NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nelson Agholor 2020 Outlook

I think I'm rolling the dice on him as well due to some other injuries and bad matchups on my team. Without Ruggs he is going to see his fair share of targets and big play opportunities...I see their defense not being able to contain the Chargers and the Raiders should be forced to throw a lot. I'm a little nervous about his inconsistent production, but he's got about a 50/50 chance of hitting for a good game in my opinion. Definitely a boom/bust flex type of guy that you just have to hope you played on the right week. Good luck to all of us taking the plunge!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From an internet laughing stock in philly to a respectable WR2/WR3. Oh how far we have come.    

11/123/1 incoming. 🚬

Posted Images

These are the snap counts by week for nelson agholor. Looks like first two weeks he was barely part of the offense, he has more snaps at wr than anyone else. without ruggs i assume his snap count goes up into the 70-80 range again.

19%
19%
85%
91%
79%
78%
78%
84%
60%
75%
67%
67%
66%
Edited by stevekerr01
  • Like 2
On 12/16/2020 at 4:19 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

11/123/1 incoming.

🚬

It's a Thursday night game so I wouldn't be surprised if it's more along the lines of 5/55/0.  But with Ruggs out, I'm willing to gamble and start him.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Sucks Carr went down hurt his value a lot

Things were looking good to start too, then all downhill from there. Can't believe I started this guy in the semi finals...didn't feel good about it but seemed like the stars were aligning for a good game. Mariota played great but he wasn't good for Agholor. There were a couple big throws that I think Carr would have connected on.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

He was looking great before Carr went out and then he bent back his Pinky. The process was there..

He is a waiver-wire-replaceable talent who found himself in a good situation coming into this game, yes. And also, yes - his situation drastically deteriorated with Carr getting injured and leaving the game. And while I'm not faulting anyone for rolling him out there based on situation and their other options - it's also pretty clear why this thread is 3 pages.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Proteus said:

Is dude going to be legit/rostered in 2021 drafts or is he going to be just a serviceable jag we grabbed off waivers for a stretch or two in 2020?

These are all Agholor's yardages plotted by date:

image.png.e86aca648b115913411ebf01ef82c80d.png

I would say that in 2015/2016 he was a JAG. this season he had 3 100+ yard games and he has 8 TD on the season. All in all he's in the WR3 range over 2020, so he's finally getting it I think. No stud, but no scrub either.

• Thanks 1