NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ty Johnson 2020 Outlook

I think that going into the season the Jets viewed La'Mical Perine as their possible "rb of the future" but a few more performances like yesterday and Johnson could throw his name into the hat for consideration.  

Fantasywise, the Jets are winless so I wouldn't be surprised if they try giving Johnson 20+ carries multiple times the rest of the way to see what they have.  As another poster mentioned though, week 15 vs. the Rams he is basically unusable unless you're totally desperate.

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think that going into the season the Jets viewed La'Mical Perine as their possible "rb of the future" but a few more performances like yesterday and Johnson could throw his name into the hat for consideration.  

Fantasywise, the Jets are winless so I wouldn't be surprised if they try giving Johnson 20+ carries multiple times the rest of the way to see what they have.  As another poster mentioned though, week 15 vs. the Rams he is basically unusable unless you're totally desperate.

That would be the rational thing to do. But this is Adam Gase. 

Gore got a limited practice in today and Gase thinks he'll be cleared this week.

It's hard to trust that Johnson will get the volume he should. 

nfl.com:

The Jets will be without four starters who were ruled out Friday: safety Ashtyn Davis, linebacker Jordan Jenkins, receiver Denzel Mims and right guard Greg Van Roten. Additionally, three other starters are doubtful: running back Frank Gore, left guard Pat Elflein and receiver Jamison Crowder.

• Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, rocklandrew said:

nfl.com:

The Jets will be without four starters who were ruled out Friday: safety Ashtyn Davis, linebacker Jordan Jenkins, receiver Denzel Mims and right guard Greg Van Roten. Additionally, three other starters are doubtful: running back Frank Gore, left guard Pat Elflein and receiver Jamison Crowder.

Interesting. I just read an ESPN report that said Gore practiced in full today and is still questionable. I wonder why there are conflicting reports.

33 minutes ago, rocklandrew said:

nfl.com:

Not sure where you got this info.  Per https://www.nfl.com/news/friday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-14

Jets safety Ashtyn Davis, guard Greg Van Roten, linebacker Jordan Jenkins and wide receiver Denzel Mims have been ruled out for Sunday versus the Seahawks. Wide receiver Jamison Crowder (calf) is questionable, and running back Frank Gore, who remains in the concussion protocol, is also questionable. New York signed safety J.T. Hassell.

Edited by TTo34
45 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

Where does he rank in PPR if Gore sits?

With Mims out, Crowder dinged up and Herndon basically useless, I think he falls into that RB 20-24 range...there is upside, but the floor is pretty minimal too.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Big workload in the finale?

You'd have to think? Big week for him to prove he can be a useful piece of this backfield next year. After watching him, it almost amazes me that Gase has seemingly gone out of his way to mothball him...he looks really good on the field imo.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

You'd have to think? Big week for him to prove he can be a useful piece of this backfield next year. After watching him, it almost amazes me that Gase has seemingly gone out of his way to mothball him...he looks really good on the field imo.

I assume it’s because Gase knows there’s no point to thinking about next year?