NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who are your playoff must-haves?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to have pretty deep benches or a commanding lead to be stashing defenses with week 15/16 in mind as we are in the middle of bye weeks.   Teams that are picking up an extra defense for

Alcohol. 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, Cleanface said:

Is SEA a legit pickup bc of their playoff schedule?? 

Seattle D/ST is legit because most of their DBs have either been Out or playing hurt and should be back healthy by then.  They have great linebackers in Wagner and Wright, and top draft pick Jordyn Brooks is emerging.  Carlos Dunlap has also been playing well giving them a pass rush they didn't have before. 

5 hours ago, D-dub said:

Seattle D/ST is legit because most of their DBs have either been Out or playing hurt and should be back healthy by then.  They have great linebackers in Wagner and Wright, and top draft pick Jordyn Brooks is emerging.  Carlos Dunlap has also been playing well giving them a pass rush they didn't have before. 

Thanks!  Good to know.  So they should eat v NYJ & NYG 13/14??  I have CLE who plays NYJ & NYG 15/16 haha.  Might have a 4 game stretch v those two teams if I get SEA 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, Cleanface said:

Thanks!  Good to know.  So they should eat v NYJ & NYG 13/14??  I have CLE who plays NYJ & NYG 15/16 haha.  Might have a 4 game stretch v those two teams if I get SEA 

I have Cleveland too, but I'm a little worried that they may no longer be a must start Week 15 and 16. Totally burned me against the Jags, but hopefully the defense will be healthier Week 15. Started Murray and Cleveland D last week gave me a brutal loss and is likely going to make lose out on a bye... so...

What defense are best for Week 14? How do people feel about Titans D/ST against Jacksonville?

53 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I have Cleveland too, but I'm a little worried that they may no longer be a must start Week 15 and 16. Totally burned me against the Jags, but hopefully the defense will be healthier Week 15. Started Murray and Cleveland D last week gave me a brutal loss and is likely going to make lose out on a bye... so...

What defense are best for Week 14? How do people feel about Titans D/ST against Jacksonville?

Week 14 the Seahawks are legit and the best option. Other good options are the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams.

I think the Seahawks are basically useless after Week 14, whereas the other three have solid Week 15 matchups.

1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

Week 14 the Seahawks are legit and the best option. Other good options are the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams.

I think the Seahawks are basically useless after Week 14, whereas the other three have solid Week 15 matchups.

None of these are available in my league.

Sadly I think Titans may be my best Week 14 option.

Besides the obvious studs with good schedules I have a few:

JK Dobbins- I’ve been off on Dobbins all year and avoided him, but now I think is the perfect time to go get him before playoffs. Ravens in must win mode now, already showed he was beginning to take off in his last game, and Edwards looked awful while they gave Justice Hill snaps (which I think bodes well for Dobbins).

Michael Thomas- I know I know, Taysom is in and he just has a dud against Denver but hear me out. He’s had 12 & 6 targets from Taysom on 23 and 16 attempts, that’s a 50% & 30+% target share in the 2 games which is ridiculous. When Denver lose their QB’s the entire game plan changed and Hill admitted he was conservative and missed some throws by overthinking it afraid he would turn the ball over. Thomas’s value is extremely low right now and the offense is going to have to score more the next 2 games against Atl & Philly. I expect Drew back week 15, you would have MT with Drew in rounds 2 & 3 of playoffs against KC and Minnesota. Go get him if you can!

Mark Andrews- Boyle is out and the ravens schedule looks nice with Andrew’s being the #1, as earlier stated they are in must win mode and will pepper Mark with targets.

Rams Seahawks & 49ers defenses are all great adds.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Eh.

Seahawks lead the league in sacks last 3 weeks and have really stepped up on defense. I don’t see how they’re useless against the WFT and the Rams have been really struggling with Goff being a turnover machine. 

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Eh.

Seahawks lead the league in sacks last 3 weeks and have really stepped up on defense. I don’t see how they’re useless against the WFT and the Rams have been really struggling with Goff being a turnover machine. 

I had a brain fart here. Totally agree that that WFT is a good matchup in Week 15. The Rams are tough for me, but if SEA proves that their pass rush is legit over the next few games then maybe they can get Goff uncomfortable (which is when he falls apart).

Has there been any news on the injury to Dunlap? That's pretty material (IMO) when it comes to how good SEA def will play.

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Breshad Perriman won me two leagues last year. Could he be the guy again this year? Yes the Jets are the Jets but Perriman has quietly been solid the last few weeks. The next four weeks he gets the Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, and Cleveland. I bet he can do some damage. 

I think both he and Mims are interesting adds. The problem is that the Jets can't score and are blatantly tanking for last place. Reduces both guys to low-ceiling plays.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MingusDew said:

I had a brain fart here. Totally agree that that WFT is a good matchup in Week 15. The Rams are tough for me, but if SEA proves that their pass rush is legit over the next few games then maybe they can get Goff uncomfortable (which is when he falls apart).

Has there been any news on the injury to Dunlap? That's pretty material (IMO) when it comes to how good SEA def will play.

Carroll pulls injury updates out of his a**. He didn’t practice yesterday so who knows what’s going on.

16 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Dude with the Steelers DEF in my league just dropped Cardinals DEF... jumping on that! LOL