NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kevin Gausman 2021 Outlook

brockpapersizer

Anyone starting him tonight?.  My prediction- he gives up 3 walks and 3 runs in the first inning.  Settles down a little and then gives up a couple more runs and is pulled before the 4th.  Rinse and repeat from here on out.  Thanks for the memories and carrying many of our teams to the playoffs though.  For that reason, I can’t get too upset.

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Anyone starting him tonight?.  My prediction- he gives up 3 walks and 3 runs in the first inning.  Settles down a little and then gives up a couple more runs and is pulled before the 4th.  Rinse and repeat from here on out.  Thanks for the memories and carrying many of our teams to the playoffs though.  For that reason, I can’t get too upset.

gotta role with him.  the k's upside vs a fairly week zona lineup is too much to pass on.  certainly do not feel confidant about it though...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, herschel said:

gotta role with him.  the k's upside vs a fairly week zona lineup is too much to pass on.  certainly do not feel confidant about it though...

this.  unless Brock tells me otherwise im starting

6 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

If he can't dominate The AZ line up then he is toast. We need the 1st half  pitcher back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mks said:

If he can't dominate The AZ line up then he is toast. We need the 1st half  pitcher back.

We need a quality start at the least..ARI lineup is pathetic this is as easy a matchup as you get. Perhaps he can regain his mojo!

Edited by Redphan

9 minutes ago, Redphan said:

We need a quality start at the least..ARI lineup is pathetic this is as easy a matchup as you get. Perhaps he can regain his mojo!

Anything less then 7 full innings 2 er or less, 10 Ks or more  and a win is failure IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mks said:

Anything less then 7 full innings 2 er or less, 10 Ks or more  and a win is failure IMO.

I'm not going to be greedy after the past few starts.  I'll just take a QS and this guy getting his confidence back in time for fantasy playoffs.

4 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I'm not going to be greedy after the past few starts.  I'll just take a QS and this guy getting his confidence back in time for fantasy playoffs.

Agreed, need SF offense to pick it up and lets get a W

12 minutes ago, Redphan said:

He couldn't do it, not even against awful ARI

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Its august we don't have time for confidence building starts anymore. Its money time now.

Edited by mks
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Not a bad start last night but he’s become meh.  Not efficient enough to get the QS.  So sad.

I think we are seeing and will continue to see playoff bound teams getting conservative with their aces. Gausman is needed for the Giants to go deep into the playoffs. A 5IP start and a win while conserving his innings is important from a real life baseball standpoint. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

I think we are seeing and will continue to see playoff bound teams getting conservative with their aces. Gausman is needed for the Giants to go deep into the playoffs. A 5IP start and a win while conserving his innings is important from a real life baseball standpoint. 

Perhaps - but 1st half Gausman would have been at like 65-70 pitches through 5 innings.  

1 minute ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Perhaps - but 1st half Gausman would have been at like 65-70 pitches through 5 innings.  

FHG had no kid and had sticky stuff