NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

2 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Blankenship

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Blankenship if dropped already, bullock and Koo if they get dropped in next couple weeks would be my targets  

He's been good so far, for sure. But, word to the wise; check out his ROS match-up's. 

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

He's been good so far, for sure. But, word to the wise; check out his ROS match-up's. 

I actually like Carlson if he's available ROS. Lots of high scoring kicker games already against just about every team they play.

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

The Colts average 3.0 FG attempts per game, which is tops in the NFL. I'm not worried about any match-ups.  I'm thankful that his QB is the good-but-not-good-enough Rivers.  He can move the ball into striking distance but can't consistently get the ball into the end zone.  That's all that matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Well, they were talking about kickers so I meant the one that kicks.

Ahh, yes. Jason then. 

Yeah, I really like his ROS after this week, and think Tua should be good enough to give him plenty of FG opportunities on top of 1-2 PAT's a game on average. 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:17 PM, KennyWoo said:

40 receptions his last year in college!

On 10/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, Flyman75 said:

That is incorrect. 

On 10/28/2020 at 6:48 AM, kmoore1521 said:

Caught a lot of balls his senior year, I think only behind CEH, Eno and the Memphis RB, there might have been one other low tier school RB in there as well, Jets should be behind a lot helping his outlook especially in PPR

Thx for the correction. I had 10 and 13 in my head, but those were soph/junior. Not sure if I didn't scroll down all the way or just misremembered. 

Either way, that definitely matters. Being a proficient pass catcher on a bad team gives you significantly more value. I can somewhat understand the attraction now. Lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Thx for the correction. I had 10 and 13 in my head, but those were soph/junior. Not sure if I didn't scroll down all the way or just misremembered. 

Either way, that definitely matters. Being a proficient pass catcher on a bad team gives you significantly more value. I can somewhat understand the attraction now. Lol. 

An honest mistake respectfully pointed out and then acknowledged as part of the friendly exchange of ideas.  I tip my hat to you, sir.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Jacoby Meyers a good pickup... can be a high upside WR3... I like him over Harry, who is questionable 

This. They’re running out of bodies. Don’t expect him to put up anything above WR3 numbers, but he’s a solid streaming option this week.

Also that username makes me feel old, great choice

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CooL said:

The Colts average 3.0 FG attempts per game, which is tops in the NFL. I'm not worried about any match-ups.  I'm thankful that his QB is the good-but-not-good-enough Rivers.  He can move the ball into striking distance but can't consistently get the ball into the end zone.  That's all that matters.

Exactly, you want good but not great offenses. At least in the RZ area.

+ Colts have a great defense, that's a major plus for a kicker.

I have Butker in another league and all the Chiefs do is score touchdowns. 

So I'm loving Blankenship's situation, regardless of tough matchups on the horizon. 

24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Exactly, you want good but not great offenses. At least in the RZ area.

+ Colts have a great defense, that's a major plus for a kicker.

I have Butker in another league and all the Chiefs do is score touchdowns. 

So I'm loving Blankenship's situation, regardless of tough matchups on the horizon. 

Duh why do you think Randy Bullock has the most points on the friggin Bengals...

19 hours ago, CooL said:

Where did you find out this information?  this is gold

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic