NBC Sports Edge Forums

F**K MY LIFE - Trade Help WHIR

12 Team Standard Scoring. In 11th place at 1-5 (1st place is at 4-2).

My current roster:

QB: Herbert
WR: Hopkins & Godwin
RB: Mixon & J. Robinson
TE: Hockenson
Flex: Boyd
Bench: CMC (IR), Shenault, Kelley, Hurst, Ruggs, E. Sanders, Hasty

I feel like I have a strong roster on paper and when CMC comes back, I'll really kill it (been telling myself this for 5 weeks). Yet here I am sitting at 1-5 because my team under performs or I play the wrong flex smh. I need to shake things up a bit - which of these trades would you make? None have been offered (except 1st), but want to see if any of these are worth throwing out and if they aren't too lop-sided.

Trade 1
Give: CMC
Get: M. Gordon + M. Thomas

Trade 2
Give: Godwin + Robinson + Kelley
Get: A. Jones

Trade 3
Give: Godwin + Robinson
Get: D. Henry + M. Davis

Trade 4
Give: Godwin + Robinson + Kelley
Get: D. Adams + D. Henderson

Be sure to leave your link so I can help.

Why do you want to move Godwin again?  You're pretty spread thin at WR.  No way you can trust Riggs, Shenault or Sanders to fill it as your WR2. I can see why you would take trade 1 though because you can't keep slipping down the standings waiting for CMC. I'd probably take trade 1 knowing that Michael Thomas will be back soon which is a huge upgrade to have both Michael Thomas and Hopkins. But ONLY take trade 1 if you can get trade 3 done. Because now you'd have Henry RB1, Mixon RB2, Gordon at Flex.  At WR you'd have Michael Thomas WR1 and Hopkins WR2. You'd have some depth as well with Mike Davis and Boyd for flex.  I doubt the Henry owner would accept though. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aiyahrockla said:

Why do you want to move Godwin again?  You're pretty spread thin at WR.  No way you can trust Riggs, Shenault or Sanders to fill it as your WR2. I can see why you would take trade 1 though because you can't keep slipping down the standings waiting for CMC. I'd probably take trade 1 knowing that Michael Thomas will be back soon which is a huge upgrade to have both Michael Thomas and Hopkins. But ONLY take trade 1 if you can get trade 3 done. Because now you'd have Henry RB1, Mixon RB2, Gordon at Flex.  At WR you'd have Michael Thomas WR1 and Hopkins WR2. You'd have some depth as well with Mike Davis and Boyd for flex.  I doubt the Henry owner would accept though. 

Thanks for the feedback - that actually sounds good. Didn't think of couplings trades together.

I want to move Godwin because I'm a little worried of his volume. TB has something they haven't had in years - a solid running game, as well as a QB who doesn't turn the ball over much. Plus, Brady is trying to show off Gronk more than ever. There are a lot of mouths to feed, more than last year, with less volume than last year. I don't think Godwin has the upside that he did last year. I'm still high on his talent, but for fantasy, I want to try to get another play maker that has more upside.

Edited by mvttchew
15 minutes ago, aiyahrockla said:

Yeah if that's the case I'd hold CMC. How many keepers?

2 keepers. Maybe I can try swinging CMC for davante Adams and swift then swing Robinson and Godwin for Henry. 

Edited by mvttchew

Agree with trying for offer 3 first. But offer 1 looks solid too. CMC is/was consensus #1, but new offense and only one way to go from there. He’s got youth on his side but you do have depth there. Keeper league wise it would be awesome to keep Thomas and Henry if you can swing both deals. 
thx for mine!

#1 looks good to me but if it’s a keeper league that’s much tougher. I’d probably keep CMC. 

#3 is risky because it guts your WR depth but from a value standpoint I like it. Would probably pull the trigger. 

Edited by MingusDew