NBC Sports Edge Forums

AB + Edmonds for Cooper + Fuller WHIR

Was just offered this trade? Am I crazy to trade AB and Edmonds away before they even play a game/become the starter? Cooper worries me becuase of the QB situation and Fuller's health scares me, but could be a huge return for part time starter and question mark.

12 Team .5 PPR
QB - Herbert
RB - Cook, CEH
WR - Kupp, Higgins
FLEX - Sanders, Gibson
TE - Fant
D/ST - Chiefs
BN - Edmonds, Mattison, Bernard, AB, OBJ (dropping him for one of Ayiuk, Reagor, etc.)

You need a steady WR1, and both Cooper and Fuller have the ability to be just that.  Fuller, if healthy, has WR1 upside every week.  Dallas could be making some moves to bring in a new QB, which if it happens, would have to be an upgrade from the current situation.  Regardless, Cooper will be heavily targeted.  I don't think Edmonds is going to become the starter, and I also don't think AB is going to be any better than Cooper or Fuller in his current situation.  If I were in your shoes, I would do this trade....

43 minutes ago, Colonel Forbin said:

Was just offered this trade? Am I crazy to trade AB and Edmonds away before they even play a game/become the starter? Cooper worries me becuase of the QB situation and Fuller's health scares me, but could be a huge return for part time starter and question mark.

12 Team .5 PPR
QB - Herbert
RB - Cook, CEH
WR - Kupp, Higgins
FLEX - Sanders, Gibson
TE - Fant
D/ST - Chiefs
BN - Edmonds, Mattison, Bernard, AB, OBJ (dropping him for one of Ayiuk, Reagor, etc.)

Personally, I don't think you're crazy at all. Assuming the "Sanders" in your flex is Miles Sanders, then you have a strong RB corps, and can more than afford to deal Edmonds. Even if it's Emmanuel, I still think you're strong enough to deal him, especially considering your need for WRs. As long as Fuller is healthy, he's a WR1, imo. And Cooper has that talent level if the Cowboys can ever get their crap together. So yeah, I'd make the trade if I was in your position. 

Thoughts on mine? 

While I do like Edmonds and think he can make a case to start even when Drake is ready to return, I'd make the trade. I'm not expecting much out of AB and right now is probably the point at which his value is the highest, so might as well cash in. You have the RB depth that you don't need Edmonds, so bringing in Cooper and Fuller will greatly improve your WRs.

4 hours ago, Colonel Forbin said:

12 Team .5 PPR
QB - Herbert
RB - Cook, CEH
WR - Kupp, Higgins
FLEX - Sanders, Gibson
TE - Fant
D/ST - Chiefs

Is that M Sanders or E Sanders? If Miles, I think I would accept the trade. You have 4 solid RB, so getting 2 WR like Cooper & Fuller will definitely help your WR core. 

I am curious to see what AB does, but you need WR help. GL!