NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trayveon Williams 2020 Outlook

Anyone think he's worth a dart throw in case the Bengals want to keep Gio in his regular role? I know Samaje Perine is there too but maybe they would like to see what they have in Williams.

Edited by MetsSox

As a start week 7, no. As a deep league stash, definitely, especially if you think Mixon is at risk to miss substantial time. 

To give you an idea of how deep a league we're talking about though, I just stashed him in a deep dynasty league where like 80+ RBs are owned. In 12- or 14-team redraft with standard bench sizes I doubt I'd bother. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if you are looking for a bye week filler go with Gio. Long term? Ab-so-frickin'-lutely rather have Trayveon. Bengals have given the highest usage to one back in league in Mixon I believe.

They use Gio for a pass catching role which he is great at. However, we know he sucks between the tackles. Perine is a plodder and primarily used on game day for special teams purposes which is why he is active over Trayveon.

Trayveon will be 100% active this Sunday because they finally have need for his skill set. Do not forget this kid led all of the SEC in rushing yards just last year.

This reminds me and is very similar to JaMychal Hasty's situation in SF. The difference is there is a lot more certainty as to how long Mostert will be out. With Mixon there has been little to no information, which really makes me wonder about the severity. If any news leaks he is out for a prolonged stretch you could have yourself a gem here. 

16 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah, if you are looking for a bye week filler go with Gio. Long term? Ab-so-frickin'-lutely rather have Trayveon. Bengals have given the highest usage to one back in league in Mixon I believe.

They use Gio for a pass catching role which he is great at. However, we know he sucks between the tackles. Perine is a plodder and primarily used on game day for special teams purposes which is why he is active over Trayveon.

Trayveon will be 100% active this Sunday because they finally have need for his skill set. Do not forget this kid led all of the SEC in rushing yards just last year.

This reminds me and is very similar to JaMychal Hasty's situation in SF. The difference is there is a lot more certainty as to how long Mostert will be out. With Mixon there has been little to no information, which really makes me wonder about the severity. If any news leaks he is out for a prolonged stretch you could have yourself a gem here. 

The Bengals also might bring up Jacque Patrick from the practice squad

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I would guess James Robinson on that one. 

• 1 month later...