NBC Sports EDGE Forums

TRADE: Michael Thomas Receive: Nick Chubb

FitzMagic

I... guess I would take this? Kind of a gross trade all around. Chubb will still be out a few more weeks. Personally I wouldn't give up Thomas for Chubb if they were both healthy and playing, and Chubb's injury seems worse... that said I don't know what to expect from MT at this point. At least with Chubb you can be semi-confident that he'll return around week 10. I don't have any MT shares this year, so I haven't followed him that closely—just seems like there has been a new setback every week. But looking at your roster you would probably want to immediately follow this up by trading one of your RBs for another WR unless you feel confident in Kupp/Higgins/Sanders as your starters.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Michael Thomas for Nick Chubb?

I wouldn't do it. Even with the set back I think we see Thomas WEEKS before we see Chubb. The only exception would be is if your team is 4-2 or 5-1 and you're trying to gear up for the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I wouldn't do it. Even with the set back I think we see Thomas WEEKS before we see Chubb. The only exception would be is if your team is 4-2 or 5-1 and you're trying to gear up for the playoffs. 

Dude, I'm 8th place (2-4) and have the top scoring team in a 12-team. It is ridiculous because I've also faced the 2nd highest point total to date. You are probably right, he could be the difference for me if he ever gets on the field. That's just what I worry about though is Thomas being out longer and then it won't make a difference.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Dude, I'm 8th place (2-4) and have the top scoring team in a 12-team. It is ridiculous because I've also faced the 2nd highest point total to date. You are probably right, he could be the difference for me if he ever gets on the field. That's just what I worry about though is Thomas being out longer and then it won't make a difference.

...if only there was a way to play fantasy defense (sigh). Don't make the trade. I know the urge is to blow things up, but trading for injured players (or a more injured player in this case) isn't going to help. I personally think Thomas will play this week. 

• Like 1