NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ty Johnson 2020 Outlook

I could not find a 2020 thread on him, so starting this one.

Playerprofiler has him is a top 5 trending player right now.   Combine numbers show him to be pretty quick and also fast. Profiles comparison is Kenyan Drake. 

With Bell release, should be interest in him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Would appear to be the clear passing down back now, and maybe some COP work too.

For a team that is expert level in trailing, he might have some deeeeep league PPR appeal.

Still remember getting hyped because some blog wrote him up as the next Alvin Kamara. He's definitely fast, but I'm not sure he's good at football. Probably no more than a dart throw in deep (with many e's) PPR leagues. 

• 2 weeks later...

The playoff schedule isn't great. A big reason I was hesitant to stash Gore. Hard to ignore touches though especially in deeper leagues. I'd stash and monitor for week 14(Seattle), but the problem is even if he looks good then week 15 is a truly brutal matchup(Rams). I don't know if Gore will still be out come week 16

• Like 1

Ty Johnson looked good running behind Mekhi Becton on the left side as did Josh Adams and their younger legs.  Stay healthy Mekhi.  

Gore tends to run between the tackles and doesn't take advantage of that monster LT as much as he should. 

• Thanks 1

It might not be totally relative, but SEA just got ran over by the combo of Gallman and Alf Morris...while led by Colt McCoy at QB.

Gore would obv need to sit, but I will be fine plugging Ty into one of my FLEX spots in deeper formats next week.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I've always liked this kid. I think he's been massively underrated. I hope he earns himself a role for the Jets. He'll never be a lead back, but he could be a Tarik Cohen type. 

Yeah we had a big back and forth on here last year where some know it alls shat on him. Speed and strength and talent are there. Just a matter of using him right.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Guess a lot depends on Gore's status this week, but it's great upcoming match-up against the Ray-dahs. May have to put a claim in.  

Unfortunately they just played the Raiders week 13. Jets are @Seattle this week.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, Travis Burten said:

His schedule is poor

If he's gonna get bellcow usage this upcoming week then I don't really care who the opponent is - and Seattle just got gashed by Gallman as it is. He arguably looked the best of any Jets RB this season, and Gase is gonna feed whoever the RB is there, as he's done w Gore and Perine before.  If he's gonna get 20+ touches then I'm all-in on him this week over a bunch of middling WR3 boom or bust options in my flex.  I just hope I can get him off the wire.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 3
58 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Unfortunately they just played the Raiders week 13. Jets are @Seattle this week.

Yeah, my bad man. SHM...

Still, Seattle's not a bad match-up.

Edited by The G Man

It's hilarious that people are - reasonably so - worried about Gore's availability limiting the opportunity of a young RB that just put up easily the best rushing performance for a winless team. 

Never change, Adam Gase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Despite the poor schedule, does he have league winner potential? Genuinely don't know much about him, but did some digging and seems like if he gets the carries, he might be big. He can catch passes too, so he could potentially have a decent floor. There's always a few RBs who get the opportunity in the final few weeks and go bonkers I have a WW claim for him, dropping Edwards FYI

I feel like he could be a viable week 14 plug-in at flex for people with mediocre options assuming Gore sits. Obvious bust potential(watch Adams lead the backfield) but it's a solid match-up. One week rental though because week 15 he'd be OFF LIMITS for me(vs Rams) unless he really started looking awesome