NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquez Callaway 2020 Outlook

Who is Marquez Callaway you might ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. marquez is a former Tennessee Vol and currently plays for the New Orleans Saints. He is not a regular contributor at least not yet but this past Sunday he found his way onto the field due to injuries to deionte Harris. Callaway handled all kick and punt return duties as well as a couple of catches.

For those that play in return yardage leagues he is rosterable now. He had over 100 return yards this past week and is interesting to see how the saints continue to use him. 

Just thought it was worth giving a look to a rookie who is working his way into the coaches favor when guys like MT is causing internal unrest, trequan Smith is average and your best receiver so far has been your RB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The guy def has some NFL traits--was surprised he wasn't drafted, but WR class was extremely deep and I believe he had a disappointing forty time. They paid him a hefty bonus to come aboard as an UDFA, and he earned his roster spot.

He looked really good returning kicks/punts last week, but the saints have a 1st team all-pro in Deonte Harris who sat with what is thought to be a minor injury.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Marquez Callaway 2020 Outlook

Thanks for starting this post with the word "who," Cleats.  You saved me having to ask the question myself.

Edit: On second thought, WHO?

Edited by KennyWoo
Tried to take the high road; couldn't.
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Thanks for starting this post with the word "who," Cleats.  You saved me having to ask the question myself.

Edit: On second thought, WHO?

Touche.

I thought it was intriguing to see his name pop up on the stat sheet along with the return yardage. 

St. Stevens makes a salient point by stating Harris is an all-pro kick returner but let's face it, he is no Andy Isabella...

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I scooped him up in my deep league. Due to bye weeks and injuries I'm gonna have to start either Callaway or Corey Davis. I'm leaning towards rolling the dice with this kid. 

39 minutes ago, affliction said:

Sneaky play in deep leagues 

no doubt

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Where there is smoke, there is 🔥

NO receivers dropping like flies. 

That said, Kamara will get 25 targets 

I think Tayson Hill will have a larger than usual role as well. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

This guy plays smart. Great game speed. Expanded role for sure. 

We are going to witness an all time dink and dunk fest this Sunday. And Callaway is shifty enough to wiggle out of the first tackle. 

I like this... I think at least 7 to 9 looks incoming

I grabbed him in my 16 teamers. A real shot for him to carve out a spot for NO.

Deep league guys should keep an eye on Juwan Johnson, a 6'4" 235 lb specimen outta Oregon, that they promoted from the PS last night. A real longshot, but they like him down there and he has some skills.

• Thanks 1