NBC Sports Edge Forums

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bo - never broke 1,000 rushing yards

Henry - back 2 back 1,000 yard seasons with a hip that would make zeus blush.

Dude, Bo Jackson's total carries in his seasons were 81, 136, 175, 125

Henry's 1k seasons he had 215 and 303 carries. 

You're going to use total yards to compare the two?

I don't give a crap who people think is better and the last thing I want is to see 25 posts between you and others on Jackson vs Henry but can we just not play the statistics shell game. It's dumb

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fun Fact: In high school, Bo Jackson didn't start for the varsity football team until his Senior year. He spent his first three years backing up Frank Gore.

Remember when scouts tried to compare Lenny Fournette to Bo?  Bo was special, he could have been the GOAT RB if he focused on only Football. I still remember that day he got injured. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Dude, Bo Jackson's total carries in his seasons were 81, 136, 175, 125

Henry's 1k seasons he had 215 and 303 carries. 

You're going to use total yards to compare the two?

I don't give a crap who people think is better and the last thing I want is to see 25 posts between you and others on Jackson vs Henry but can we just not play the statistics shell game. It's dumb

My post was in jest to the original poster who threw some meaningless stats out.

Relax.

7 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Well Bo was busy playing baseball at the start of each season, so would have been tough to break a 1000 yards. I should add, only person in human history to make the pro bowl and the all star game. Though Henry is one of my favorite current players.

Are you trying to say Henry can't make an mlb all star game?

JK

• Haha 2

Top 15 talent, but not even in the top 50 in terms of RBs in league history. I don’t care that he also played baseball—that’s cool for him but I care about what he did while playing the sport of football, not what he didn’t do because he decided to also play baseball. He was a part-time player—you can’t extrapolate his performance as if he would have played full seasons or had even an inkling of longevity because, well, he didn’t. The best ability is availability and Bo is an all-time worst player when it comes to dressing for his football teams. There have been plenty of great athletes in the NFL but nobody is giving a gold jacket to Christine Michael. 

I will just come out and say it...might be the most overrated player of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

Top 15 talent, but not even in the top 50 in terms of RBs in league history. I don’t care that he also played baseball—that’s cool for him but I care about what he did while playing the sport of football, not what he didn’t do because he decided to also play baseball. He was a part-time player—you can’t extrapolate his performance as if he would have played full seasons or had even an inkling of longevity because, well, he didn’t. The best ability is availability and Bo is an all-time worst player when it comes to dressing for his football teams. There have been plenty of great athletes in the NFL but nobody is giving a gold jacket to Christine Michael. 

I will just come out and say it...might be the most overrated player of all time.

Agreed. He had a few good highlights. That's about it. He wasn't even the starting running back in any of his years. 

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

9e9410da293c1cfe51ad5d29b7600329876a9d39.jpg.cf.jpg

The only thing that is clear is that King Henry is a better NFL RB than Bo.

Just jokes buddy. It really gets interesting if we want to start talking about who's the better athlete Henry vs White Goodman

Guys used to like to be nasty back in the day on defense.  They hit hard and wrapped up.  If you went across the middle you were going to get hit and hard.  No easy yards.  Imagine this play happening now:

Listen to the announcers reactions.  Today it would be "OMG EJECTION"!  ESPN would talk about it for a weeks. He would be suspended and have to say how sorry he is.

I'm not saying the league should isn't safer now and some aspects aren't better.  I do have a strong distaste for how QBs get away with anything outside the pocket these days. That Mahomes sideline run very much felt like the team didn't want to him because they thought he was going out of bounds.  Then he twirled around and they gave him free yardage because they didn't want to hit the QB.  I don't want dirty hits but I do get tired of guys frolicking across the middle of the field knowing if they get hit it will likely be a flag.  Give me a clean hit but don't neuter the defense.

If Bo Jackson played one sport only he would have been in the Hall of Fame... best ever all around athlete

In the years

Football 87-90      515 atts- 2782 yds 5.4 yds per carry 

Baseball 87-90     107 HRs 301 RBIs 

allstar numbers 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

Slow clap for the troll job. 

7 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

Great post. Easily the most overrated player in NFL history. You don't get ranked on greatness because  you are a great athlete. You have to perform. Tons of great athletes never even make the pros. Bo stats speak for themselves. 500 yards a game? LOL..You got 500 a season overrated one. 

'BO KNOWS' He was the most dominant  running back to hit the field. Bo is the only player in NFL history to have two rushes of at least 90 yards. The longest runs of his career were 92, 91, and 88 yards apiece.  Just because he only lasted 4 years in NFL dont be fooled by the banana in the tail pipe Bo was the absolute truth!!!!At the 1986 NFL Combine, Bo ran a 4.12 in the 40-yard dash, the fastest time ever recorded at the event. Duly noted he didnt play in the vanilla era Put some Respeck on BO Knows" and this talk about Marcus Allen is nonsense especially that Bo Played all his years with him in backfield and he couldnt hold his Jock 
Strap!!!

26 minutes ago, Hotdog said:

'BO KNOWS' He was the most dominant  running back to hit the field. Bo is the only player in NFL history to have two rushes of at least 90 yards. The longest runs of his career were 92, 91, and 88 yards apiece.  Just because he only lasted 4 years in NFL dont be fooled by the banana in the tail pipe Bo was the absolute truth!!!!At the 1986 NFL Combine, Bo ran a 4.12 in the 40-yard dash, the fastest time ever recorded at the event. Duly noted he didnt play in the vanilla era Put some Respeck on BO Knows" and this talk about Marcus Allen is nonsense especially that Bo Played all his years with him in backfield and he couldnt hold his Jock 
Strap!!!

Innaccurate info.

Derrick Henry has 2 90 yd TDs just in the last 2 seasons.  

99 and 94 yards