• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh wow. 20,000 posts.  Who would have ever thought. What better way to commemorate this moment in Sports Edge Forum history than getting back to my roots, Kevin Gausman.  For years I was ridiculed by

Took like 17  years to get here, but we're here.

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/the-big-kevin-gausman-breakout-has-arrived-a-review/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lots of teams looking for SP every year. Gausman and Musgrove are the darlings to reach for in 2021. As Clint Eastwood would say "how lucky are you feeling punk?". Worth a gamble for sure but not ever going to turn into a top tier SP. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, BCMarch10 said:

Lots of teams looking for SP every year. Gausman and Musgrove are the darlings to reach for in 2021. As Clint Eastwood would say "how lucky are you feeling punk?". Worth a gamble for sure but not ever going to turn into a top tier SP. 

why can’t he turn into a top tier SP?

Kevin Gausman looks like an ace to me. He's also in a 1 year deal and I do not think he will be babied this year because of it. Should have plenty of opportunities to pitch late in games which I don't think many starters will have this year.

I bought shares of this guy like 5 seasons in a row and he went nowhere, first time someone reaches for him in the draft and he turns into a stud. Nice to see another Orioles pitcher make it out though. Between Bundy, Gausman, and Arrieta, its very clear the Os pitching development derailed some good young arms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Baloo said:

I bought shares of this guy like 5 seasons in a row and he went nowhere, first time someone reaches for him in the draft and he turns into a stud. Nice to see another Orioles pitcher make it out though. Between Bundy, Gausman, and Arrieta, its very clear the Os pitching development derailed some good young arms.

So hopefully a John Means trade is imminent 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Brock has single handedly turned this man into a legitimate front of the rotation monster. How'd you do it Brock???

Seriously though, im having a hard time thinking of 12 SP I'd rather have on my fantasy team. For me, he's near the top of the sub-ace tier that includes Glasnow, Lynn, Flaherty, Woodruff, Musgrove. Just behind guys like  Giolito/Burnes/Nola and ahead of the Castillo/Snell tier.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mek711 said:

His splitter looking like a top 10 pitch in baseball.

What metric are we using to determine this. Mostly because the list would only have one or two contenders 

1 minute ago, Smallball said:

What metric are we using to determine this. Mostly because the list would only have one or two contenders 

only using my old school eye test, but i'd love to see some data to back it up. 

COVID IL - vaccine side effects.

There is no minimum stay on Covid IL. He takes the mound v. San Diego this weekend.

Likely a procedural move, get an extra player for double header and the next couple days.

I don't personally know anybody who had vaccine side effects for more than 2 days. I had minor side effects for 1 day.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin Gausman is proof that miracles and God do in fact exist.  

Couldn't get the shutout, but a crazy dominant game and he's in the Cy Young race right now.

8.0 IP | 5 H | 0 ER | 0 BB | 12 SO 

7R6f6D2.png

yv97MHd.png

tE0DMe2.png

Tl4thCd.png

BWuiRBJ.png

2vGamcA.png

8sjqVJc.png

4SExLMH.png

And I never will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ho hum... just another ace-like performance against the second best offense in the National League. In addition, his 1.06 ERA and .65 WHIP over the last 34 innings might be considered good in some circles.

• Like 4