NBC Sports Edge Forums

First superflex dynasty league, QB strategy? How many QBs is necessary?

I only have two QBs (Watson and Burrow) and my third QB recently picked up a week ago- Alex Smith. Yup, it's that bare.

Is it worth holding onto Smith or can I drop him for an upside skill position?

Also just realized Smith and one of my other QBs share the same bye, so even if Alex takes over, it wouldn't help me the week Watson has a bye. 

(Funny to mention, before I joined a superflex league, I assumed if your main QBs have a bye, and you didnt have a 3rd QB, you have to eat a zero, but quickly found out we can just play a skill position RB/WR/TE instead. Some guy in our league only has 1 QB and has been playing like this all year, but his record is pretty bad)

In my super flex league we have a team that is 6-0 with 1QB. He has Winston and Jordan Love but neither of those guys have played, so I think you can do it with one QB. If you have the bench space to keep Smith, I would. You just have to play the best match-up in that flex spot. But this is just how I would do it.

• Like 1