NBC Sports Edge Forums

Golladay / McLaurin Trade - Offer It?

Looking ahead at all my players on BYE on week 8. With that in mind would you make this trade? Am I selling too low on Drake? 

GIVE - Drake / McLaurin / Slayton

GET - Da.Johnson / Golladay / R.Anderson

MY TEAM

QB - Murray - BYE WK 8
WR -A. Robinson - BYE WK 11
WR - McLaurin - BYE WK 8
RB - J.Robinson - BYE WK 8
RB - Conner 
TE - Henry
FLEX - Mostert - BYE WK 11

BENCH
Drake - BYE WK 8
Freeman - BYE WK 11
Edmonds - BYE WK 8
Moss - BYE WK 11
Slayton - BYE WK 11
Diontae Johnson 
Hurst - BYE WK 10 

I don't mind this trade for you. You're maybe taking a small downgrade from Drake to DJ but it's more of a wash than anything, but getting an upgrade in Kenny and Robby. Also you still have Edmonds who's a flex right now and Drake's hold on that job seems pretty tenuous (tho he looks good so far tonite).  If you need to win week 8 then I would pull the trigger and prob do it anyways since you're upgrading both WRs.

I actually think you're selling low on McLaurin. Obviously no one loves his QB situation, but he's going to ball out in the coming weeks imo. He's had an absolutely brutal schedule as far as matchups are concerned to start the season. He has gotten shadowed by; Slay, Pat Pete, Ward, Ramsey, and Bradberry, Just a brutal stretch.You're also selling low on Drake if that trade was offered pre-MNF. I don't hate it, but I do think you could theoretically get more in return than you're getting.

I think the only real upgrade here is Slayton to Anderson. Drake, despite his disappointing start, has more value than Da. Johnson and I’m very high on McLaurin (I think he’s a WR1 rest of season). I also think that Golladay is in for a down year because the Lions are going to pound the run nonstop. 

I would reject the trade. 

Edited by MingusDew
8 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I think the only real upgrade here is Slayton to Anderson. Drake, despite his disappointing start, has more value than Da. Johnson and I’m very high on McLaurin (I think he’s a WR1 rest of season). I also think that Golladay is in for a down year because the Lions are going to pound the run nonstop. 

I would reject the trade. 

I am in agreement here...especially after what we saw from Drake last night (albeit against DAL)

Help with mine?