NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Wilson for CMC? WHIR

I was offered CMC for Wilson. Most teams are stashing a QB in my league so the best option I have is Carr. My current RBs are Mixon and Jones. If I got CMC he would essentially be replacing Dionte Johnson in my flex. 

I've heard whispers they may ease CMC back in and that he may be out until week 8. 

Thoughts? 

I appreciate the advice but is it really that lopsided? He’s coming back from an injury. There’s whispers that they may ease him back in. It’s not a given he’s even back by week 8. Best case scenario I’m missing 3 weeks from him - 6,7 and bye. That’s assuming he comes back in week 8. 

My overall point total is likely to drop by at least 10 points a week by streaming a QB. 

Just some thoughts 

yes. its amazingly lopsided. cmc is like having an extra roster spot....he averages russ points as a RB. there is a reason why he was the first pick. Cant think of many money leagues that wouldnt override a trade like that

Edited by Iroh

My guess is that the teams with CMC last year had a higher winning percentage than those with the #1 QB.

Unless your record is such that you absolutely must win (thinking 0-5 or 1-4 (super lucky 2-3)) you do the trade.

The guy you're trading with has already ate the majority of his missed games.

If streaming is such a horrible option, you should be able to pry a serviceable QB for a decent price.

Edited by fbi314159

I would take CMC for sure. Pick up Carr and then work the trade market to try and pick up a better qb if you can. Someone will run into a bye week or Covid-19 related roster crunch and will have to drop a serviceable QB that you can pick up. Try not to use your waiver for a while so you can grab that QB if/when the opportunity presents itself. 

9 hours ago, Bruenor said:

I was offered CMC for Wilson. Most teams are stashing a QB in my league so the best option I have is Carr. My current RBs are Mixon and Jones. If I got CMC he would essentially be replacing Dionte Johnson in my flex. 

I've heard whispers they may ease CMC back in and that he may be out until week 8. 

Thoughts? 

I do understand the concern of giving up Wilson. Dude is a stud. I would take the trade to get CMC & Carr isn't a bad option at QB. Depending on how deep you are at WR, could always try & work a trade later for a QB. Thanks for mine & good luck!

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for helping with mine. I think it's not as simple as take the trade. Who would you bench if you had cmc? Let's call that player x. And who would you start if you trade Wilson? Let's call that player y. It comes down to Wilson+player x vs CNC+player y. Make your evaluation that way. So it's Carr and cmc vs Wilson and Johnson. Probably I take Carr and cmc, but it's closer than people think. You can arguable upgrade Johnson elsewhere too.

Edited by young dude

I would take the trade. If guys are hoarding QB's then you should have the option to trade somebody for one down the road.  CMC when healthy is arguably the best player in fantasy football.  I mean journey man Mike Davis before this week has been a top 3 rb during CMC absense.  Just shows how great that offense is for the lead RB.