys we feel give us the best opportunity on game day. And some of it could be based purely on matchup.

Obviously, Travis has made a case to continue to play and play at a high level.

On Travis Fulgham’s production

Pederson said that having a receiver lined up in various roles isn’t necessarily rare for the Eagles’ offense, and even though they might be listed as a X or Z receiver, he’s going to use them in different positions. But, Fulgham took everything they gave him in the 49ers game, and then loaded him up against the Steelers. He noted that not everything the WR did was perfect, but to have that kind of production, the rest is something they can coach and correct during practice.

• Like 2

Well, won this guy with a $0 bid, after I couldn't afford Claypool, Williams, Hardman...

Now the question is, are we confident enough to start him this week vs. the Ravens?

I feel like in a perfect world, I'd love to wait and see if he can do it again, especially against such a tough matchup. But then again, with more Eagles receiving options coming healthy over the next weeks, time might be running out.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Went unclaimed in both my leagues.

Same. Guess the universal perception is he was just force fed due to lack of options past 2 weeks. I still think he’s worth a bench stash if you have a spot. Ravens are a difficult matchup however so don’t be surprised if he flops. 

54 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Same. Guess the universal perception is he was just force fed due to lack of options past 2 weeks. I still think he’s worth a bench stash if you have a spot. Ravens are a difficult matchup however so don’t be surprised if he flops. 

I'd agree with this.  I picked him up this morning after nobody in my 14 teamer even put a claim in for him.  Clearly, most are thinking he's a fluke and will go back to being a nobody as Philly receivers get healthy.

I have no idea what happens but I did watch the game last week.  And without knowing it, this guy looked like Julio Jones or something out there.  We start 3 WR's in my league so it gets pretty deep.  I already have Alshon stashed....figured I'd grab Fulgham too in hopes that one of them turns into something.

Let's face it though...Philly is a dumpster fire at WR with injuries and uncertain futures all over the place.  They could use somebody stable and reliable at the position.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TwoCan Sam said:

[...] I have no idea why other players do not value these players as opposed to backup defenses and kickers. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

He's a great story and he just showed up huge two weeks in a row for a team badly needing someone to show up. His primary competition is two aging, injury riddled receivers who are both more name now than anything. Plus, he looks like a younger, healthier version of Alshon. 

Soon Fuglam will be a household name. 

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

MT 2.0 . No I'm not crazy😜

Slight joking he looks like him running around, #13 helps too. Short sample size but I in all seriousness think he's legit. 

Ur not crazy, MT is exactly who he reminded me of when watching him play, their size and attributes are almost identical, even their combine results are the same. He’s a MT clone if there ever was one.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Ur not crazy, MT is exactly who he reminded me of when watching him play, their size and attributes are almost identical, even their combine results are the same. He’s a MT clone if there ever was one.

Everybody sleeping on this dude. Watch him be legit the real deal. He smoked the Steelers which is a good d. With the banged up wr corps I can see him being a solid WR3. Jackson and Jeffery are made of glass and old. Wentz likes this kid and said he's not a fluke. I got a chance to pick him up. Let's see.     

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dboy94 said:

Everybody sleeping on this dude. Watch him be legit the real deal. He smoked the Steelers which is a good d. With the banged up wr corps I can see him being a solid WR3. Jackson and Jeffery are made of glass and old. Wentz likes this kid and said he's not a fluke. I got a chance to pick him up. Let's see.     

Key to fantasy right here. Pick up these guys early and hope for the best. 

• Like 3
Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Key to fantasy right here. Pick up these guys early and hope for the best. 

Couldn’t have said it any better, I went RB heavy in my drafts, and now I’m loading up on these promising WRs. I’ve missed in the previous, but I’m on the hunt now. Fulgham is a diamond in the rough from what I’ve seen thus far.

4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Couldn’t have said it any better, I went RB heavy in my drafts, and now I’m loading up on these promising WRs. I’ve missed in the previous, but I’m on the hunt now. Fulgham is a diamond in the rough from what I’ve seen thus far.

Maybe not against the Ravens this week. But if he does good against the ravens he's the real deal and props to everyone grabbing him. 

So Adam Caplan saying this dude will be starting X moving forward. That’s huge. Alshon is washed, DJax can’t stay healthy and is old, and Reagor hasn’t shown anything. He’s got great chemistry with Wentz and is their lone WR bright spot. A good consolation prize for those who missed out on Claypool.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CooL said:

So Adam Caplan saying this dude will be starting X moving forward. That’s huge. Alshon is washed, DJax can’t stay healthy and is old, and Reagor hasn’t shown anything. He’s got great chemistry with Wentz and is their lone WR bright spot. A good consolation prize for those who missed out on Claypool.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I targeted Fulgham over Claypool. A 4 TD game is a fluke. I know I’d rather have a guy that has scored in 2 straight games, while getting 13 targets in the 2nd game to really establish himself in the offense. Claypool’s production was a product of Johnson being out & I don’t think he sniffs half of that production in a single game ROS

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I targeted Fulgham over Claypool. A 4 TD game is a fluke. I know I’d rather have a guy that has scored in 2 straight games, while getting 13 targets in the 2nd game to really establish himself in the offense. Claypool’s production was a product of Johnson being out & I don’t think he sniffs half of that production in a single game ROS

Make me feel good.

3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Make me feel good.

-Check out the highlight reel of his week 5 on the 1st page of this thread.

- 6’2 215, only runs a 4.58 40 but catches everything with his HANDS.

-Also check the routes he ran on 2nd page. Ran routes from 4 different spots in formations: short, deep, crossing, sideline. He & Wentz have an obvious feel for each other 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Ur out ur mind if u think Claypool’s game was a fluke, yeah he may not score 4tds each and every week but he is the WR u want in Pitt, especially with all the health issues between DJ and Juju. I own both Fulgham and Claypool and I’m stoked but Claypool is far from a fluke, scoring 20pts is can easily be done with Claypool. If I had to pick between the 2 it would be Claypool no doubt