NBC Sports Edge Forums

Oof - Do I Do This? WHIR 100000%

12 Team Standard Scoring with 2 keepers

Sitting in 10th place due to bad luck at 2-5 (1st place is 5-2)

I was offered the following trade:

Give: Robinson (Bye) + Godwin (IR)

Receive: Zeke

Due to injuries and byes, I'm really considering this trade. Zeke's RoS is bleak, but not sure I can make play offs if I lose this week.

My roster:
RB: CMC (IR), Mixon (IR)
WR: Hopkins (Bye), Godwin (IR)
Flex: Robinson (Bye)
Bench: Boyd, Ruggs, Hasty, Kelley, Wilson Jr (IR)

Leave your link and I'll help.

9 minutes ago, Richc00 said:

I don’t mind it due to your situation, can you get a small WR upgrade out of them too?

Could try to ask for Green but idk if he’d take or if I would start at all since i have Boyd and Mixon already. 

Good lord, you weren't kidding about 'bad luck'... your team got 2020'd!  I think you've got to make this trade to have a shot at the playoffs. While Zeke's schedule is not the best, they are going to have to rethink their offense and lean on him. and CMC may be back this week so you could run Hasty at Flex. You'll also have an open roster spot, maybe there is a worthy waiver to grab as well? I just saw that Hyde has a hamstring issue and someone named DeeJay Dallas is the only healthy RB on the Seahawks roster. Due to COVID rules, they may not be able to sign anyone else, so you could even pick him up if you don't have faith in Hasty! 

Hope this helps. I also have a trade involving Zeke, help with mine? 

• Thanks 1

It would leave you really thin at WR but, you'd have CMC and Zeke with Mixon in the flex which in a standard league is pretty great....when everyone is healthy. The issue is you don't know if CMC is going to play this week, looking very possible but, still not a lock yet, Mixon most likely will sit this week since they have a bye next week so they can get him extra rest to heal. But, since this is a must win, I think you have to make the trade. Robinson on a bye and Godwin out, you need live bodies out there and Zeke is no slouch so, pull the trigger and grab Zeke. GL, that's a tough scenario. (Edit: thought the Robinson was Allen Robinson, seeing that it's J.Robinson makes it a little tougher, and a little more sense from the Zeke owner's side, but, I think I'd still make the trade)

Edited by GuyIncognito
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

Due to injuries and byes, I'm really considering this trade. Zeke's RoS is bleak, but not sure I can make play offs if I lose this week.

My roster:

This makes me cringe...dude, you've had horrific luck this season. How many teams make the playoffs? 

I'd make this deal because Zeke didn't lose his talent. I don't know what the Cowboys are going to do or how Zeke is going to perform or if that OL will ever get healthy and improve. But I do know this...you need warm bodies in the worst way right now. Making this deal would allow you to start Zeke and Kelley at RB (fingers crossed CMC comes back this week)...start Boyd and Ruggs  at WR...leaving Hasty for your Flex, barring any waiver additions. Without the trade, you're staring 2-6 in the face. 

But if CMC comes back this week and if you can win and if you can get back in the playoff race, you'd have a very good lineup if they're all healthy...CMC and Zeke at RB, Nuk and Boyd at WR, Mixon at Flex...solid. 

So I say that yeah, you should make the trade and hope for the best. 

Thoughts on mine? 

• Thanks 1

I'd take the trade. You should be in desperation mode, that means doing what you gotta do. With a 3rd string QB and lots of other question marks, the Cowboys are going to have to find an identity and that identity easily could be to give extra emphasis on improving their run game. Zeke has struggled, but the talent and upside are still there.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

This makes me cringe...dude, you've had horrific luck this season. How many teams make the playoffs? 

I'd make this deal because Zeke didn't lose his talent. I don't know what the Cowboys are going to do or how Zeke is going to perform or if that OL will ever get healthy and improve. But I do know this...you need warm bodies in the worst way right now. Making this deal would allow you to start Zeke and Kelley at RB (fingers crossed CMC comes back this week)...start Boyd and Ruggs  at WR...leaving Hasty for your Flex, barring any waiver additions. Without the trade, you're staring 2-6 in the face. 

But if CMC comes back this week and if you can win and if you can get back in the playoff race, you'd have a very good lineup if they're all healthy...CMC and Zeke at RB, Nuk and Boyd at WR, Mixon at Flex...solid. 

So I say that yeah, you should make the trade and hope for the best. 

Thoughts on mine? 

Thanks man, let me take a look at yours.

6 teams make the playoffs. I have the most points scored against and am 2nd in points scored. Somehow was able to salvage my season in that sense, but horrible luck + injuries = 2-5 smh lol.

1 minute ago, mvttchew said:

Thanks man, let me take a look at yours.

6 teams make the playoffs. I have the most points scored against and am 2nd in points scored. Somehow was able to salvage my season in that sense, but horrible luck + injuries = 2-5 smh lol.

WIth six teams making it, there's still a chance. Take the deal and stay the course...hopefully your luck will turn. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mvttchew said:

My roster:

I like it if you can get a WR thrown in as well. If it is AJG, I would still take it. Think there is enough passing going around in CIN that him & Boyd can provide value. 

Does the team that has Mostert, have depth at RB? If so, could offer up a WR & Hasty, to see if you can land a RB for depth too. GL!

Thanks for help on mine.

I never thought I would be saying this, but there isnt much of a gap between Robinson and Zeke ROS.

I know you need a win right now, but I don't know if Zeke is the guy to get you that win, based on the way things have been trending with the cowboys. I think I would look for another trade target to set you up for this week.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help on mine.

Zeke is a definite buy low, assuming DAL can get there crap together. My major fear is the condition of that O-Line. Zeke’s “greatness” may be being exposed now that he doesn’t have his all decade offensive line blocking for him, and I’m not so sure his situation is that much of an upgrade from JRob at this point. 

Talent says go for Zeke, but at this point the only RB that has outscored JRob in my .5PPR league is Kamara.... 

I'm accepting the trade. I ended up getting AJ Green out of it, but not sure if I'll ever start him. He was the only non-starting WR on his team that he was willing to trade. Thanks for your help everyone. God speed to you all.