NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

2 hours ago, dfstout said:

WRs:

Fixin for a bowl of Higgy pudding! 🥣Please sir may I have some mo'? Rashard Higgins will fix your Odellemma you are having. Higgys 6 rec 110 yards in Beckham's absence makes for an enticing scoop. Baker fed him til he's full...😋

The Allegory of the Alligator named Agholor: gather round 🔥and let me tell you of a tale about an Alligator named Agholor who snapped off his opponents crowns with one big day.... he waded in the moats of a dry deserted land and one by one each week his patience was his plan...and slowly he did dare to rise above to catch his prey 🏈 and so he did what he set out to do upon this fateful day. Snap him up! 🐊

Go to thee and find thy Shepard's flock bountiful! 🐑🐑🐑Make A Sterling decision to join Shepard's flock ... not a  baaaaa-d welcome baaaaaa-ck party he haaaad...ok no more sheep jokes...swipe the Sterling n get outta there.

RBs:

If some how??? 🙃🥸🤯🤔🤫

Jamaal Williams is available 👹

Gus Edwards is available 🐁

Chase Edmonds is available 🚗🚗

Gio Bernard 🐶

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Seek Hyde: Carlos is the leading man with Carson going down, so find Carlos Hyde and run away with the game of fantasy friend beating 💓 👥

Hasty decision is finally made? J-Mike Hasty looked like the tasty scoop and then Jeff Wilson dominated and then got hurt and now Hasty is a tasty scoop once more...🍨go 9ers!

TEs:

Harrass your opponent with Harrison Bryant...newest TE for the Browns...Baker ♥s Harrison Bryant in 🔥📛👨‍🚒 redzone...2 tds...

QB doo 🐝 dooooooos: 🐶

👨‍🍳Baker baked up a victory

Minshew Maniacs of the 🌎unite

🧸B balled out

STOUT DEFENSES:

Chiefs gets Jets next 😋

Buffalo 🐃 

Chargers 🌩lots of sprite

Nice kicks! 👟👟Kickers!

Bass Master schooled all you fishes 🐟🐠🎏🎣🐡🍥🐟🐠🎏...wowzers 22 fantasy points ...Bills whole offense was TBass...hook him!

🥞🦬 should be fantasy stats...happy 🏈to all and 2 alll footbaaallll!

Edwards over Dobbins?

1 hour ago, dschddny said:

Damien Harris worth adding?

I think so, but keep in mind his low floor in that Patriots offense. But with Matchups against the Texans and the Jets in the next couple weeks he could be in store for a couple RB2 type games. 

3 hours ago, dfstout said:

Hoops out this next week too...and w lil production might get Wally Pipped...

I doubt that but anything is possible I guess. Bryant has been around all year and Hooper was getting more & more targets each game until he got sick. Possible it goes back to an ugly 50/50 split where neither is usable though

1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

I just don’t see chase carrying a full workload without getting hurt. His role may be increased but he’s not gonna get 90% of the carries. 

Just being on the field more is huge cause he is such a great pass catcher.

Though I just read that Drakes injury not as bad as feared so maybe hyde and edmonds closer than I thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Hoping he's still available after waivers go through. Don't really feel like putting a claim in on him lol

Same I’d feel better if there was an update tomorrow on him coming off ir. holding to many players could hurt you 

1 minute ago, rasto21585 said:

Any chance he might be ready for week 8?

He could but in the TE wasteland, I suggest grabbing him now if you have the bench spot. 

Wentz needs weapons, and getting goedert back will help. D Jax is out again. 

reagor is set to return and Jeffrey comes back at some point. 

people probably sleeping in him through waivers

Completely wrong about my take on Antonio Brown last week. Didn't think a team would take on Mr. Big Chest's diva persona, but sometimes talent trumps all. With an injury-ravaged Week 7 and byes approaching here is a list of Week 8 and onwards pickups. Most player listed below have an ownership below 35% on Yahoo.

QB

Teddy Bridgewater - Streamer. With high profile QBs like Murray and Watson on bye this week, Bridgewater is a serviceable filler, as he plays the terrible ATL defense this TNF. 

Tua Tagovailoa - While I don't like the matchup vs Rams and Cardinals next two weeks, Tua has that unknown upside that fantasy players love to gamble on. His mobility should give him some value as a rusher. If you need a QB replacement or want to gamble on a bye-week filler, Tua is definitely worth a stash.

RB

Sterling Shepherd - Shepherd posted a solid 6/59/1TD on 8 targets in his first game back from injury. While, Slayton is the big play WR for Giants, Shepherd is the safety blanket. Like I said last week, I would not be surprised if he leads the Giants in receptions moving forward. He needs to be owned in most leagues. Treat him as a low-end WR3 in PPR leagues. 

Cole Beasley - 41% owned, Beasley is Mr. Ol Reliable. While he won't go bonkers for 11 catches for 112 yards again, he is Josh Allen's checkdown option. With John Brown's injury being worse than presumed, continue to treat Beasley as a WR3

Denzel Mims - The secound round rookie made his debut posting a respectable 4/42 on 7 targets. While the Jets are atrocious and Jamison Crowder was out, Mims has some appeal given his size, speed, and draft pedigree. Breshad Perriman is in the concussion protocol, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mims firmly takes hold of the starting outside WR job for the season. Treat him as a WR4 with upside in standard leagues. 

Preston Williams - While he has been TD dependent for season, the change in QB to Tua may spark his value. Williams may be in for sneaky solid game vs Rams, if Ramsey shadows Parker. 

Rashard Higgins/Donovan People-Jones - With OBJ out for the season, both Browns WRs stepped up and put up numbers vs Bengals. Higgins seemingly is the safer pickup, given his route running ability and familiarity with this team. However, the rookie People-Jones is more intruiging given his pedigree (being a former 5-star recruit) and athleticisim. This Browns offense is hardly good enough to support even two WRs, given their run-heavy approach and constant involvement of TEs, but Higgins and People-Jones are worth stashing. 

Nelson Agholor - Well hated in the fantasy community, Agholor is a Gruden favorite. He posted his first 100+ game this season, and has scored in 3 straight weeks. It's not entirely ridiculous to think that Agholor is OAK #1 WR moving forward. 

RB

JaMycal Hasty/Tevin Coleman - It is anyone's guess as to who the workhorse or lead back in this 49er RB committee will be. One thing that is clear is that whoever that guy is, for that given week, that RB will put up atleast RB2 numbers, evident by Jeff Wilson's performance. Hasty was the next man up after Wilson's injury, but that may not be the situation again if Coleman is healthy. There is no clarity in this backfield, but if you are RB needy either one of these guys are good pickups, given their potential upside. 

La'Mical Perine - Jets are terrible and Gore outrushed Perine by a good margin, but Perine seems to be good for atleast 10 touches a game moving forward. His main appeal is the usage in the passing game, were Gore is non-existent and Jets figure to be behind just about every game. Treat him as a low-end RB3 moving forward. 

Carlos Hyde/DeeJay Dallas - Given the vague injury status on Chris Carson, Hyde is an easy plug-and-play RB2 if Carson misses any time. However, Hyde himself is apparantely nursing a hamstring injury, which as of now puts his Week 8 status in doubt. Dallas is unknown as a rusher, but is looking like a respectable 3rd down back, boosting his value. 

Wayne Gallman Jr. - Dependent on Devonta Freeman's status. Gallman Jr posted 10/34/1TD in relief on Freeman on TNF. Despite the stats, he actually displayed some good burst and vision. If Freeman misses another game, Gallman will be an low-end RB2 option, who may have the potential to be the starting RB for the season, if he has a good game. 

TE

Trey Burton - The best pass catching TE on an extremely TE friendly offense. Burton can offer sneaky TE1 production for the season, given Rivers affinity targeting TEs and the terrible landscape of TE itself. 

Harrison Bryant - The rookie TE went off for 4/56/2TDs in the absence of Austin Hooper. His value is dependent on if Hooper misses another game (which is looking likely as of today). If so, fire up Bryant as a low-end TE1 one more week. 

Albert Okwueugbunam - "Big O" was the only respectable Broncos pass catcher vs Chiefs. The former college teammate of Drew Lock posted 7/70 receiving on 7 targets. However, his main appeal is that Fant and Tim Patrick got hurt. If Fant misses Week 8, Okwueugbunam offers sneaky appeal, as he has seen 13 targets combined past two games. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic