NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones for Lamar Jackson?

Thinking of trading Lamar away for RJo, just worried about LF. This is a small 8 person league with 2 qbs, my others are Mahomes and Burrow. My other rbs are mixon, gordon, Lindsay, white. 
I think I should pull the trigger, logic says RJo earned the workload even with LF but Arians scares me. What do you guys think?

You could probably do better, but I'm very high on RoJo. This will be an unpopular opinion potentially, but it's the correct one. Leonard Fournette shouldn't threaten anyone ever. He's not even overrated. He's just plain bad. His yards per touch numbers during his "breakout" last year were abysmal. He was a benefactor of getting an obscene amount of volume in that Minshew led offense, and I don't see any possible way Fournette unseats him after what he's done these past two weeks.

2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

You can get any of the elite RB's for Lamar. And ROJO isn't one of them. 

Theres no way i should be able to get an elite RB for Lamar imo. With all the RB injuries out there finding a solid starter is scarce. Not to mention baltimores Oline is not what it was last year, i dont think Lamar can repeat even close to last years production. 

I'm trying to get Jonathan Taylor instead but might have to settle for RJo. My teams 2-4 so I feel like i need to mix things up and try to win now. 
Lamar is on bye this week, followed by Pit, Ind, NE, Ten and Pit again. Thats a rough stretch.

RJo gets LV this week, followed by NYG, NO, Car... a much more favorable run. 

I think I'm just gonna do it unless somebody can talk me out of it :D

It's not a horrible deal but I'm still not sold on RoJo. I would think you'd be able to do a little better.

That said, if that offense continues to improve and RoJo is getting 20 touches a week at that point it's probably a great deal. Little risky though. 

In a 2 QB league this is a terrible trade for you.  RoJo is not a difference maker in an 8-teamer.  In a 2 QB league Jackson is essentially a fringe first-round pick at the moment.  (He was a high first round pick in 2 QB a while back but the shine is off him a bit.)  If you were drafting in a 2 QB league now - worst case scenario he'd be like QB4 which would be about 12th to 16th pick overall.  So think of like Jacobs, Mixon, Conner, Carson, etc. type value in trade.  RoJo doesn't even pass the smell test.

https://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/828758-have-mixon-and-gio-start-scott-tonight-or-hold-out-and-hope-mixon-plays/

28 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

In a 2 QB league this is a terrible trade for you.  RoJo is not a difference maker in an 8-teamer.  In a 2 QB league Jackson is essentially a fringe first-round pick at the moment.  (He was a high first round pick in 2 QB a while back but the shine is off him a bit.)  If you were drafting in a 2 QB league now - worst case scenario he'd be like QB4 which would be about 12th to 16th pick overall.  So think of like Jacobs, Mixon, Conner, Carson, etc. type value in trade.  RoJo doesn't even pass the smell test.

https://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/828758-have-mixon-and-gio-start-scott-tonight-or-hold-out-and-hope-mixon-plays/

I helped, GL!