NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miles? Emmanuel? Colonel?

WRs: Fixin for a bowl of Higgy pudding! 🥣Please sir may I have some mo'? Rashard Higgins will fix your Odellemma you are having. Higgys 6 rec 110 yards in Beckham's absence makes for an enticing

Buy low: Miles Drop: Emmanuel Buy high: Colonel    

Just now, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Dare we try Scotty Miller again?

Scotty is a great plug and play this week with Godwin out!  Just keep in mind that he expires after this week with the return of AB and then possibly Godwin back as well.

Do you like Dez with Bmore?

14 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Scotty is a great plug and play this week with Godwin out!  Just keep in mind that he expires after this week with the return of AB and then possibly Godwin back as well.

Do you like Dez with Bmore?

I’m betting he’s washed, but we’ll see.

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

What about Tyler Johnson (WR Bucs)? 

He should get more PT with Godwin back on the shelf (UGH!!!). 

TD's in back to back games, and he had 6 targets just a few weeks ago. 

14+ team WW tout right here......i like it for those in deep leagues #GoBucs once AB is up to speed tho its adios

Edited by kmoore1521
36 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Dare we try Scotty Miller again?

I can't bring myself to it.  I've played him twice this year - Week 2 and Week 5.  Both times Godwin was out I believe.  I can't do it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dallas almost got Wilson killed when he whiffed a block. I’m curious if Seattle brings in another back they most likely have to but with covid testing it has to happen soon 

not that RW is the most trust worthy source, but

Seahawks RB Carlos Hyde is dealing with hamstring tightness and is uncertain to play Week 8 against the 49ers. 

Hyde joins Seattle's backfield injury report with Chris Carson, who's week to week with a mid-foot sprain, and Travis Homer, who has a bruised knee. That leaves rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy running back on the roster. Rashaad Penny is recovering from a knee injury and won't be available anytime soon. The Seahawks may be unable to bring in running back reinforcements in time to play the Niners, thanks to COVID-19 testing protocols for incoming players. Dallas could be the default workhorse back for Seattle in Week 8. He should be picked up in all leagues. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dallas almost got Wilson killed when he whiffed a block. I’m curious if Seattle brings in another back they most likely have to but with covid testing it has to happen soon 

Beast Mode?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

Beast Mode?

The thought of this just brightened my day. After going through most of 2020 I think we all deserve to see Beast Mode back in the NFL truck sticking defenders and chomping on skittles. 

1 hour ago, affliction said:

Rough situation for Seattle.  I'm not sure Russ is going to get much help blocking from his RB's since they're all injured.  Dallas appears to be the pickup, might be a decent play, but he can't block for his QB from what I've seen.  

Some randoms and deeper league options that I didn't notice mentioned... 

Tim Patrick is still pretty widely available - had a down week this week but is still plenty involved and Lock seems to be locking on to him (I'll let you work your magic @dfstout, don't want to step on any toes). Had a hamstring this past week but reports are that it's minor and he's day-to-day

Jaylen Guyton (LAC) isn't getting a ton of targets, but he's doing work with them - on 12 targets this season, he's gone 8/258/3. With Allen and Williams seemingly trading injury weeks and Herbert playing like a man possessed, you could do worse as far as WR3s. 

I saw a few people mention, but am afraid most may be sleeping on Lamical Perine. Yes, I know, he's on the Jets, but there aren't too many free/cheap running backs out there being handed a 60%+ snap share midseason. Gore is obviously not going anywhere, and Gase is obviously a nob, but they like the kid and want to see what he can do - could be an incredibly solid low-end RB2/Flex.

For the TE-desperate, keep an eye on Logan Thomas - I know he's been on a lot of pickup articles and been mentioned a lot this season and not produced. I'm guilty of picking him up and dropping him at least a half dozen times. But he's still being used as essentially the de facto WR2 in Washington, and he has a much better connection with Allen than he does with Haskins, going 3/42/1 and 4/60/1 the last two weeks. He's on Bye this week, so you may be able to sneak him onto the end of your bench for free. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Some randoms and deeper league options that I didn't notice mentioned... 

Tim Patrick is still pretty widely available - had a down week this week but is still plenty involved and Lock seems to be locking on to him (I'll let you work your magic @dfstout, don't want to step on any toes). Had a hamstring this past week but reports are that it's minor and he's day-to-day

Jaylen Guyton (LAC) isn't getting a ton of targets, but he's doing work with them - on 12 targets this season, he's gone 8/258/3. With Allen and Williams seemingly trading injury weeks and Herbert playing like a man possessed, you could do worse as far as WR3s. 

I saw a few people mention, but am afraid most may be sleeping on Lamical Perine. Yes, I know, he's on the Jets, but there aren't too many free/cheap running backs out there being handed a 60%+ snap share midseason. Gore is obviously not going anywhere, and Gase is obviously a nob, but they like the kid and want to see what he can do - could be an incredibly solid low-end RB2/Flex.

For the TE-desperate, keep an eye on Logan Thomas - I know he's been on a lot of pickup articles and been mentioned a lot this season and not produced. I'm guilty of picking him up and dropping him at least a half dozen times. But he's still being used as essentially the de facto WR2 in Washington, and he has a much better connection with Allen than he does with Haskins, going 3/42/1 and 4/60/1 the last two weeks. He's on Bye this week, so you may be able to sneak him onto the end of your bench for free. 

lol good looks on the shoutout man...all good and I see you Locked in!....btw biiiig fan of the Guyton tout... man he could be speial if they just gave that Guy-a-ton of targets! Big fan of this whole writeup ...some sneaky good moves. 

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, affliction said:

Great point, my enthusiasm rests on the fact that they can't bring someone in actually! Read that today... 

DeeJay gets the stage, Dallas might just be the lone star 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, RickieWeeksFanForLife said:

Fournette worth a #1 waiver?

Depends on the size of your league but I'd say if a guy ought to have been drafted/remained rostered and he's sitting there, then the answer is yes. 

2 hours ago, mjb said:

Rough situation for Seattle.  I'm not sure Russ is going to get much help blocking from his RB's since they're all injured.  Dallas appears to be the pickup, might be a decent play, but he can't block for his QB from what I've seen.  

What's weird is he was considered one of the better pass protection backs coming out of college. 

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

I still don't understand why the Lamical Gangster has such low ownership.  I've been banging the drum for him for like a month.

He did nothing in college. Didn't catch balls in college. Had a forgettable combine. Hasn't done anything remotely noteworthy at this level. And plays for the worst team in football. My guess is that has something to do with it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic