Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wayne Gallman 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s still a decent floor. You got people starting Players like CEH who probably has a floor of like 30 yards.

Devonta Freeman is dust and Dion Lewis is solid but limited. Gallman should be the guy for the Giants ROS. He's totally mediocre but does a little bit of everything and given enough touches can p

... yet you advocate for Harris, instead? Gallman can do a ton more damage without a TD than Harris can, simply by being involved in the passing - not to mention the fact that ol' Gally is the pr

Bucs have the best rushing defense in the league but Gallman does well catching out of the backfield. To me, he's probably the lowest rated injury streamer RB this week after Boston Scott, Bernard, Hyde and the roulette in SF. Maybe tied with Gus Edwards.

Edited by WaiverLooter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Devonta Freeman is dust and Dion Lewis is solid but limited. Gallman should be the guy for the Giants ROS.

He's totally mediocre but does a little bit of everything and given enough touches can produce RB2 numbers. He's a desperation flex play against a stout Bucs defense but the hope is that you stash him and he wins the job going forward. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some of the last game saw him rip off a couple of impressive runs. I don't understand why they wouldn't just give him Barkley's role and see what he can do instead of trying to utilize the other fossils on the roster but what do I know

Link to post
Share on other sites

He had some really nice receptions as well. He is one of those guys who feels like like has has been there 9 years.  He has only been there 4, and is only 26.  I'm not sure why he hasn't been given more of a chance while being there.  While everyone is going for Hyde or Aiyuk, I'm gunning for him on waivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr_X said:

Is he worth an add as a fill-in RB? Seeing lots of talk about a tough Bucs defense, but I know they're more appealing than SF as an example.

High end rb3 in ppr I think he has a solid floor. Put him in the same tier as a guy like Justin Jackson 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, owenmills said:

I saw some of the last game saw him rip off a couple of impressive runs. I don't understand why they wouldn't just give him Barkley's role and see what he can do instead of trying to utilize the other fossils on the roster but what do I know


•I• agree with this but why would they bring in and push DF to start if they felt good about Gallman taking the role? He’s done fine in Saquon’s stead before but seems like more of a jag than not. Still, if he can claim the job he’s obviously fantasy relevant. I’ve snagged him where I could. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdizzle said:

4 catches 32yds

15 carries, 74yds

1td

Would be the 2nd best performance against the Bucs all season -- better than Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs, and trailing only Alvin Kamara. Not gonna happen but something like 50 total yards and 3-5 catches seems doable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Would be the 2nd best performance against the Bucs all season -- better than Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs, and trailing only Alvin Kamara. Not gonna happen but something like 50 total yards and 3-5 catches seems doable. 

Yeah I think Gallman could be startable in PPR and I’m thinking hard about rolling with him instead of Hasty in flex, but I think his line would look more like: 13/40 and 7/30 with a coin flip TD chance.  Bucs will go up big and their run D will shut down the run and Giants will be playing from behind most of the game with lots of garbage time dump offs for Gallman.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he was my bye week fill-in.  Not bad tonight and I'll take it.  But especially if Morris is in the mix, this is a no go.  Not ideal to invest in a three headed committee in a terrible offense with a terrible QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well, he was my bye week fill-in.  Not bad tonight and I'll take it.  But especially if Morris is in the mix, this is a no go.  Not ideal to invest in a three headed committee in a terrible offense with a terrible QB.

Gallman had the goalline carries (not the passing that was Lewis' job). As long as they dont give Freddy the GL opps then i'll take Gallman. He looked pretty solid today against a really stout run D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CooL said:

Well, he was my bye week fill-in.  Not bad tonight and I'll take it.  But especially if Morris is in the mix, this is a no go.  Not ideal to invest in a three headed committee in a terrible offense with a terrible QB.

 

'Bout sums it up. Alf a real drag. Without him Gallman has RB2 value (in the right match-up) IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Volume was what I thought Gallman had going for him with Freeman out and then Alf Morris(?!?!) siphons off 8 carries to Gallman's 12. It's not like Gallman had 25 carries, why the need to mix in Alf so much. Thanks for the TD and solid fill-in Wayne but I'm out of this situation at 3:30am tomorrow morning

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Volume was what I thought Gallman had going for him with Freeman out and then Alf Morris(?!?!) siphons off 8 carries to Gallman's 12. It's not like Gallman had 25 carries, why the need to mix in Alf so much. Thanks for the TD and solid fill-in Wayne but I'm out of this situation at 3:30am tomorrow morning

spacer.png

Same. I didn’t even know Alfred Morris was still alive, let alone on the Giants roster.  Give Gallman those carries and he could have value. Ironically it might’ve actually hurt Gallman that the Giants were somehow in the game until Jones peed down his leg. I’d imagine Gallman gets more snaps if the Giants are playing from behind like they deserve to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...