NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakobi Meyers 2020 Outlook

WRs
Jakobi Meyers

: In the limited opportunities Meyers has had, he’s played well. Going back to last year, he’s caught 37-of-58 targets for 484 yards, though he’s still yet to find the end zone.

Just read where Monday is his 24th birthday,maybe Bill/Cam will figure out a way to get him his first td as a gift.

• Like 1
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like you, new guy. You better be right btw.

I remember everyone saying the same thing about Fulgham after week 5. You're also being disingenuous, his first productive game was week 7--the first game he was given the opportunity to be a full tim

Happy Birthday Jakobi, for your birthday you get to matchup with one of like 3 guys on the Jets that is good...Poole covers the slot where Jakobi runs his routes.  While not a lockdown DB, his ability coupled with the lack of a passing game has me passing here....

9 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Happy Birthday Jakobi, for your birthday you get to matchup with one of like 3 guys on the Jets that is good...Poole covers the slot where Jakobi runs his routes.  While not a lockdown DB, his ability coupled with the lack of a passing game has me passing here....

Doesn't Jakobi play all over the formation?  Not just slot?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GeneralTsou said:

Doesn't Jakobi play all over the formation?  Not just slot?

Yes. He has 37.4 % slot rate according to player profiler. I doubt he runs a lot of deep routes since that is Byrds role. Byrd much faster than Meyers. I’m starting Meyers this week since I have a lot of byes. Seems like a solid bye week fill in. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, GeneralTsou said:

While I love the narrative, I don't think Belichik gives a rats @$$ about the kids bday

Due to injuries and byes I was forced to pick up and start him and I was looking for a possible silver lining  :D

18 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Dude has all the makings of a league winner down the stretch.

Week 11 is nice, but the rest is tough.  Brutal playoff schedule.

Week 10 BAL                  
Week 11 @HOU                  
Week 12 ARI                  
Week 13 @LAC                  
Week 14 @LAR                  
Week 15 @MIA                  
Week 16 BUF
1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

Week 11 is nice, but the rest is tough.  Brutal playoff schedule.

Week 10 BAL                  
Week 11 @HOU                  
Week 12 ARI                  
Week 13 @LAC                  
Week 14 @LAR                  
Week 15 @MIA                  
Week 16 BUF

Are you kidding? Houston, Zona and the Chargers are all horrific against the pass. That is a dream schedule. Jakobi plays from the slot so Rams and Dolphins aren't as bad as they look on paper.

Should be the #1 waiver add. Pats don't have any receivers, and this guy just flew down like the messiah. I don't see his targets slowing at all, and he seems to have a knack for getting open. Free WR2 with WR1 upside ros. Has a good connection with Cam. Like the guy above said, he takes a lot of slot snaps, so he should be matchup proof.

My only concern would be if a stubborn coaching staff bumps him out for Edelman in a week or two, but I don't think you can put this back in the bottle. He's played extremely well over 3 games now, and pretty much carried the offense today.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, jjbooda said:

Brutal. Just couldn’t have been a worse call in this thread. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

Are you kidding? Houston, Zona and the Chargers are all horrific against the pass. That is a dream schedule. Jakobi plays from the slot so Rams and Dolphins aren't as bad as they look on paper.

You must be looking at the wrong data.  ARI is #11 in pass defense DVOA and #17 fantasy vs WRs.  LAC is #12 DVOA and #10 fantasy.  Casey Hayward is more of a nightmare than a dream matchup.

LAR/BUF/MIA is brutal.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

You must be looking at the wrong data.  ARI is #11 in pass defense DVOA and #17 fantasy vs WRs.  LAC is #12 DVOA and #10 fantasy.  Casey Hayward is more of a nightmare than a dream matchup.

LAR/BUF/MIA is brutal.

But if Jakobi gets 16 targets, he can so something with 'em even against quality opponents.

• Like 1

The guy can clearly play and get open - I think his fantasy value hinges on two important factors here:

1) The least concerning is Harry.  He has draft capital but I just don't see how they can not play Jakobi if Harry comes back.

2) The biggest concern is Newton's play.  He is so up and down - he will struggle against better defense but volume should be there.  The offense is also slow as molasses and Newton last night seemed to be more concerned about ball security than taking shots and the play calling also proved that.

• Like 2