NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jameis Winston 2020 Outlook

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real power move is starting the Winston/Falcons DST stack.You could easily get 25 fpts from Winston and 18 fpts from Falcons DST on pick sixes.

Jameis on this Dallas team would be fantasy crack on steroids

For those of us looking for qb help, is Winston the pickup or is it Taysom Hill?  As was mentioned, Winston didn't look too good yesterday so he may get another full game to do well but if not, we could be looking at Hill who has been called "the Saints qb of the future" by some pundits despite already being 30 years old.

Well I’m in a large league and lost Brees so I pretty much have to pick this guy up. I would seriously doubt he has any high scoring games. Payton with scheme to their strengths and a lot of Kamara

wouldnt be surprised to see Hill in a bunch. Teams simply can’t stop the guy. I think the days of the saints scoring 30+ are gone for 2020

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

For those of us looking for qb help, is Winston the pickup or is it Taysom Hill?  As was mentioned, Winston didn't look too good yesterday so he may get another full game to do well but if not, we could be looking at Hill who has been called "the Saints qb of the future" by some pundits despite already being 30 years old.

One thing is for sure, with only 2 healthy QBs, I think we wont see as much Hill as we would like if Winston starts. Saints will need to add a QB to the roster to keep both on the field and do they move Brees to IR? (Schefter roto blurb said 2-3 weeks but is this realistic for an old man like Brees to comeback quickly from broken ribs and a collapsed lung?)

9 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I feel like Payton won't let that happen. Which is unfortunate because I love the real life zero/fantasy hero version of Winston

Yeah definitely thinking this - they will be very conservative with the game plan and lean on their run game/defense.  There is very little reason to let Winston go out there and sling but you can bet that Payton will devise a solid game plan to limit Winston's TOs.

Not a bad stash if your current QB sucks. It's very likely Saints lean on the run considering their defense has been good as well, BUT, there is a bit of upside here if he plays well. I would be willing to risk a bench spot for a week or two to see how things go.

Edited by harck
43 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

LEAGUE LOSER!!!

Come on, don't be so hard on Captain Crablegs.  Even in games where he throws 3 or 4 picks which is fairly often, he has made up for it with 300+ yards passing and at least a couple of td's.  He's a bad real life qb but can be very serviceable in fantasy.

• Like 1

Well Radio station here in New Orleans, Bobby Hebert was on air during his segment he usually talks about how practice went, he said Winston looks like a 50% passer, Michael Thomas was looking around wondering who winston was throwing to. Basically he didn't look good at all from what he was saying

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Well Radio station here in New Orleans, Bobby Hebert was on air during his segment he usually talks about how practice went, he said Winston looks like a 50% passer, Michael Thomas was looking around wondering who winston was throwing to. Basically he didn't look good at all from what he was saying

And Kamara was open in the flat in the red zone a couple of times and was visibly irritated that Winston never looked at him. I hope some kinks get worked out this week and he’s ready to go. Despite the 33 picks last year, he was still good enough to throw for over 5,000 yards and 33 TDs. Unless he is mentally confused by Payton’s offense, he should show some effectiveness.