NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andy Dalton 2020 Outlook

Dak Prescott just had a gruesome injury, so Andy Dalton slides in as the starter

Dallas has great weapons.  Dak had 201 pass attempts, by far #1 in the NFL (Josh Allen was #2 at 148).  Dalton has put up big numbers under this scenario.

QB1?

The schedule includes a lot of good pass rushes and the Cowboys OL is shaky.

Week 6 ARI                  
Week 7 @WAS                  
Week 8 @PHI                  
Week 9 PIT                  
Week 10 bye                  
Week 11 @MIN                  
Week 12 WAS                  
Week 13 @BAL                  
Week 14 @CIN                  
Week 15 SFO                  
Week 16 PHI
Edited by Nap Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just dropped in to say...  

This mf’er hogh af

Posted Images

He went 9/11 for 111. The lost fumble was not encouraging. But with all the weapons and the line, I don't see why he can't be a low end QB1.

I noticed Dalton was having a love affair with Gallup....almost all of Gallup's yards came when Dalton entered the game. 

Dalton has never had this much talent surrounding him on offense. The closest comparison would be 2015 when he had a healthy AJ green, Sanu and Marvin Jones with Jeremy hill and Gio. Dalton broke his hand early in game 13 that season but was not only a upper half QB1 the first 12 games he was an MVP contender. His stats extrapolated to a full 16 game season were 4300+ Pass yds 33 TD 9 ints. His weapons in Dallas are clearly superior to anything he’s had before. If you had Dak or even just looking for depth or a safety valve for an underperforming QB this it IT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the first posted stated, Red Rifle's schedule is difficult, actually the toughest of the entire NFL.  But, all signs are there he will attempt the most passes in the NFL also this season.  Seems worthy of a High WW claim.

I talked to some guys in my main big money league and the sentiment is that he's not Dak.  That may be true.  But I personally believe he'll put on a pretty good imitation ROS.  He's up in waivers along with the 10 catch receiver from PHI and Roethlisberger, who someone dropped just before the Sunday games.  I would pick Dalton over both on upside.  If you watched the Dallas comeback, you saw Dalton make some pretty awesome throws and lead the Cowboys to a comeback win.  He's going to light it up.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 2