NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rashard Higgins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

feel confident as a wr3- starting over AB in a 3 wr game. Browns and mayfield trending up in a big way- ride the wave while it’s hot

I'm bullish. Hot QB, getting the targets, and playing the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

The only other issue now is game script. I expect the Browns to run a lot. 

Browns on the road, with the shorter week, after a grueling divisional loss - they are a better team than the Jints, yes - but that doesn't always translate to the scoreboard. 

enough intangibles here to see the Browns have their problems, ergo ... it's gonna be closer than many here are thinking 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Browns on the road, with the shorter week, after a grueling divisional loss - they are a better team than the Jints, yes - but that doesn't always translate to the scoreboard. 

enough intangibles here to see the Browns have their problems, ergo ... it's gonna be closer than many here are thinking 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. Giants haven't exactly laid down for anyone.  They are a week removed from making Russ play like Ciara. That wouldn't stop me from playing Higgins but dont expect the Ravens game volume. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

One thing we’ve learned this year is that the Giants lay down for no one. Higgins owners should be hoping they can hang close enough to keep Baker dropping back, but I’m not sure they can. His 19 targets the last two weeks are great, but that comes with 33 and 47 pass attempts from Baker. What if they lean on Chubb and Hunt this week and it’s a 25-pass game for Baker? 

Get a TD from him, and it’ll all be good. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

One thing we’ve learned this year is that the Giants lay down for no one. Higgins owners should be hoping they can hang close enough to keep Baker dropping back, but I’m not sure they can. His 19 targets the last two weeks are great, but that comes with 33 and 47 pass attempts from Baker. What if they lean on Chubb and Hunt this week and it’s a 25-pass game for Baker? 

Agree.

It's not about the giants laying down it's whether the giants can score enough to keep Baker dropping back to pass. Chubb and hunt are good enough to win this game for the Brownies.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

fair enuff. 

let's just say i don't consider the Browns to be a team that has earned any kinda faith in just burying a supposed inferior opponent, especially on the road after a draining division game, and on the short week. 

will they need to score 40 to win here? no. of course not. 

but that doesn't mean we don't see "Air Baker" plying his wares ... i call a 24-20 final, either way ... don't think Cleveland runs away and hides to the point of just ramming Chubb/KHunt - they gonna need some oooommmpphhh in that passing game - and Stef is very aware that Farenheit 451 is sidelined with the Covid - he will attack via the air often enuff. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enuff. 

let's just say i don't consider the Browns to be a team that has earned any kinda faith in just burying a supposed inferior opponent, especially on the road after a draining division game, and on the short week. 

will they need to score 40 to win here? no. of course not. 

but that doesn't mean we don't see "Air Baker" plying his wares ... i call a 24-20 final, either way ... don't think Cleveland runs away and hides to the point of just ramming Chubb/KHunt - they gonna need some oooommmpphhh in that passing game - and Stef is very aware that Farenheit 451 is sidelined with the Covid - he will attack via the air often enuff. 

I hope your right, brother :D. I’m also hoping Stefanski lets Baker loose just to rub it in Kitchens’ nose, but I doubt that’s a factor...but I can hope, lol! I like the matchup and wouldn’t be surprised by any outcome in this game. Lol. 

• Haha 1

I have him just above the Gabriel Davis, Michael Pittman, Lynn Bowden tier. I think no matter what, if Cleveland is going to attempt a passing game, they will be targeting Higgins predominately. To me, Bradberry going out was a sign. 

15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What tier do we put higgins in this week?

Is his matchup similar to that of someone like Robby Anderson? I'm not sure how to rank him this week. 2 smash weeks in a row for Higgins makes this seems like a let down week to me.

feel confident as a wr3- starting over AB in a 3 wr game. Browns and mayfield trending up in a big way- ride the wave while it’s hot

• Like 4
22 hours ago, lml417 said:

[...] thinking about using him over other FLEX options on WW

It's a tough call. I have him in now over Russell Gage. I'm tempted to switch it now that Julio is out, but man Higgins is facing the Jets. And Baker always seems to feast big time against the bum teams. 

Heads up if counting on Higgins or Landry tmrw...

Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins and Donovan People-Jones have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts, per and me. Browns awaiting further instruction but all three now could be out Sunday vs. Jets.
Quote Tweet

ycm8ibEE_mini.jpg

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
· 16m
A group of Browns wide receivers have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts and Cleveland is awaiting word as to how many will not be able to travel to New York for Sunday’s game vs. Jets, sources tell @mortreport and me. Game is on but Browns likely without WRs and possibly a TE.